Summoning too hard to level?

xlippsx

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to just collect every single charm I can from monster killing, I have no idea how much this will speed up my training when I start but hopefully it is a noticeable boost.

Also, is it the actual training that is slow or the fact the charms are hard to come by?

I think it is the charms...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

It does seem ridiculously slow atm.

Please remember, jagex compared this skill to prayer in multiple ways. It affects combat level the same. And it SHOULD level the same. Prayer is very slow exp and costly as well if you choose to speed things up by buying your bones. Summoning should obviously be the same way.

I hate people that just complain about not having lvl 50+ summoning after a few hours. i mean common people.

The diffrence with prayer is that you can choose to buy or get the bones yourself. The shards though you have to buy for 50 each

prospektssigza4.jpg

Please remember, jagex compared this skill to prayer in multiple ways. It affects combat level the same. And it SHOULD level the same. Prayer is very slow exp and costly as well if you choose to speed things up by buying your bones. Summoning should obviously be the same way.

I hate people that just complain about not having lvl 50+ summoning after a few hours. i mean common people.

At least with prayer you can train for free if you don't feel like spending large amounts of cash to level quickly.

Edit: Beaten to it

I agree with the dismay on having to purchase the shards. Nearly every skill is "free" to train. Construction was the obvious money drain for RS so we can't really call Summoning a new money drain (50 coins x a billion shards isn't as much as 99 construction (exaggeration)).

Just keep in mind that Jagex said that there would be another chunk given and THAT MEANS by the time the second chunk is available they would receive feedback and make necessary changes. So speak people! Speak and ye shall be heard by the almighty Jagex and your concerns will receive equal consideration! Ye and verily!

Levelling Prayer is a lot faster than summoning if you a Gilded Altar.

aglipoy.png

Complete letdown. I figured that we'd get experience equal to what damage our summons did to an NPC times a set amount (Hell, I would have even accepted "Damage x .5" to be acceptable), not this piece of garbage way Jagex has set up.

...And, yes, I'm a quitter. I'm leve 5 summoning and don't plan on gaining another level.

1. The only way to get xp seems to be making those pouches. How stupid is that? You get xp for grabbing materials and running to an obelisk. The actual summoning of monsters and using them seems to be gaining no xp AT ALL.

It's just extremely boring to train.

Complete letdown. I figured that we'd get experience equal to what damage our summons did to an NPC times a set amount (Hell, I would have even accepted "Damage x .5" to be acceptable), not this piece of garbage way Jagex has set up..

Agreed. I pictured the skill as summoning monsters during slayer assignments, teaming up on the enemy, and getting summoning and combat (not to mention slayer) exp. I figured that you might need summoning potions to keep the familiar for an extended period of time... but these limitations are ridiculous. The exp that you get for actually using summoned creatures is so ridiculously low as to be negligible, and you train the skill by gathering either rare or expensive materials and running in circles.

Why doesn't Jagex understand that we want to be able to train skills that aren't boring and repetitive? Farming was a step in the right direction, and Summoning could have been so much more and still been fairly difficult to train.

If one thing in the skill needs to be changed, it's the experience that you get for USING familiars. Everything else I could accept.

64 people are now over 30 summoning, which makes this skill not as hard to level as the topicÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s author suggests.

Look at summoning the same way as herby ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ you get the xp for actually making the pots/pouches ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ not for drinking the pots/using pouches ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ seems fair to me. The bonus of course is that the familiars at higher levels have some decent abilities that will help out in many aspects of day to day wandering :)

When I first posted this topic, I was level 7 summoning and was just angry at how much money it was costing...I figured, let's give it another shot, let's try some more. All I found was more dissapointment. Not only is this skill a complete money waster, there's only one, tedious way to train it! When I thought of summoning, I thought of owning creatures gotten as rare drops, to be used in battle and to get exp through killing other creatures. Instead, what i found was a running in circles money drainer that no matter how you look at it, requires the stupid 50gp crystals (and a heck of a lot of 'em). Dreadfoul, 400gp for 9.3exp? Common Jagex! At least let us gain exp through fighting at a more reasonable rate than .1 per cast of special. This skill is just a way to buy a higher combat level...don't belive me? Tell me which summoning creature is worth their cost for a one time use? The answer...none...

I got bored when i got to level 5 -.-

This is the slowest skill to level... i wanna see if it is worth getting high level before i start training it for real..

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

It's perfect.
You been smoking spirit weed boy?

This skill, methinks, is going to be considered worse than farming or hunter. Why? Farming has some decent rewards (spirit tree) and can be used for profit (herbs) and can be done while doing a TOTALLY different skill. Hunter may not have a lot of worthwhile rewards (excluding spotty/ier cape, chinchompas, and wieldable harpoons) but is easy to level and, dare I say?, even FUN to train. Summoning combines the timeconsumption of farming with the lack of rewards of hunter, with a double helping of the expense of construction.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

this means, as they have said, that this won't be an easy skill to level, like thieving/fletching and those skills... but won't be as expensive as construction, and still not the slowest of skills...

it seems all fine fore me, in other words :P

um due to the untradable REQUIRED items hich can only be obtained from monsters which drop max ive herd 4 at a time and that was kbd and also its more expnsive than construction as you need shards its 110m to get 99 on shards alone not to mention the other items you need for making the actualy summons most popl recon that boosts it to 250m (id say 200m but hey)

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

This will be a slow and expensive skill to level, and right now the rewards don't seem....to rewarding. But remember that these are only HALF of the total number of monsters that will be released. They are releasing many more in the coming month, so hopefully that will make better monsters with better specials.

The level 96 Summoning Yak's Special is that it takes 1 item in its inventory to a bank. Oh and that item is chosen randomly :?

*disclaimer* I suck at math's so I could quite well of gone horribly wrong trying to work this out, and it is kinda late so my brain is fried, so feel free to correct me if i've made mistakes, but please be gentle*

I finally understand why shards are so pricey (considering how many you need) and why charms are untradeable.

If you get blue charms, do not use them, keep a huge bulk if you can, you'll want to keep those handy for the later levels in summoning.

At Level 25 you can summon Spirit Kalphites (requiring Potato Cactus)

At 36, 46, 56, 66, 76 and 86 you can summon the various metal Minotaurs (at a cost of the specific bar of metal per pouch).

These creatures offer the most experience per pouch (albeit a large bulk of shards or costly resources are needed), if you had enough blue charms to last for an hour, having a trip from C/W to Taverly via Balloon service, each trip taking 4 mintues each and only making 20 pouches per trip you'd get this type of experience:

25 - 66k exp per hour (that's almost like getting a stat in the early 70's to level up per hour!)

36 - 95k exp per hour

46 - 121k exp per hour (at a cost of an iron bar for each pouch you are now getting more exp per hour than at Red Chinchompas, sadly it's not free)

56 - 147k exp per hour (steel bars)

66 - 174k exp per hour (mithril bars, now it's getting steep)

76 - 200k exp per hour (addy bars, pretty darn steep)

86 - 227k exp per hour (rune bars, stupid price, but atleast you only need ONE shard!!)

If you were stupidly rich and if charms were tradeable you could comfortably go storming through the levels of summoning thanks to the G.E.

I think im going to keep all my blue charms until I reach level 46 summoning, then I can get quite big chunks of experience for each little trip.

*disclaimer* I suck at math's so I could quite well of gone horribly wrong trying to work this out, and it is kinda late so my brain is fried, so feel free to correct me if i've made mistakes, but please be gentle*

Anyway, this is just to show people why Jagex have probably set the experience, prices and drop rates of all things related to summoning. Thinking about this has helped me to calm down and now im going to slay away collecting shards and look forward to training summoning decently possibly sometime next month.

Dark_Jab.png

I was really hoping this would bring me back to RS, but alas "pouchcrafting" is not going to get me to give Jagex my hard earned..

I was hoping it would be a summon skill, where you summon a creature then use that "pet" to help you level the skill, what is the point of having a skill that doesn't give you EXP when doing the actual Event.

They should have made it like other games, where you get yourself a pet and use that pet till you get to a certain level then get yourself a new one, then rinse and repeat.

I paid for members, got to level 5, bought 200 chickens from Canafis, relaised all I had to do was keep running back to oblisk using the chickens and shards, and running back, so logged out and won't be logging back in again.

I am leveling a hunter in wow at the moment, so might pop back into RS should they fix this mess lol

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png