Topic Ended: Mods Please Close

ThePunisher666

Is the upcomming Summoning skill really just another new skill? Some say that it is part of a conspiracy or something like that to refill the gap caused by the bot crackdowns and recent updates by keeping members paying for new comtent in the game, attracting new members through huge updates and maybe even attracting new F2Pers to the game if summoning is made avaliable to F2P.

I have never seen so much about an upcomming skill on the rs main page. It seems kinda like adverisement for customers even! I even didnt see this much fuss even about runecrafting, farming, slayer, and hunting when they were comming out.

I even believe that the upcomming Summoning skill in some way will revive the bot trend if it is made available to F2P but not to epidemic levels. There are those of us with our theories out there but i would like to hear your thoughts on this huge issue. :-k :twisted:

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Bring it on!

Member.png

First of all the reason they are telling us so much about it is because when Hunter came out people were flaming that they didn't release the skill they wanted. I'm assuming it's also a much bigger skill than any of those that you mentioned.

Second, Summoning will not revive bots. It costs money to train. So unless they want to auto their way to a decent level to sell the character online it won't revive bots.

Summoning is a real skill being released within 2 weeks.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

It is also much like player owned houses. I have heard rumors of summoning since I started playing in 2004. Now that it is finally coming, it is getting a good amount of proper propaganda.

Do I think it was made to get people to forget about the recent updates? No, but I think that may have something to do with its timing.

felter_laur.png

Lmao. I laughed at the title.

xD Are you serious?

But hmm..

Maybe it could be to fill in the gap with all the new updates that upset so many.

I don't know if it'll be F2P though..

There are many different opinons on that.

I guess we'll have to wait.

wongtongxg4.gif

F2P | 59/70 smith | 13/15 skills 70+ | 70 smith banked.

loinclothec5.gif

Is the upcomming Summoning skill really just another new skill? Some say that it is part of a conspiracy or something like that to refill the gap caused by the bot crackdowns and recent updates by keeping members paying for new comtent in the game, attracting new members through huge updates and maybe even attracting new F2Pers to the game if summoning is made avaliable to F2P.

I have never seen so much about an upcomming skill on the rs main page. It seems kinda like adverisement for customers even! I even didnt see this much fuss even about runecrafting, farming, slayer, and hunting when they were comming out.

I even believe that the upcomming Summoning skill in some way will revive the bot trend if it is made available to F2P but not to epidemic levels. There are those of us with our theories out there but i would like to hear your thoughts on this huge issue. :-k :twisted:

Construction was advertised a lot, and there was a good reason for that: players had been wanting Player Owned Houses for a long time. It's the case with Summoning as well, emphasised by the fact that it was a project in RSC (You may have heard about the Life Rune?), which was put to one side because of server limitations as well as a whole host of other problems. But that's basic human mentality, promise something big but then retract it, and they will want it for a long time.

I think they have every right to advertise big updates, it's all part of the fun of expectation. Teasers, hints, clues, it's an activity in itself to try to fit the pieces together.

If you want to try to figure out hidden motives (and I'm sure there are: construction is yet again a good example, it was used to combat inflation by costing large amounts of money to be able to get anywhere in the skill, and thus remove money from the economy. There's a good Tip.it times article on the effects), wait until it comes out. It's always been the case with Jagex that the hints and spoilers are only the corner of the big picture, and what we know is insignificant compared to the rest of the skill.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

im not saying that it is fake, im just saying their advertising to attract more players to the game since because of the massive ammounts of players that left the game and because this is all conviniently timed.

Its been a long awaited skill, since rsc people have been waiting for it. Jagex has had a hard time implementing it into the game, its a huge addition to the game. The reason i think they have put so much about it on the front page is due to the fact that the rs ccommunity became so massive that this was the only way to stay "personal" Back in the day it was alot easier for them to talk to people because there wasn't near as many people. Infact many people would run into them ingame from time to time. Releasing information is a great move on there part.

swordwarior.png

Well one main reason its being shown a lot is that it will be a whole new combat skill, and will raise the max combat over 126, which has been the set "max" combat for some time. Not to mention the amount of content that has been added into the skill, and the enormous time frame it has been in development (look at the 1st summoning diary to see a time chart for how long its been in development) and probably will be a very controversial update considering how much it will be changing. Of course there is always a risk of the skill not being widely used, so they are trying to get as many players they can to jump on the skill when it comes out.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Jagex better hope it's real because a lot of players are hyped up about this update, and this could mean the difference between quitting and not quitting for other players as well.

Players actually have something to look forward to now, unlike the last few updates which haven't been as popular. Jagex needs this update, so it should be real :)

Click here to help me level!

108486.gif

Thanks for the help!

There's really no other reason to make this update such a big deal.

*raises hand* Because it's a long awaited skill that's been over 5 years in the making, it's a huge update, and will affect not only all of the skills, but also bring in other huge updates and make new things possible?

Nah, you're right. There's no reason dolt

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Nah..... I was just kidding..... I just wanted to see how you ppl would react if someone contradicted you thought and reasoning.

But is there any possibility that the recent updates concerning bot removal might be connected with summoning in which to try to attract new members to replace those many who left the game?

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Bring it on!

Member.png

Nah..... I was just kidding..... I just wanted to see how you ppl would react if someone contradicted you thought and reasoning.

But is there any possibility that the recent updates concerning bot removal might be connected with summoning in which to try to attract new members to replace those many who left the game?

I'm pretty sure there is, they needed to give players who were not sure what to do (quit, stay) a motivation to keep playing, this diary was released on a perfect moment. Don't forget there is a whole team at Jagex, also some people who are in charge of the publicity (also new info about the game).

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

I'm sorry to not add much discussion here but really all I have to say is "you're a [bleep] [developmentally delayed]." You know why I say that? Because why the hell would jagex advertise a fake skill/update?

dude, uncalled for...if anything you're a little developmentally delayed, because if you read his post, you'd see that his title is misleading. By "conspiracy" he means that jagex is over-advertising this skill because they want to keep their members paying at least until this skill is released. I'm sure it worked too, I bet many players would have quit by now if it weren't for summoning on the horizon.

Of course Jagex advertise a lot for summoning. In my view it's going to be the biggest update since... Maybe since the release of RS? Summoning just has so many aspects and will change to many things in RS that are normal to us. They are giving us their "development diaries" to show how much time they've actually spent developing this skill. More than a year - that's a long time!

Maybe change your title? Again, Jagex have to "advertise" for this (great I hope) skill which many people most certainly will find joy in. The loss from Bounty Hunter/Grand Exchange/Limited Trade wasn't that high at all. People will adjust - and yes, summoning will maybe attract more players or it will make the "quitters" come back and make us players stay even longer.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.