People who dont finish their kills properly

ladycazzeh

This has been a little annoyance of mine for a couple of weeks now. Usually, I train on the moss giants near the fishing guild, and lately, there have been people there, who reduce the mossies to like one quarter of their hp left, and then just leave them, and move onto the next one.

It annoys me for several reasons.

1) It makes it impossible to train properly because you dont get as much XP as you would if you had been killing it yourself from scratch.

2) You end up finishing off a kill just for someone else to get the first option of the drop and bones.

3) It shows no respect for other players training in the same area.

I wouldnt normally moan about things like this, but its been happening more and more lately and its getting to the stage now where its beyond a joke.

It doesnt just happen at the Moss Giants either, it seems to happen on occasion at the Chaos Druids that drop herbs.

I know I could world hop, but whats to say that there arent people doing the exact same thing on other worlds too.

Stusangel.png

Stusangel.png

WTF respect? In Runescape? Ya...or not, dude if you want respect don't play runescape, just FYI

for_sooth.png

Barrows Drops - Guthans Helmat x2, Dharoks Chest x2, Ahrims Staff, Guthans WarSpear Ahrims Robetop x2, Ahrims Hood, Torag's Legs, Karils Skirt, Xbow - Med (Double) Brassard-Hammers (Double)

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt... (3 helms)

Dk - Dragon Axe x3, Warrior Ring x2

T.T - Top hat (4.3m) x2

GWD - [bandos] Hilt, Plate X2

I couldn't agree more.

This is especially annoying when doing slayer tasks :wall: if I kill someone elses monster, it doesn't count as my kill, thus prolonging slayer tasks.

Denhaag0o0.gif

Fire Cape Achieved on 1/4/08 at 7:35 PM (-5:00, EST)

Dragon Drops: 1 Platelegs, 1 Skirt

Barrows Drops: 1 Karil's Skirt, 1 Dharok's Greataxe

Visage Drops: 1

If you want moss giants I suggest the wilderness now. I haven' t seen much reverants around there. And I do understand how you feel, it trully is a stupid thing to do.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

I couldn't agree more.

This is especially annoying when doing slayer tasks :wall: if I kill someone elses monster, it doesn't count as my kill, thus prolonging slayer tasks.

Actually, the last hit gives the slayer exp I believe. So if someone did do this to you, slayer training would be faster.

On topic: This is definately very annoying, but if you want to play a multiplayer game, then you have to accept other people's playing styles.

tifa.jpg

2) You end up finishing off a kill just for someone else to get the first option of the drop and bones.

That's the main reason they do it I guess. I see it happen quite often at Fire Giants under the Baxtorian waterfall, but this is generally because someone has been attacked by another agressive monster.

You're right, it's infuriating. I find a great solution is often to set up a cannon lol. That tends to clear the area ;)

Harrington.gif

yup I don't like that either, but sometimes I'm forced 2 do it

Like for example, I was at fire giants using my halberd, the one I was fighting couldn't reach me. Then along comes another fire giant and attacks me from the side, it's totally unavoidable!

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

just stay there they only do it so you will world hop and they will have them all to theirselves :wall:

just stay there and if they complain ignore them :twisted:

cannon will really annoy them :XD:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Slayer experience is based on how many hit points you damage it by.

I've done damage on half killed monsters and gotten half the slayer experience.

not true you get ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý the xp for dealing most damage and ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý the xp for killing it

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Although it can easily be annoying when other people do this to you, it can also be very convenient to master this yourself.

It's very fun to keep a shortbow on rapid and take up 2 monsters at once. I can do this at the blue dragons in the Taverly dungeon very easily reguardless as to me having to right click to attack them.

Once one of them are less then half health, focus on the other one until it is also less then half. Then kill both of them. If someone steals it, it's still your drop.

In training areas like moss giants you just have to pay due attention to everyone around you, and don't attack monsters that people leave. Eventually if someone leaves the monsters I keep at half alone I realize I'm dealing with someone reasonable intelligent and so kill them myself.

The world will remember 9/11. The rants forum will remember 1/15.

Refering entirely of course to the runescape website's public rants forum. ~ÃÆÃâÃâ¹Ãâbligatto

If you want moss giants I suggest the wilderness now. I haven' t seen much reverants around there. And I do understand how you feel, it trully is a stupid thing to do.

I have seen revenants there. And nearly got frozen and 3 hitted by a lvl 60 revenant hobgoblin. I managed to escape with 4 hp or so. I'm lvl 62 BTW. I know I'm not much higher lvled than it, but it shouldn't be able to freeze me, teleblock me and nearly 3 hit me with mage/range. Especially in F2P.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

All against the new updates, don't log in!

But I want to play... What if I log in, but put all my chats on 'off' so they don't know I'm on.

I couldn't agree more.

Yes, it does count as your kill. Whoever does the most damage gets half the xp, and whoever finishes it off gets the other half.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

I see it happen quite often at Fire Giants under the Baxtorian waterfall, but this is generally because someone has been attacked by another agressive monster.

The Baxtorian Falls is also where I've seen this happening, but unfortunately, in my experience it's from people who want the bones and good drops, not by accident :(

grammar2gr8dx.png

Noob.

Lets get some things straight, RC pking is BAD, therefore you deserve to get FLAMED. Bad kills, they are defenseless people. It's like attacking a woodcutter for a yew log...

WTF respect? In Runescape? Ya...or not, dude if you want respect don't play runescape, just FYI

Maybe we could respect each other if people like you didn't play.

Shutup.jpg

Golden Sun= the best game ever made?

Farming and construction are dumb. I am proud to have level 1 in both.

How to write very bad guides (B3$7 3\/4R!!!!1)

Of course it depends on the situation but usually there are two options, world hop or counter.

With counter you can either do the half damage thing yourself or set up a cannon as other people sugested. While f2p training at the lessers for example, some ranger was doing this so I countered by stealing his arrows. He didn't get the idea so I stuck to the ones he was targetting and continued doing as before (even if occasionally 1 away from him freed up) ended up with a few hundred arrows and not that much less xp. :lol: I think he learnt his lesson.

1) It makes it impossible to train properly because you dont get as much XP as you would if you had been killing it yourself from scratch.

4)I know I could world hop, but whats to say that there arent people doing the exact same thing on other worlds too.

1-- You are right.

2-- Yes right again.

3-- Questionable. There can be various reasons why people do it.

4-- How will you know unless you hop :-s

Now I will tell you what I mean when I say various reasons.

Firstly, YES I DO in-fact do this!!!

However I have proper reasoning, or at least I believe I do, to do this.

I do this when training at fire giants to the people who come in and see 4-5 people already in the room and start training away instead of hopping. That goes for people who log in as well there. I don't understand for the life of me why you would want to train in an already crowded area instead of making it easier on themselves and others by just hopping. I mean 3 people is enough to level a whole room of fires but 4 or 5 and then for you to come and be the sixth.. thats the last straw. So I take it upon myself to "force" others to leave.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

LOL i was going to make a topic about this..

but anyway i hate that myself, just today i was training at my fav spot the dags and it was quite pact there... even tho when ppl come they just start to attack them and leave them at like 10hp... i get seriously tempted to call them out for doing tht but.. the blackmarks are kinda heavy atm lol...

the best way to stop near death killing is to copy what they do so when they get irritated of it themselves they will start to kill them fully.. its werks fer me anywayz \' \'

8a6769dab0.png

I absolutely detest the people that think this is a good way to play the game. They must be the same people at parties who open cans of beer take a couple of swigs and then get another from the fridge.

It is starting to happen alot at the ice cave where rangers and mages take on two or even three of the ice giants at same time.

The solution. I now bring a few thousand waters,earths and body runes with me and wear full rune. If one of these selfish inconsiderate people (rather a loose term there) start then I return the favour by using curse spell. The spell does not work cos I have full rune on so I can keep 2 or 3 of the giants occupied for hours. (I also get 35k xp per hour for very little cash). When the twit is gone I then stop.