Personal Photo in Profile

Kaphias

With the fact that we can now post RL pictures, I think it would be nice if we could have a space in our profiles to put a picture of ourself. Something like this:

idea1.jpg

It would just be nice to check every now and then to see who you are talking to, and this would be much easier that digging through that huge RL pictures thread.

Thoughts?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I was actually thinking of making this exact suggestion :) . Rather than having to sift through a 100-page thread to find their photo, we could just click on their profile and see their picture, if they want to put it there.

This would be a great update ::' .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Sweet idea, yea, it is hard enough to search through a 16 page thread..

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Brilliant...I've spent the last hour nearly going from page 5 (where I left it last night) to page 18 where it is now.

So adding this feature would be great. :thumbsup:

There would also be another way to do it, in the form of a on-line Gallery, ran by an Admin or the like. But I don't know how it would work without paying...

This signature is intentionally left blank.

26 pages as of now... this is really gonna come in handy.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

Some kind of gallery system might work well on a small community but a forum the size of tipit would be huge with literally thousands of folders and subfolders. A single image in the profile however could work if sifficiantly resized or remotely hosted (better). There are already modification for phpBB to do this.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Sounds like a good idea to me. Would there be a small clickable link on each person's post to see it or ?

I was thinking that you would have to go the profile page, but it would be really cool if it could be "hidden" so you could see it without having to load a whole new page.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

Sounds like a really cool idea.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Will/is there something like this in PHPBB3?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

Will/is there something like this in PHPBB3?
I think so.

No there isn't. A standard phpbb3 install still only has the usual avatar and signature sections.

(I know this because we've already moved the Rscript forums over.)

On-Topic (quote image converted to link due to width) ...:

With the fact that we can now post RL pictures, I think it would be nice if we could have a space in our profiles to put a picture of ourself. Something like this:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w95/Kaphias/idea1.jpg

It would just be nice to check every now and then to see who you are talking to, and this would be much easier that digging through that huge RL pictures thread.

Thoughts?

Would be a nice idea. Maybe one I wouldn't make outright use of, if at all, but a nice idea. 8-)

The only thing remaining to question is how hard it would be at this point for Albosky to implement, as well as whether or not he would be willing to, and why. :?

Off-Topic:

Just curious, what do you think of PhpBB3 overall? :-s

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

1) It's only been installed a couple days now (I wanna say 3). 3 days isn't enough time to play with everything, even if i didn't have #2 to worry about.

2) I havn't had time to look at any of it due to finals.

3) I won't know till I get around to working on customizing our skin in between other things I've been putting off because of school.

1) It's only been installed a couple days now (I wanna say 3). 3 days isn't enough time to play with everything, even if i didn't have #2 to worry about.

2) I havn't had time to look at any of it due to finals.

3) I won't know till I get around to working on customizing our skin in between other things I've been putting off because of school.

Okay, no problem. ::' ... Feel free to just pop your opinion whenever you've finally had enough time to use it, whether by thread post or PM. I'm not gonna rush you. :)

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, good idea. The thread's at, what was it, 70 pages? The pics would have to be remote hosted. I would post mone, but my parents don't like it, and anyway, they teach internet safety here in Finland in school as part of the cirriculum. -.- So I can't go against my studies. *Can't find the rolling eyes emoticon*

One thing I like about PHPBB3 is that the forum is made into one big RSS feed. :)

C2b6gs7.png

• 2 weeks later...
One thing I like about PHPBB3 is that the forum is made into one big RSS feed. :)

Now that's one thing I've been itching for. :twisted:

And BTW, here's that rolling eyes emote... :roll: (LOL :P ...)

~Mr. Devnull

So, seeing our pretty idea of an Index has suddenly come to a halt, I'd like to ask Admins (or anyone else that knows) whether a similar option is included in phpbb3.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

So, seeing our pretty idea of an Index has suddenly come to a halt, I'd like to ask Admins (or anyone else that knows) whether a similar option is included in phpbb3.

It isn't. It would take some custom work to add, just like PhpBB2.