Hidden Puffin?

child_sycopath

Well i just read the new development diary. I spotted somthing in one of the pictures that kinda supprised me and made me laugh. Its a little, I think puffin in the top right, Near the shore. I think JaGEx are advertising Puffin Books (a Publishing company) o.o

Picture O.o

Anyone else spot it or am i going crazy?

znn02a.jpg

ubd6755ku8.png

Just came to me Tbh, I saw it there and thought of a book that i read as a child. Good times. Maybe its a new creature?

Because from what i recall no bird looks like that so far O.o

Well, for all we know, that could just be part of the graphical update itself with the new bird being there simply to make it more realistic like they did with seagulls all those months (years?) ago. Either that, or it's just an upgrade to an existing bird that nobody pays attention to.

I highly doubt they'd get much money for something that small and insignificant, anyways. Not to mention the fact that you had to remember that company's name on your own. Not a very good way to advertise if it did happen to be an advertisement.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Those aren't new, they've been there at least since I did that quest which was some time ago.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Haha, yes, I noticed that too. I guess they're adding puffins to the game, but that doesn't mean they're advertising puffin books :?

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

puffins always have been around the coast of harmony island

Not the caption for that picture in the diary even tells you its on harmony's coast.

Also your logical dumfounds me! A company named itself after a common seabird. Jagex uses a common sea bird near the sea. How does that in any way link the two?

Thats like saying theres banks in runescape OMG JAGEX ARE ADVERTISING BANKS!?!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Puffins have always been on Harmony Island.

This puffin is not new therefore it is not Hidden.

It is then not a "Hidden Puffin."

Therefore this topic is now moot.

/topic

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

LMAO, they don't adevertise books you idiot.

How the hell would you know? For all we know, they just could be.

Indeed... :roll:

9780439877725_xlg.jpg

http://store.scholastic.com/webapp/wcs/ ... 0052_10051

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yep, always been there. Puffins are just normal seabirds, I remember doing the Barrelchest quest and noticing the puffins on the island and thinking how cool it was that there were puffins on the island.... because I'm easily amused like that.

Along the coast road, by the headland

The early lights of winter glow.

Ill pour a cup to you my darling.

Raise it up --- say cheerio.

I hesitate to perpetuate this thread, but I just wanted to point out the poor business decision it would be for a video game company to advertise or otherwise encourage people to go read.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)