Runecrafting to be the top trained Skill for 2008?...

Leoo

Many people do not train Runecrafting because they are:

- Lazy

- Runecrafting is slow to level

- The extistance of Rune Companies

- Buy runes of other players or shops.

With the unbalanced trades being removed tomorrow, from what we currently know, Rune Companies may be forced to close.

This means:

- Players cannot get runes that are required to have a higher Runecrafting then there own, expect from the ZMI Altar that provides SMALL runes above their level or the Assist System

- Players cannot get double runes such as Natures, Airs, Cosmics (etc) expect from the Assist System

Assist System - Not many players are going to stand around doing nothing, and there is also an xp limit

ZMI Altar - Good xp, but you do not get the same rune for each essence, or duplicated runes per essence.

The Grand Exchange has also had a majoy impact on Yew Longs. Making the prices very high..meaning those who want a higher Magic Level are going to be losing a lot of money if they do not provide their own Natures.

This means that players are going to have to start their training Runecrafting so they can gain a decent level that will allow them to make or double runes required for their goal, or even just to make money.

As I've just seen. There are below 910,000 Players that are ranked for Runecrafting. This is band to be full this year? And there are less than 330,00 players that are able to craft natures by themselves, I would also predict that this will raise to at least 600,000.

Keep an eye on the Hiscores, and if you see your Runecrafting rank decrease, then this may be the reason?

Do you agree? Please discuss.

We will be introducing a change on the same day, which will allow you more flexibility when trading. As you may have read in our Future Changes to Recent Updates newspost, this is an increase to the 3,000gp staking/trading limit, based on the number of Quest Points you have.
2999860181_8824737a1a.jpg?v=0

We will be introducing a change on the same day, which will allow you more flexibility when trading. As you may have read in our Future Changes to Recent Updates newspost, this is an increase to the 3,000gp staking/trading limit, based on the number of Quest Points you have.

That isn't the point. We still don't know how QP will affect the limit, if you read what I said.

Somehow I think I was giving out more than 30k worth of double natures per 15 minutes with FFDN... :|

But I think since Jagex has officially recognized rune companies by making official worlds for them, they'll be implementing measures to preserve them. Apparently they won't be doing that immediately, so in the near future there could be more people training Runecrafting.

Somehow I think I was giving out more than 30k worth of double natures per 15 minutes with FFDN... :|

But I think since Jagex has officially recognized rune companies by making official worlds for them, they'll be implementing measures to preserve them. Apparently they won't be doing that immediately, so in the near future there could be more people training Runecrafting.

Oh yeh, cause they really preserved Pking Worlds...

Please, No matter what Jagex does, they won't be afraid to undo it

toasttankersigks2.png

Feel free to add me in runescape on my tanker "Toast_Tanker"

The Grand Exchange has also had a majoy impact on Yew Longs. Making the prices very high..meaning those who want a higher Magic Level are going to be losing a lot of money if they do not provide their own Natures.

this part stood out for me to ask, then why alch yew longs?

Regarding the 30k / day xp limit for skills, I did some quick math.

If you did the assist system for runecrafting, you would be able to have 3000+ nature runes (in single runs) crafted before you'd hit your limit. Assuming that people are bringing 27 pure essence (plus 1 space for teleport), that means that a player can do approximately 120 inventories before the assist system will kick in and they would have to begin making the runes on their own. While I admit that this is a low amount to a dedicated runecrafter, it's still a decent quantity of runes, none the less.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Oh yeh, cause they really preserved Pking Worlds...

Please, No matter what Jagex does, they won't be afraid to undo it

BHing worlds :wink:

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

this part stood out for me to ask, then why alch yew longs?

Because it's a speed issue.

Players should NEVER have been able to buy EVERYTHING needed to level a skill quickly and STILL make a profit.

I've yet to lose anything leveling magic as I make EVERYTHING myself. I get 100 percent profit, but that comes at the cost of speed.

"Here lies one whose name was writ in water."

I love how people are freaking out about all this. All people are going to need is a tiara.

Jagex already fixed all this with a thing called skill assist.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I love how people are freaking out about all this. All people are going to need is a tiara.

Woow, at 5K a day it'll only take me 1300 days to get 99 RC from 91. -.-

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

- Lazy

you forgot a big one:

it's a very boring skill!

phata_elise.png

I love how you ignore the fact that the Assist system is horrifically limited.

There are still enough ways to train magic while making money: superheating, humidify, high alching certain items bought trough the GE ... This have changed but are not gone.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

- Lazy

- Don't care to train a skill that has no use to them

- Don't care what other people think about their total

- Have other ways of making money

Yeah, because anyone who doesn't train a skill that someone else likes is a lazy rich bum :roll:

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Summoning will be the top trained skill but runescrafting will see an exponential growth,how many people wrere using abyss after wildy update?tonnes and it made nats crash.

id like to see the numbers of how many people got 99 after the wildy update and between 2008-2009.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Won't happen till Jagex fixes pure ess, which has lost its purpose of existance, and I don't see a point in being a ess crafter for runners when ZMI is totally better in terms of cost and is just as fast.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

And there are less than 330,00 players that are able to craft natures by themselves

Proud to be one of them!

Honestly though, no one buys yew longs from the GE. I've had 1.5k of them in there for 2 weeks at lowest price. When the 3k thing comes out tomorrow, there will still be no buyers. That'll (hopefully) cause a fall in price.

One of these days I'm gonna stop at Yanille and get those things sold.

I am 85 rc mostly due to w16 air runners, and yes i loved crafting there. It's sad tomorrow will be the end of rc-ing as we know it, perhaps jagex will come up with a solution not to lame up rc-running or rc-ing itself by an amazing extra feature or something.... We will never know, well perhaps the day after tomorrow, then we might know more :P

I am 85 rc mostly due to w16 air runners, and yes i loved crafting there. It's sad tomorrow will be the end of rc-ing as we know it, perhaps jagex will come up with a solution not to lame up rc-running or rc-ing itself by an amazing extra feature or something.... We will never know, well perhaps the day after tomorrow, then we might know more :P

And there are limits to world 16 that dont apply to others, such as no req to craft runes and cash as payment.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Funny... I always thought that bots played a major role in the mining of P ess and ess... Of course I could have just imagined those 40 or so bots running back and forth from the ess mine on almost all the p2p worlds...

signature.png

to be perfectly honest the runecrafting skill needed balancing. with bots supplying the ess and crafters flooding the market, rune prices dropped, magic levels gained, and tons of gp flooded the market from alchers.

while fast free laws and "free" double nats worlds cant function with the trade imbalance in effect, unless jagex changes that, which i think they will but if and until then... laws will raise in price and so will nature runes and deaths and all runes really.

the reason, besides these companies being down, is essence prices are increasing to "what they're worth" in my opinion. much profit can be gained through runecrafting. but it is a skill not for the lazy! so fewer crafters due to that fact. but still good profit for the non-lazy players that will craft.

should jagex change pure essence? no they shouldnt. look at coal it's 150 gp thereabouts for a skill that barely makes a profit sometimes, smithing. now with coal it's available to be bought from free players as well as members. pure essence only mined on p2p. so, tell me how pure essence should be less than coal? answer: it really shouldnt be.

so will jagex change pure essence so that people can craft 60k runes a day without mining any of their essence? i hope not but... will they change it so that it goes to manage thy kingdom; yeah i think they might; which basically means tons of non-crafters will sell the essence they wont be crafting. is that right? is that how the game should work? i dont think so but jagex wants more people to do all quests like kingdom of miscellania so they might add it there. just means the lazy non-runecrafters will be able to buy cheap runes and sell their essence to the crafters. oh well... +1 for the lazy and back to normal for runecrafters that make more money buying their ess and crafting then if they were to mine ess and craft it. just means runes will be supplied by few for the many, which is how it is now anyway. we'll see what happens. would be cool if the life rune was added to the game with blood and soul altars coming in 2008?

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]