Suicide a sympathy lie, only 1 suicide over rs before!

Harakiri

Child commits suicide over game updates!

Pq2z184r.jpg

LOL...I found this on a website and dude...It is so totally fake. It was some what funny though. That was the only proof I could find any where of a child committing suicide. And it was photoshoped.

(Newspapers generally do not misspell, especially big ones like the Miami!)

Though I did find this old news but it may be of interest if you wanted to hear about a suicide over Runescape.

Thursday, 02 March 2006

Dutch kid commits suicide over online identiy theft

A Dutch 14-years old kid commited suicide last week after his best friend hijacked his account for the online roleplaying game RuneScape. The kid posted a goodbye letter on the website website van zijn clan Heroes of the Future (HoF), in which he announced that he had enough of the world and of the people that are populating it.

Let's call this an extreme example of the importance of online digital identity, which is - according to me - just one of the several "selves" we have in relation to others, and which can become as important as any other selfrepresentation. After all, identity is nothing more than a way to present yourself as being a part of a group of others, or as a way to differentiate from another group of others. I can imagine that this kid his Clan identity was his most valuable and most succesfull self-representation he had. Any thoughts that go beyond cynism or sarcasm?

Link: http://www.hln.be/hln/cch/det/art_178078.html (dutch)

From Boonbloggle.com

It was a fake. Just a scam to get Jagex to give the people some sympathy.

Post comments :D

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

A couple of kids probably suicided over Runescape along the years. But the chances of hearing about it are very slim.

-Parents don't want to talk about it to the media

-The parents don't know precisely what pushed their kid to commit suicide

-Runescape was a secondary factor, and thus in the newspaper you would hear about what caused the teen to be so fragile in the first place

-It's lost within many other stories, and nobody notices it

2480+ total

I remember someone from tip.it dying. I don't remember if it was a suicide or something. I think it was shiva... If she was the one who played c wars a lot...

RIP shiva :(

I think a total of 6 people have died since I've watched updates and/or announcements on Tip.It, publicly announced. Though none of them were suicidal by how Tip.It presented the death.

Then there's another 3 that are either fake, or a horrible thing to say about someone.

And do we really need a topic about someone disproving an easily noticed fake? Or is the hype that the wildy got changed big enough to make us gullible enough to keep such topics unlocked?

I remember someone from tip.it dying. I don't remember if it was a suicide or something. I think it was shiva... If she was the one who played c wars a lot...

RIP shiva :(

He drowned in a lake in rather odd circumstances if I recall right, still have the link to the article somewhere on my computer.

Btw the dutch boy who suicided is a true story

yes the dutch boy suiciding had a little thing to do with runescape, as I remember he had problems at home and at school, although his parents are opposing that story, and then a real life friend hacked his account and stole a few million pixels.... A sad thing that this must happen.

I also recall another story about a dutch boy that was beaten till he revealed his password and his pincode for his account

As I am dutch all I can say is: We're just weirdo's

Anyways some older players have died (the old knight i think), and as stated above shiva accidently drowned, but I don't know that story...

I can't recall any other suicides over runescape, and if you are thinking to do so, then I say: get some professional help, log off your pc and destroy it, go & play outside.

Furthermore the person that made this presumed article in the paper i can say to: Stupid child, it is not a good thing to make fun of people suiciding or anything, it always brings sadness <.<

It's sad that things like that really happen, how would Jagex feel if the newspaper thing was real and Andrew read it while eating his breakfast?

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

In the past it has really happened that a Dutch person committed suicide.

That was not fake, bankpins didn't exist in that time and he simply got hacked. Runescape was a big part of his life that was taken away. That there do exist persons that are acting like it's a fake or make another fake is their problem, but I don't think this is the right subject to make a joke about.

Wow, what a crap...

Dharoks, emo's ultimate weapon if you know what i'm sayin. :lol:
Very nice 10/10

For a second when I was looking at your drop-list picture. Ilooked at the dragon longsword and said "They have a dragon longsword now??" ohh I'm tired :wall:

..., then I noticed a gravestone where our tank was supposed to be and my health was a 1 digit number again.

To be honest I don't think we need to be bringing this topic up about people that have passed away, because its rather upsetting so can we leave the chat about old tip.it members alone, its not how they died its how they lived I want to remember :cry:

+1. Not the nicest topic to be reading.

Plugpoint92 :|

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

i am extremely unstable but if i do commit suicide i dont want people to feel bad or sorry,i want them to see what my life was like,i have had a really weird life!!!good and bad and really weird!!!!

if i do commit suicide i will announce it

Links 2 3 4,Reise Reise,My World and Feuer Frei are the the songs that will make you kick the crap out of a bully that tries to bully you!!

i am extremely unstable but if i do commit suicide i dont want people to feel bad or sorry,i want them to see what my life was like,i have had a really weird life!!!good and bad and really weird!!!!

I can say Fully I've probably had one of the most Trumatic/ Bad beginnings in life than most people on here

Im not thinking of commiting suicide any time soon and I don't see why you would want to announce something like that. You must also see, you killing yourself, would be a selfish act on your family and friends, Imagine how they would feel

loverrrzp8.jpg

People use the suicide story way too much, so I just ignore them all to be honest. If someone really did die then I'd doubt it would ever be posted on the official forum or otherwise.

And I love that newspaper thing. I know so many people that have fallen for something from that site. :wink:

newspaperof4.jpg

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

There are always multiple factors when it comes to suicide: rs can be one of those but the chance it is the only one is very slim. If your live is perfectly fine except for a 'bad' runescape update a 'normal' person wouldn't kill himself.

Too bad allot of people fall for these fake stories, you shouldn't state it clear that it is a joke, fooling people someone killing himself is a big nono #-o

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

LOL @ suicides.

Moron.

The dutch person already had some troubles, and the hacking of his rs account was the thing what caused him to pull the trigger :( (Although he didn't shoot himself)

just a weak person, who couldnt take the downsides of life, and so he did suicide. its just sad. he hurt his parents ALOT with it. I had downsides too, and i dont do suicide too?

cheese chrunchies ftw

I can say Fully I've probably had one of the most Trumatic/ Bad beginnings in life than most people on here

Im not thinking of commiting suicide any time soon and I don't see why you would want to announce something like that. You must also see, you killing yourself, would be a selfish act on your family and friends, Imagine how they would feel

wow!!!! you have really made me see what i was just going to do in a different view,ty so much.I was actually going to do something to myself tomorrow.

Links 2 3 4,Reise Reise,My World and Feuer Frei are the the songs that will make you kick the crap out of a bully that tries to bully you!!

Don't rant on people that committed suicide....

first of all they won;t be able to see it, and next thing is you might hurt relatives with it by calling them names. Most people that comitted suicide had reasons for it others might not have understand, and yes they might have been troubled. But as to you will have respect for them, even after they died. That is the least we can do about it.

The two persons above that where wishing eachother dead: Think before you write! otherwise the brain you have been given i would rather seen transplanted in peopel that need them.

When it comes to death to young people it is never funny. I myself lost some good friends when they where young, and I have been on the edge myself (not suicide, but a nearly fatal accident) I don't think the creator of this topic knew that with this he could hurt alot of people, that's why I ask for a lock on this topic, even though I am not the creator.

I think that the Dutch suicide is true...

There are numerous MMOs that have experienced suicide. I heard of a guy named Shawn Wooley who killed himself after being scammed in EQ or something.

Anyway, WoW has killed way more people than RS or EQ, and none of them were suicides...

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

The two persons above that where wishing eachother dead: Think before you write! otherwise the brain you have been given i would rather seen transplanted in peopel that need them.

For example, in someone who suicides over RuneScape?

I perfectly understand the reason someone would suicide over this game. They got into an unlucky situation and their souls are weak, plus a few other problems as excuses. So don't tell me they have reasons "I don't understand". Often people suicide for apparently no reason, but here the reason is obvious. Finito.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.