Reccomend me a few PC games...

Futurama

Looking for any kind of action/adventure/rpg games. Shooters are good! I am playing through the orange box at the moment, but the gameplay is far too linear to enjoy...

I want something on a bit of a puzzle tip, where everything's not set out for you step by step, have to use your brain a bit etc, more than one way of doing things. I like games with missions a lot, and games with a huge storyline (ffx for example - though that was a bit boring.) Saying that though, full on shoot 'em ups are good too ;)

Any recommendations would be great (especially if they're cheap on play.com) I'm going to be borrowing God of War 1 + 2 off a mate in a few days as I saw the gameplay today and it looks awesome!

logo.jpg

If you don't mind playing games that are a bit older, I'd say Deus Ex 1 and 2 and System Shock 1 and 2 match your descriptions pretty closely.

Morrowind.

The most non-linear rpg ever. no question.

also my favourite rpg ever. I still havent fully explored it.. then theres the 2 expansions, then theres the modding possibilities!

in the same kind of vein Oblivion - better graphics, less of just about everything else (imo)

Tk5SF.png

• 4 months later...
Morrowind.

also my favourite rpg ever. I still havent fully explored it.. then theres the 2 expansions, then theres the modding possibilities!

in the same kind of vein Oblivion - better graphics, less of just about everything else (imo)

Agreed, for shooters, you could always pick up Counter Strike 1.6 or Source, DODS (Day of defeat Source) is also a good shooter (WWII Shooter, it's like Counter strike source).

igsig.png

Theres a couple that match your description -

Mass effect (RPG + TPS Combined)

Portal (From the orange box)

Full on shooters -

CoD4 (Campaign is pretty short but multiplayer makes up for it :) )

TF2 (Only online, Good fanbase, not so many elitist pre-teens screaming down the mic)

Cant think of anything else at the moment (The only RPGs I play are MMO)

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Morrowind.

aww i was gonna suggest Oblivion, well i never played morrowind but i hear its pretty good, if you like first-person views of swordfighting, bow shooting, and magic casting, then this is the game for you, theres a bit of puzzle solving during quests, theres a pretty good main storyline and a few million sidequests, and year theres a lot of mods, this will take you a very long time to finish

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

Just as a note this was posted in January. Most likely the poster has found a new game an moved on. ;)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Guild Wars is the best RPG I've ever played, but you may have missed the boat on that one.

It's a bit older, but I'd highly recommend Diablo 2 (with the expansion pack). You'll pick it up for buttons and there's maybe 100+ hours of enjoyable game play to take from it.

Harrington.gif

Hehe, for action games, try N. Honestly - it's a flash game, but there are HUNDREDS of hours of enjoyable gameplay in it - although sometimes there's a lot of screaming at your computer too. The link right there is just the online version - here is the full version up for download. And the best thing about it - it's completely freeware, and there's an expansion you can download that gives you an extra 100 episodes (at 5 levels per episode). If you want addictive, fun games, that's your game.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Any from the Call of Duty series pwns the crap out of CS/CSS....

It's a matter of taste, I like the "urban" feel of CS/CSS.

It also depends on whether you prefer an steep or not-so-steep learning curve. COD4 is mostly mental as shooting is very easy in that game due to low health and heavy auto-aim. It's all about out-smarting your opponents. CS on the other hand has a difficult aiming system to master, and so you'll get shat on until you manage to get your shot down.

jjroxlu7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Rome Total war, its fun, but its turn by turn, so it may get annoying after the senate doesn't give you fun tasks :oops:

asisde from that i'm thinking of games that are old but are fun for me...

Well if you like a challenging shooting game, I suggest...

Game is Touhou 8: Imperishable Night. There are others in the series, and if you do decide to play, I suggest starting with Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, since in my opinion its much easier.

Touhou games are originally Japanese, but some come with English patches.

Well if you like a challenging shooting game, I suggest...

Game is Touhou 8: Imperishable Night. There are others in the series, and if you do decide to play, I suggest starting with Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom, since in my opinion its much easier.

Touhou games are originally Japanese, but some come with English patches.

Holy mother of christ those were some pretty awesome shapes :shock:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Definitely Mass Effect. I played through that a while ago, it's a great game.

Mass effect combines shooting elements and classic roleplaying. The sci-fi storyline is brilliant and the open-world aspect is a lot of fun. This sounds like the kind of game your looking for.

Trailer:

W4qPEZVOcwk

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."