Charm droppers

luker2d2

You guys are looking at it from the wrong side. Yes, you can't powertrain it. Or, let me say it like this, untill now, there isnt an obvious way to power train.

However, If you are planning to train slayer, or just melee, you will be getting a lot of pouches along the way. After your monster killing, then you can start getting quick summoning xp. You can't expect to get like 40k summoning xp an hour, and also getting 60k attack xp.

I think this will be some sort of passive skill, like slayer, but even more indirect. Go out with the intention to get combat xp up. In the mean time, summoning (like slayer) will come.

Nicely done by Jagex IMO. I hate powerlvling (like fletching, woodcutting, ...) which are way too repetitive.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just hope Jagex keeps it this slow and hard. ::'

I hope you forgot your sarcasm tags. Please :cry: .

Don't get me wrong, I mean Im all for a slow and hard skill.

This however is just TOO slow, runecrafting and slayer being a slow skill too, are rather good for moneymaking. Summoning however...

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

If you are planning to train slayer, or just melee, you will be getting a lot of pouches along the way. After your monster killing, then you can start getting quick summoning xp. You can't expect to get like 40k summoning xp an hour, and also getting 60k attack xp.

I think this will be some sort of passive skill, like slayer, but even more indirect. Go out with the intention to get combat xp up. In the mean time, summoning (like slayer) will come.

Nicely done by Jagex IMO. I hate powerlvling (like fletching, woodcutting, ...) which are way too repetitive.

Which is exactly what I'm going to do. I'm so close to lvl 99 slayer that I'm not going to stop training slayer just to start summoning. I'll be collecting charms as I train slayer then I'll be a bit ready for summoning once I hit 99 slayer.

aglipoy.png

However, If you are planning to train slayer, or just melee, you will be getting a lot of pouches along the way. After your monster killing, then you can start getting quick summoning xp.

From my last 4 slayertasks, 3 didnt gave charms at all..... pathetic.... :evil:

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

something about charms copied from runescape:

Where can I get Summoning charms?

There are hundreds of creatures around RuneScape that have charms, so it should be a simple matter of running to a good combat area and killing some monsters to get charms for your Summoning skills.

To get you started, here's a list of some creatures with a decent drop-rate for Summoning charms:

Fire giants

Ice giants

Ogres and jogres

Blue dragons

Those who enjoy Slayer might also like to try killing the following for some Summoning charms:

Basilisks

Bloodveld

Fighterman_X.png

it just takes commitment. Im sure someone will find a monster with a good drop rate.

Wolves are quite good

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Quick find code for the RS forums - 15-16-992-55383206

I want to love this skill, I really do, but I can't.

You raise the skill by making pouches...that's about it, yes, you can get exp using specials and such, but why waste the time when you only get 1 exp or even less than 1!!

Jagex should of made summoning drain exactly like prayer and also add along with it gaining experience for using the summon in combat or aiding you, that way you get experience for summoning rather than by being a good collector of charms and walking backwards and forwards all day, whilst the limitation of the draining will stop people gaining experience way too quickly and making the skill very easy to master.

It's hard, it's expensive, and that's ok, I can cope with that, but it's also a complete waste of time!

Slayer is long and hard, but it's worthwhile!

Runecrafting is long and hard, but that's worthwhile too!!

Summoning, you can finally have a pet dragon!!! Just gonna cost you over 200m and about 2 years of your life killing over 600k monsters, oh and then you gotta get the egg too.

I think i'll collect charms and not touch this skill until the next batch comes out, who knows it may become good then.

Dark_Jab.png

Giant Rock Crabs drop 10 per charm drop. If you can get that drop, i killed about 25 and for 2 gold charm drops (yes 20) which would make it better for you to gather charms quicker by other means.

edit: Limey beat me to it #-o #-o #-o

inoskedyou.png

ive killed bloods, infernals, nechs and abarrents since the update came out.

they all drop charms, some more than others:

bloodvelds = mostly green

nechs=mostly crimson

infernals=mostly gold

abarrents=no obvious majority drop

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

This is me, can't say where though...

467907359lol.png

Why post then if you aren't willing to help people with good spots LOL?

I'm at mith dragons atm, it's pretty decent.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

467907359lol.png

Why post then if you aren't willing to help people with good spots LOL?

I'm at mith dragons atm, it's pretty decent.

Is that some chaos tunnel ice giants/ice warriors :-k ?

467907359lol.png

Yeah why post, it just annoys everyone... Looking at the rune pick, prayer gear and cballs is it dark beasts? If it is you don't really have to worry about people knowing, aren't enough 90+ slayers to crowd the place.

Bit more on topic, I think I've found a good monster. I'm making a drop list and time measurments to see exactly how good they are. I'll update shortly.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|