[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite a bit. The maximum I have to record with is about 70 gigs, and thats with FRAPS, which doesn't compress the files.

I had a thread a while back asking why my hardrive was so full, and when I found the FRAPS folder I had used a long time ago I realized it had like 300 GB worth of video on it.

Gah, point is, 900GB of free space is alot.

To get the topic back on track, does the Targe have any use without the Eyelander?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

It's quite a bit. The maximum I have to record with is about 70 gigs, and thats with FRAPS, which doesn't compress the files.

I had a thread a while back asking why my hardrive was so full, and when I found the FRAPS folder I had used a long time ago I realized it had like 300 GB worth of video on it.

Gah, point is, 900GB of free space is alot.

To get the topic back on track, does the Targe have any use without the Eyelander?

I'd say so - good for getting out of bad situations and rushing with grenade launcher. It's best use is definitely the eyelander though.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Anyone else having issues getting demoman items?

Every time I play a class for 30 to 60 minutes I get an item, but I've played demo (pretty well if I do say so) for about 6 to 7 hours in the last few days alone and only have one of those shields (which suck when used alone).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Every time I play a class for 30 to 60 minutes I get an item, but I've played demo (pretty well if I do say so) for about 6 to 7 hours in the last few days alone and only have one of those shields (which suck when used alone).

Achievements are much easier.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Achievements are much easier.

The trouble with achievements is you either have to farm them (on a achievement server or by playing stupidly) or get extremely lucky.

I'm about 200/300 on total achievements and thats playing this game from day 1.

Just a bit odd I keep getting more items with other classes 'tis all

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I got 2 camera beards. <_<

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I got 2 camera beards. <_<

I have 3 of them and I still want to get refunded for the one I got when it was a hat. <_<

What is it considered now?

On the subject of the Targe: Unless they debuffed it, you get a whole lot of protection from explosions and flames. Pretty much the only way a pyro can take you down is with either the shotgun, which can be avoided by moving away and firing the grenade launcher, or by axetinguisher (or normal axe, but who uses that?) which is avoided just as easily.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Does it give you the buff even if you're not charging? If not, I would think the pyro could just airblast your charge, then light you up.

The damage reductions are passive, so they're always in effect.

Also, the camera beard is considered a misc item now, so it has the same drop rate as a normal weapon. I think it's a glitch, but seeing as it hasn't been fixed yet maybe it isn't. I got two, i kept one and crafted the other into scrap metal lol.

soldersig.jpg

Targe is only good if you never use stickies. I tried a few rounds with it and it makes it near impossible to play tactically.

The bonuses (excluding 100% crit on charge) are active all the time.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Targe is only good if you never use stickies. I tried a few rounds with it and it makes it near impossible to play tactically.

The bonuses (excluding 100% crit on charge) are active all the time.

Which is why I think it's a horrible item. I would never give up my stickies. <3:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Also, the camera beard is considered a misc item now, so it has the same drop rate as a normal weapon. I think it's a glitch, but seeing as it hasn't been fixed yet maybe it isn't. I got two, i kept one and crafted the other into scrap metal lol.

When I tried crafting mine it just removed it from my inventory. Fail.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Is there a certain... uuh... order you get items? Or are they all random? Because I've gotten the Scottish Resistance and Axetinguisher so far and it seems like everyone is talking about it/using it alot. And, if you use a class (say a sniper) for a loooong time without using anything else, will you get only sniper items? Or other classes' items?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Is there a certain... uuh... order you get items? Or are they all random? Because I've gotten the Scottish Resistance and Axetinguisher so far and it seems like everyone is talking about it/using it alot. And, if you use a class (say a sniper) for a loooong time without using anything else, will you get only sniper items? Or other classes' items?

Random.

And no, you can any item at any time. If you want to unlock them faster, do achievements.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Random.

And no, you can any item at any time. If you want to unlock them faster, do achievements.

So certain achievements = certain items? Or lessens the time until your next item drop?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Random.

So certain achievements = certain items? Or lessens the time until your next item drop?

Achievements have nothing to do with random drops.

If you earn like 8 (not the actual number) of the Pyro achievements you will get the first Pyro weapon.

After you get 13 Pyro acievements (again not the exact number) you will get the second Pyro weapon.

Ect. for all weapons (no hats) and classes that have been updated.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Random.

If you earn like 8 (not the actual number) of the Pyro achievements you will get the first Pyro weapon.

After you get 13 Pyro acievements (again not the exact number) you will get the second Pyro weapon.

5 Achievements for first item, 11 for second and 19 I think for last item.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Random.

5 Achievements for first item, 11 for second and 19 I think for last item.

Depends on the class, I think. The third milestone isn't completing all the other achievements (for that class), by the way. (I thought someone said it, but I'll say it again - it's the milestone achievements that "unlock" weapons. Either go to the Achievements tab in game, or find it through your profile, and you should see how many you need and the achievements you can get to reach them.)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Direct Hit or Rocket Lawn-chair? I've had some success in different situations with both, but I have no idea.

If you can aim, use the Direct Hit. I really see no reason why you shouldn't unless you can't hit the target directly.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Direct Hit or Rocket Lawn-chair? I've had some success in different situations with both, but I have no idea.

If you can aim, use the Direct Hit. I really see no reason why you shouldn't unless you can't hit the target directly.

The Rocket Launcher is a lot better if you use the buff banner, seeing as you can build easy rage just firing into groups of people.

soldersig.jpg

The Rocket Launcher is a lot better if you use the buff banner, seeing as you can build easy rage just firing into groups of people.

Yeah but the DH...it just...just...well rapes.

jjroxlu7.jpg