Tip.it Times Presents: Double Feature!

MPM

As everyone else has said, the second one was really a good article.I'm not trying to put down the first one, but the trading is what everyone is thinking about nowadays. I was never a big giver, maybe hop to f2p once every few months to give away a couple sets of rune, but never anything more. I can only imagine what it would feel like to have that destroyed, that could basically ruin RS for anyone.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I understand, but I also chose deliberately not to write about those 10/12 updates, because I think its pretty clear how everyone feels about it...

Instead I wrote about something thats been neglected on this fansite for a long long time...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

hat second post was very good, i enjoyed reading it <3: , haha i can actually relate to that, i used to go to lumbridge gather up some "Noobs" and play "Hide And Seek" haha i owuld give out 500k to people who could find me,those were the days :boohoo:

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

I liked the 2nd one. It was the gameplay.. not so much fact 'fr33 st0ff' or whatever. Its just completely different now and less community friendly. Most old timer friends who already quit but at the time became friends because probably lent eachover items. I used to give people the tools needed to make money if I saw them working hard. Thats the right kind of encouragement needed. A few years later they got like 1500+ total and few mill.

The first article I dont relate with much.

Got a lot of respect for Turtlefemm after reading what she wrote. It's nice to know that there were people like her playing the game before these changes, and a shame that there will be less of them after the recent changes. It's probably too much to to hope that Jagex will change it ever again, but I think as long as there are generous and kind people in Runescape there's at least a small chance that it will remain an enjoyable place to spend time. Both posts good, Turtlefemm's was nice from the personal touch and I found it a really enjoyable read. =D>

Two good articles. The first really captured my idea of clans - sharing experiences with others.

The second kind of made me sad thinking of things we can no longer do...

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

The first article was good. I myself have a clan that I run somewhat (I keep the forums and stuff) and it's really hard to find loyal members. Aside from that it's even harder when you little clan is being picked on by one of the toughest clans in runescape

The second article covers a topic that everyone has an opion on even if it is "OMG 7h15 5ux, I ha73 y0u jaGex." When it first came out these updates were over-whelming. Really though it is for our good. I have even done stuff that this fixes (rule 8) and really it's time jagex took a stand. It's been a month, you've had time to asorb this so get over it. Over time humans have adapted to the enviroment and we can adapt to the trading changes. Sure even I would hand stuff out when I felt like it. full iron, steel, stuff I didn't need, I would even hand out money when I couldn't afford it. I even gave away my armour (rune) to help someone complete DT. Those days are gone now though. If you are really that upset about the updates then just quit runescape will be a better place without your whining, that was the reason jagex did this in the first place.

I liked them both a lot, in different ways.

The first one was very informing, and to me, kind of uplifting, it seemed hopefull (yeah, I'm weird).

The second one was a good story, but it was very sad. I hope turtle gets his fun in runescape back, he can still help people.

snowsigyy7.png

Ya. I never gave away much, but the second topic won my heart. The only time I gave away anything valuable was when I went on a six month hiatus from members. I gave a level 56 walking past seers like 200k and gave someone buying a d long his request for free... I also got rid of my whole inventory of some 18k+ pure rune ess... kicked myself for that when I rejoined, Bwhahaha!

The first one was also good. I never participated in clans, but now I wish I had... Ah well, Good Stuff all!

P.S. The Did You Know? was actually something I did not know! Awesome!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

im sorry, i have been playing runescape for 6 years now, and stopped when rs2 came out. I thought they took it too far with the graphics, but i could not leave runescape. So i made my new account about 2 years ago after my old account(steel9999999) was lost, because my grades were suffering. But i cant really relate to giving people things randomly, even a Blue party hat was a dream back when i played(missed the event :( ) and well i wasn't that mature back in the day....

the new updates though dont affect me that much because im more skiller than pker, and the grand exchange is my best friend <3: And for turtle, im sorry but everyone has to relise that runescape was losing money because the macros were using stolen credit cards, then jagex would have to would lose money, because they had to give services and give the money back

(from refunds). So you have to look at it from jagex's point of view.

Poopuidiot.gif

proud owner of a crystal bow 1/7/07 :)

my sig hates me, I cant get it to work :(

I just realized how completly different Runescape is...I can't give my friend random stuff he needs for quests easily, i can't help out my low level friends, I have lost most of my ability to help out the world...I really loved having drop parties in lumby for low level people, that was fun... :?

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

I know, rationally, that I'm very happy about the updates. However, Turtlefemm made me realize what an integral part giftgiving is to some players. I realized, also, that one of my favourite things was when my friends would thank me for a birthday, Christmas, or other holiday gift I had given them. I never was, and am not, rich enough to give quite the gifts Turtle did, but I still know the rush you can experience from giving. I would give smallish presents (of course, that depends on who you are - mine were usually around 1M or something, and to some of my friends, that was really worth a lot to them), but as long as it meant something, and I'd worked for it, it was a good feeling I got. Reasonably, I still agree with the updates. And being rid of the autoers is still worth it. But Turtlefemm's letter just made me experience a pang of remorse at the loss of that aspect of the game - however much I hated the other aspects we lost.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

A great article.

1. Jagex destroy pking and clan wildnerness- clans adapt and begin pking at BH

2.Jagex take out unbalanced trading- a pathetic 30k cap, stops friends giving gifts and helping each other out.

3.Jagex takes out BH worlds- small clans will be hunted far easier. Makes me laugh because even their loyal rsb clans cant pk anymore- if they do rsc clans destroy them

Summary

Jagex take awya their unique selling point of the game (runescapes pvp was the only one that let you take all the other players items that I know off)

On the posotive:

The clan arena is prety cool- would be nce if we could return or gain rune.

Turtlefemm's quite a moving writer. I don't normally enjoy reading passionate laments, but this one's a good read.

We've lost a lot of opportunity for multiplayer cooperation in RuneScape over the RWT updates. The first article's a nice reminder that there are still things in the game that are more fun with friends / clanmates. Hopefully whatever expansions Jagex makes to PVP combat in future will give clans even more to do.

turtlefemm really made me view the pathetic 30k trade limit from a differen point of view. im certainly not as philanthropic as him but every once in a while i do try and fulfill a wish of a random stranger who tries his luck by asking me. most of the time its the usual rune items which i always have surplus (especially helm) from all my slaying. well looks like i can no longer give plates, kites or legs...sad to say i can no longer give/receive gifts from friends during birthdays, festive seasons or when achievements are met too. lol i still remember the last gift i gave was a dark cavalier as a bdae prezzie to lady heinous. (well if i had gotten a black cavalier instead i would have given it to her =P)

initially i thought the allowance with quest points would be the number of quest points u have X 3k but i guess this update really kills the spirit of giving...all i can hope for is that jagex will remove it when real world trading becomes insignificant (a hope which is rather bleak i know) well i'm sure there are other alternatives to combat rwt...if jagex was determined and committed enough to get rid of rwt without harming the larger portion of runescapians im sure they can think of something, what with how advanced technology is becoming.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Great read on both articles!

The "Dear Jagex" article was really informative and give a "new" way of looking at the updates.

I just have to inform some of you chauvinistic readers; Turtle is a WOMAN (surprising that a female can write that good aint it?) :XD:

Edit; spellcheck! (thanks waheera1)

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Wow, those were some more great reads... How can I use words to explain their goodness? (yes, I really enjoyed them).

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

I thought the second article was very well written and made feel sympathetic towards these people who gave stuff out for free....but I constantly think...

I am so sick of the whining and the posts about this. It's not going away and frankly, I like the updates. I like that people can't give things of to their friends for free.

What, people have to actually, god forbid, earn their money? Holy moly..a revolutionary idea.

"it's frustrating when you know all the answers, but no one bothers to ask you the questions"

lostdreamer3.png

Nice one guys, especially Turtlefemm. Really made me think about the times you 'scapers had before I joined in August 2005. Back then, the community spirit was better than it is now, but a shadow of what you describe. It's kinda depressing how you suddenly log on to find an important part of your RuneScape life gone. That would be enough to make anyone quit, but you seem a very loyal person. You've been through loads; why would this make you quit? Just hang-on in there, I'm sure there'll be many more updates to make up for your loss. Good Luck. :D

Rockdude_D.png

rockdudedave.png

Very nice article, Stormrage... I agree that there is always a place for clans in Runescape, regardless of updates and changes that rock the foundations of how people think of what a "clan" is. It is human nature to cluster into groups for whatever purposes they have in mind and Runescape definitely has a lot of things going on that people want to group up for. :)

Thank you to everyone who has read my own article here and left your opinions. For those of you who expressed concern, I am still very much a loyal player of the game. And, while my "letter" did focus on the heartbreak I felt at the drastic trade update Jagex made, material giving has never been my entire method of helping others in the game. It was simply one of the most joyful experiences that I've had.. Sort of like instant gratification, filling a need to make others feel good right then.. In the moment...

And.. thank you Sunli.. for pointing out that I'm female.. :lol: :lol:

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle