heads up on maple logs

joker202

I know there are many of you like me that have a ton of maple logs.

Maple logs have gone through the floor in price. They are 45-55gp each.

I remember I used to be able to sell them for 110 each.

I did see a post from jagex that said they are aware of the enormous amount of maple logs and the low price. They said that they are going to make a shop buy them back at 85gp each.

I am going to take my 20 mil, and buy as many logs as I can so I can make a profit.

Do you know what that would do to inflation? It would add at least 76.5K new coins into the game per person (900 maples), and since there are about 1M members and assuming 100K MTK users (which is conservative estimate) that means 76.5M new coins per day.

Its possible but not very likely.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

where did you see a post where jagex said they were going to raise the price on maples? Im pretty sure they try and keep things like this under wraps. Sounds more like your trying to get all your maples sold . . . :shame:

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

I doubt there will be a shop like this tbh. It will maby be the first few loggs, but after that they will give less and less for it.

Its your choice, but a risky one!

Colo

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

where did you see a post where jagex said they were going to raise the price on maples? Im pretty sure they try and keep things like this under wraps. Sounds more like your trying to get all your willows sold . . . :shame:

i agree with you.

but its Maple logs he is talking about not willows :XD:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

where did you see a post where jagex said they were going to raise the price on maples? Im pretty sure they try and keep things like this under wraps. Sounds more like your trying to get all your willows sold . . . :shame:

i agree with you.

but its Maple logs he is talking about not willows :XD:

ROFL, thanks fixed it. But there is sooooooo many maples and more and more being put into the market from MTK. And especially with summoning coming out everyone is trying to get eggs through MTK, so if anything the price is going to drop even more.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

where did you see a post where jagex said they were going to raise the price on maples? Im pretty sure they try and keep things like this under wraps. Sounds more like your trying to get all your maples sold . . . :shame:

I agree, its worse actually, he's trying to increase the price he gets for his maples...

Supoosedly they mentione dthat thered be a shop that buys logs... Theres one already, called the General Store...

Even if they made such a specific shop, they would never EVER release the ammount they were going to buy the maples for...

Reported this topic, requesting it to be locked...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

They pointed out that they would be opening a shop that would buy your maples at a fixed price, but they never said what that price would be!

My prediction is that it would most likely be the min price you would pay for the maples if you collected the maples from MTK, I thinks its around the 58gp mark?

You know what, I could care less if you believe me or not.

Alll of you take your attitudes and *&^*&^*&

Everytime someone makes a post, you all seem to be the first to flame them.

I DID SEE THIS FROM MOD MARK ON THE RSOF. But I did not take a screen. It is still there, search for it if you want to see it.

I DID SEE THIS FROM MOD MARK ON THE RSOF. But I did not take a screen. It is still there, search for it if you want to see it.

Or you could search for it. It's hard to find a single post in that forum.

And they're probably only acting this way because you have no proof. It's all speculation as of now.

I remember them saying something about adding a new shop like that, but never saying what price.

icecube7.jpeg

If it really exists, post a link or a screenshot maybe? Or at least mention which forum or the general name of the thread. After searching the relevant forums (Item dis., General, Rants, Fletching) and searching numerous possible thread titles, I haven't found anything.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

My prediction is that it would most likely be the min price you would pay for the maples if you collected the maples from MTK, I thinks its around the 58gp mark?

Indeed. There's almost no chance they would let players make an instantaneous profit off of Miscellania. I think the MTK guide says 65/maple. I personally doubt the trade value would even be that high, as that's just free seeds/eggs/rings.

That said, I would surely take advantage if they did it.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

We always flame threads except when we don't.

That is safe to say.

Screenshot please? I highly doubt this. have fun wasting 20m

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

I know there are many of you like me that have a ton of maple logs.

Maple logs have gone through the floor in price. They are 45-55gp each.

I remember I used to be able to sell them for 110 each.

I did see a post from jagex that said they are aware of the enormous amount of maple logs and the low price. They said that they are going to make a shop buy them back at 85gp each.

I am going to take my 20 mil, and buy as many logs as I can so I can make a profit.

lets play the logical game

positive theory, your correct, you inform us we believe you and we all make $.

negative point, you spend 20million coins on maple logs. no one believes you. now you suddenly have maple logs.

now i do not know you, or your "wealth" but lets all just admit 20million coins is a considerable amount just to "disperse". do you really want to take that chance? maybe you could do this with 15 of the 20. so you have 5mil to fall back on incase your wrong. and you will still yield 75% of the profit you intended. worse case scenario, your stuck with these logs for some time and they drop to 44coins ea again. and you take a while(weeks maybe) to reobtain your 15mil which by this time could be in the area of 10m.

now after considering that, while you ponder whether to commit fully or partially find that post for us all. and prove us all wrong, please.

Wrong. Everytime someone makes a big claim on what a Jagex mod supposedly said, yet can't produce any proof of it, they're the first to flame.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

We always flame threads except when we don't.

Wise words indeed.

By the way, I'm much too lazy to research every wild claim made by some random internet person with no proof, or any suggestion of a way to produce proof.

If for some strange Jagex becomes "teh nub" and you're right, I'll gladly sell my 25k+ banked maples. I think they're getting cold in the bank and more and more just seem to keep piling up...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20