Obvious problem with the GE?

Kahote

2 part proof as to why the GE can't work as it is:

1) Seeing as how market prices fluctuate depending on prices being used by merchants, and

2) Merchants can only sell at min price

Therefore, prices will keep dropping because all items will be proposed and bought at the minimum price.

When will it end?

Puwre

"You're pro or you are a noob....

puwre.gif

...that's life." - Athene

When the prices have dropped to a state in which people realize that it's not worth selling there anymore I guess.

But what you're saying is true, quite a few items have dropped in minimum price lately. I don't know about rises, there should at least be a few that have risen in price?

Merchants don't sell at minimum price, they buy at minimum price.

The price is determined by supply and demand, not merchants, therefore the only way it will constantly drop is if the supply constantly increases or the demand constantly lowers.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Threads about the G.E

When will they end?

When the next update comes and people can whine and predict other things. I'm getting a little tired of all these threads too. Dont like it? Dont use it

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

It's highly unlikely to fail.

Merchants will offer to buy at min price and sell at high price.

Thoose two trades balance each other. Therefore they don't cause a drop or rise in price.

As for all the drops etc going on atm, it's because alot of people are selling cheap to try it out AND Jagex set alot of items higher than they should be.

It's obvious there are going to be insane drops/rises in the first few weeks, but as the values get corrected they will all settle out and be no different from normal trading

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

To me the most obvious problem is that you dont have to enter your bank pin to use it.

If you've got something expensive like a godsword selling on GE and you're hacked, they might not be able to get into your bank but they'll have no trouble with taking things out of GE.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

To me the most obvious problem is that you dont have to enter your bank pin to use it.

If you've got something expensive like a godsword selling on GE and you're hacked, they might not be able to get into your bank but they'll have no trouble with taking things out of GE.

And that problem will be fixed

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

The only problem with GE is that some items are way off, so nobody buys or sells them through GE and the prices will never change to a more realistic price before Jagex tweaks it.

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

The only problem with GE is that some items are way off, so nobody buys or sells them through GE and the prices will never change to a more realistic price before Jagex tweaks it.

Hence why jagex has a forum thread for users to tell them whihc items are way off market value and what market vlaue is, so they can check it and then tweak

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And that problem will be fixed

Yeah a JMod actually said ingame about a day after update that they were working on the PIN so don't worry about that :wink:

Merchants don't sell at minimum price, they buy at minimum price.

The price is determined by supply and demand, not merchants, therefore the only way it will constantly drop is if the supply constantly increases or the demand constantly lowers.

+1

+2

+3...sorry to make the quote longer, but he took the words out of my mouth.

+4, same.... sorry if it's spam.

It's just supply and demand. The economy will fix itself. When prices get too low, people will realize this and not sell any more, making the price rise back up. When people realize the price is high, then they will start getting more of that item and sell it. It's a simple balance scale and our economy won't implode.

Stop complaining and start taking advantage of it. I went from 1M to about 10M just by merching onyx bolts (waste of time now, so go ahead and do it).

I also bought ~200k kebbit bolts, 50k ashes, 5k diamond bolts, 10k emmy bolts, ....the list goes on. [EDIT]better[/i] items to buy]

Just find some useful, but obscure, items and you can easily turn a big profit.

The price drop is just temporary since everyone is cleaning out their bank. Now is the time to buy, when prices are at their lowest point.

You can't get hacked on RS. Just don't be stupid and dl a keylogger or use an easy pass. But of course, to please the ignorant/developmentally delayed, Jagex will implement it soon -.-

You technically can get hacked on RS... there are bruteforce password crackers out there.

That's how my friend lost his account, and no it wasn't a keylogger. None was found before or after his loss of his account.

icecube7.jpeg

You clearly don't understand the GE nor have you used it.

If you would bother even trying it you'd know most items by now can't be bought quickly if at all at minimum price and that you actually have to pay the recommended price if not higher.

Come back and cry about it when you've actually tried it, no one cares about senseless and pointless whining.

BTW the GE is really a dream come true for true skillers and merchanters, because now I don't need to spend weeks selling one batch of items for low prices, I just sell everything quickly on the GE.

Threads about the G.E

When will they end?

When the next update comes and people can whine and predict other things. I'm getting a little tired of all these threads too. Dont like it? Dont use it

=D> well said, mate.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]