Just a thought? Jagex setting up Gaming Community for MechS.

n_odie

Jagex has fixed a major problem in Runescape (RS). As a result, thousands of players have quit and many more are just waiting it out.

Why? (This is just a speculative thought)

Are they hoping to catch all the players that quit with Mechscape (MS)? <.<

Before the update many said that they would try MS but it wouldn't replace RS. Now that many have quit, is Jag not worried due to the hope the MS will bring in more players and thus even the loss of players out?

Not trying to make another MS thread but I've been thinking about it since the update came out and have to find out what Tipit community thinks?

[humor] On a Joking matter:

We couldn't part from you without mentioning something very, very big on the horizon. The new year brings a stunning new update, and we are so happy with it that we are going to let a few hints trickle out over the next few weeks...

Hope these aren't the hints or else we're all in trouble! (BTW I know it summoning... [/humor]

Also, constructive criticism please! :pray:

N_odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

This has been posted many times before.

The answer is always the same: NO company deliberately drives off customers from a successful product thinking that will make them more likely to sign up for a new one. Never. Ever.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The answer is always the same: NO company deliberately drives off customers from a successful product thinking that will make them more likely to sign up for a new one. Never. Ever.

Vista?

jk Search didn't see. If double post plz lock.

Ya, I'm looking forward to it I was just having fun. Tif is so serious now. :S

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

How about Microsoft? They remove all support and updates for each OS to force customers onto the new one.

P.s. I think it pretty obvious that this huge update refers to summoning, with all the development diaries etc. :lol:

How about Microsoft? They remove all support and updates for each OS to force customers onto the new one.

That's a different situation, they're releasing a new version of the same product, not a different one altogether. I'm sure if Jagex were releasing a RS3, they'd try to push as many people from RS2 to RS3 as possible. However, if you're still planning on marketing the old product, you don't drive off your customer base.

P.s. I think it pretty obvious that this huge update refers to summoning, with all the development diaries etc. :lol:

lol, thought the same thing. And the timing would match up very well. A couple weeks of boredness (:P) and wanting to start a new game.

The onl thing that goes agains this is that many of the people that quit hate jagex and won't play a game made by them again. ?

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Slightly different in that Microsoft has a monopoly on the OS market, while Jagex is a small fish in a very large pond in the MMORPG market.

Also, Microsoft stop updating old OSs when they release a new one, but they don't stop updating things like Microsoft office when they release a new visual studio. If Jagex were to release a new RS, then I could understand them not updating RS2 any more (as they did with the RSC/RS2 switch). But they're releasing a new product, not replacing an old one, so there's no logical reason for it.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I hope that when Mechscape comes out, they will have already fixed it so that bots will not work in it. When it comes out, I will give it a try. Since they lost people from Runescape, they should probably start having ads about the new game. (So people will look forward to trying it out.)

Either way it seems to be mostly pures who are quitting and as we all know pures seem to have the intelligence of 8 year olds.

Mechscape will be sci-fi based which means guns..... 8 year olds like things that go ''bang''

So either way alot of pures would have probaly quit runescape for mechscape... JaGeX are just giving them a pushing start.

Either way it seems to be mostly pures who are quitting and as we all know pures seem to have the intelligence of 8 year olds.

Mechscape will be sci-fi based which means guns..... 8 year olds like things that go ''bang''

So either way alot of pures would have probaly quit runescape for mechscape... JaGeX are just giving them a pushing start.

:XD:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Nice stereotype? Honestly, it gets annoying seeing half of the community say how every pure around the block is immature. Your missing the good side of pures by a longshot.

On topic:

I thought this at first, but I seriously doubt this will happen. It's just a bunch of money loss anyways.

brandonssx.png

Tell me...

WHY would a billion dollar company mess up a game that they've worked on for like 5 years (something like that?), updated, edited, built up, invested millions of dollars into it, its worth billions, got them in the top 10 best companies to work for in Britain, and countless other achievements and a game that makes them 5 million a month...and risk it on a brand new game no one has even tested out or even heard an official announcement about from Jagex.

Tell me...is Jagex THAT stupid?

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

It is Jagex we're talking about after all. A lot of your writings have openly criticized Jagex for things no "normal" company would do.

nh.jpg

It is Jagex we're talking about after all. A lot of your writings have openly criticized Jagex for things no "normal" company would do.

Exactly ::'

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Tell me...

WHY would a billion dollar company mess up a game that they've worked on for like 5 years (something like that?), updated, edited, built up, invested millions of dollars into it, its worth billions, got them in the top 10 best companies to work for in Britain, and countless other achievements and a game that makes them 5 million a month...and risk it on a brand new game no one has even tested out or even heard an official announcement about from Jagex.

Tell me...is Jagex THAT stupid?

ahem....anyone gonna read this very logical answer?

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Don't forget that EA shut down Earth & Beyond in 2004 so it could direct resources on other games.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)