Reapairing Gravestones.

craven_range

first off its your fault you died, and its noones responsability to repair your grave. you deserved your death take the loss. just dont die near me because all ill do is dance on your gravestone

That kind of remark right there is what is bringing this game down. People like you don't even deserve their account. Also, people like you don't keep their accounts very long...which is a good thing.

First off, I will admit it was my fault. And yes, I deserved to die from it. But that does not excuse the player's actions, nor yours, from being rude to another person. I did nothing to deserve that kind of treatment.

People like you and him make me sick. And I would have no qualms about knocking any of your teeth down the back of your throat over this kind of behavior.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: + [bleep]ing 1!!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say that if you don't have to use any prayer in the near future and/or there is an altar nearby anyways, you should repair the gravestone. I don't expect anyone to rep my grave in the wildy, that is. It would be a different situation if you could plunder the damn graves. :twisted: Generally, I'd say something like this: if you can repair the stone without going out of your way too much you should repair the stone, and the higher your prayer is, the more I expect it from you (or myself).

PS: Don't expect me to bless your stone... I don't have 70P :mrgreen:

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Most f2p'ers who die are very low lvl and inexperienced and don't know that they can get their items back. I always check stats before repairing graves. I dont want to waste prayer on newbs who don't know the gravestone concept. However, if they have some stats ranked then I would repair and pm the guy/girl to come get their stuff.

I wouldnt be offended in your case.

I would have repaired ur grave

In f2p, repairing is..one's choice. No one is obligated to do it. In p2p, ppl should repair.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

I would've been annoyed, but it's no one's responsibility to repair graves, it's just a nice thing to do. A lot of people can't repair them to begin with, since you need 70 pray to repair them at all.

It's 70 for blessing which makes them last for a hour. Repairing takes lvl 2 prayer and 3 points...It's a thing most people can do, even new people. Assuming that they know about it of course.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

I always repair a gravestone no matter what of course thats if I have prayer and if i don't I try to have a p ppot with me. I know what is like to die and I don't feel others should feel that experience. I would like to beat the [cabbage] out of anyone who says it's not their responsibility it's not but atleast you can be nice.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Unless I see the person who died and got a chance to speak to them, I do not repair Grave Stone. And I don't think anybody else would to in F2P, considering half the people are under level 40. If someone requests for me to do it for there friend however, I shall.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Would you be offended in my situation? at first, yes.

Would you have repaired my grave? Yes

Has repairing graves become something that people "should" do?

I think it should be something they should do, I feel its just the correct thing to do.

How much prayer points does blessing cost?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

To Ixindor:

If you would punch someone because of a game... you are taking this game wayyy to seriously

That guy didn't have to bless you grave he should of but you taking it out on other people is completely stupid.

OT:

I started playing rs like 3 or 4 weeks ago, I got hacked lost my DFS and around 50mill worth of items, so here I am with around 5 mill in items and I do slayer blah blah I get a clue and I do it. I get a sara wizard in the Elf land way north near the spider eggs. Well me trying to act cool and saving the few monks I have and I die.

Great I just started playing again and I die with all the money I have left... ( I luckily bought the 4 mins gravestone) and I am rushing to my death spot cursing my wagon off and then at the bottom of my screen I see a message someone had blessed my grave. I never ever felt so good in rs (and I gotten 3 guthan spears, a visage, and like 40 barrow drops.)

Someone blessing your gravestone when you really needed is an amazing feeling. I bless all gravestones I see. I saw a guy die at metal dragons sure it cost me prayer pot but it I know how it feels to be in that situation.

So anyone out there that thinks they are too cool to bless someone else's grave just remember karma is a [bleep] and its going to bite you in the [wagon] one day.

gorillabones.png

Barrow Items: 45 (3 Guthan Spears)(12/25/06)(1/1/07)(04/07/07)

Proud Owner Of Quest Cape SINCE the day it came out

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Visage #2 August 4th, 2008

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

I bless a gravestone every chance I get. Although, there have been two exceptions:

I was doing pyramid plunder and this skiller was doing it with no items. And he died. Obviously all he had was super antis and food, so no real reason to bless it :P

And then the other time...I was on my first trip to Arma GWD. When we got into the boss room there was one gravestone. Unfortunately my other team-mates didn't want to bless it -.- I wanted to, but it was my very first trip and I really needed the prayer :\ I felt really bad and still do :\

Range_0r.png

Anyways, BBL OFF TO SLEEP WITH A RACCOON

How much prayer points does blessing cost?

I have 70 Prayer and I've blessed a couple, most of the time my Prayer usually goes from a full 70 down to the 11-15 range.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

• 2 weeks later...

I would most likely be offended.

I always usually end up with 0 prayer because I always repair peoples gravestones. :-#

I think its just something that most people do nowadays.

- Rem. ::'

Please visit our forums !! Click the link!!

Register; and get posting!

CLICK! ---> http://dantay800.com/forum1/index.php <---CLICK!

Would you be offended in my situation? No, it's fair game.

Would you have repaired my grave? This is a hard one. Depends on how stupid the person was, but for you it was a typical error so I would have.

Has repairing graves become something that people "should" do? Not at all. It's everyones duty to be self-responsible, although it is nice when people do repair your grave. Obviously if your team member dies in GWD or DK's then you should bless, but if you don't know them then in most cases I wouldn't bless grave.

coza17.png

Depends on the place, how many prayer points I had left, what the person was like, etc. I probably would if I didn't need the pray for myself and they seemed to have lost valuable stuff.

I don't have 70 prayer so I repair most graves I see, only takes up a few points.

imagangster.png

I would actually repair it. All it takes is a few seconds, and I can just use a prayer pot afterwards, anyway.

It's common courtesy.

If you see him, and he dies, then don't repair his! :lol: An eye for an eye!

While members is obviously quite diferent from ftp then. It's much harder to die in ftp and people get all excited when some one does, it's almost like a competition to try and repair the grave before someone else gets to it. It's something that I rarely get to do and am always very happy to do. This really seems quite contradictary to what you might expect though, prayer is worth a lot more in ftp, it's harder to train and can only be restored by an altar or death, so most times once your out your out. I guess people just care about each other more in ftp. I always spare the time and 3 prayer points to save someone lots of trouble.

But no I wouldn't be "offended" if someone intentionly did not repair my grave. As humans we are always judging other people, and if that happened I would simply think less of that person.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

i repair graves if pray isn't needed, if it is, i try pm'ing the perosn and ask for a ppot to bless/repair, if its my friend or like team at gwd i repair (although if ppl wana bless before i get to it at gwd, go ahead :P )

also if its easy 2 recharge pray or w/e, like at ape atoll gorillas

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

thats like seeing someone get hit by a bus and not help them because its their fault.

LMFAO ur so right.

:thumbsup:

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

Yeah, i think repairing gravestones for people has just become the common thing to do, since they don't get stuff from your death anymore, they have nothing to gain from you dying so the selfish attribute is lessened.

I've always repaired gravestones for other people. It's a nice feeling to get to help someone from losing potentially alot of moneys worth and to just let them lose it is so cruel in my opinion.

I would have certainly been offended by someone like the person in your scenario. If they just didn't repair it so not to repair it then it is very harsh. If however, they had a reason not to such as being low on prayer points themself, then i'd be fine with it. But in your case, the guy was harsh.

It just goes to show, even when people have nothing to gain, you still can't trust some people to be nice.

Sorry about your stuff.

Cris_P_J_999.png

I repair grave stone for every 1 !!! but i think we should get some prayer xp 4 repairing the grave stone becoz it cost us 3 prayer point to repair it ::'

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

I repair grave stone for every 1 !!! but i think we should get some prayer xp 4 repairing the grave stone becoz it cost us 3 prayer point to repair it ::'

People would just die over and over in order to give their friends prayer exp. But yes, I always bless. I wouldn't be offended if they didn't but because of what he says I most certainly would have. :shame:

hopesolopatriot.jpg