Clue Scrolls, still worthwhile doing?

mchainmail

Since the update? Are you sure? Because I've done around 50-60 level 3s since then.

Yep, I've done around 20-30 clues since the update. 2 or 3 of them were 5 steps.

Ah, maybe I miscounted some then. But still, the average clue length is two steps more than before, and the reward, instead of averaging around 60-80k+ it's more like 25-40k.

Clues are terrible for money making now, but still worth doing, as a simple dunk in the Oo'Glog pools gives you infinite run for the duration of the clue, if you're fast enough. And there's a chance to get 3rd age etc. Before, the biggest reward was a Robin.

Well... now I'm kind of melding both the recent Trail updates. :P I made my first 10m off level 3s when I was a wee little level 60 hallying/cannoning hell hounds, so that's sort of my default idea of clues, as outdated as it is. When 3rd age came out, clues' length and reward stayed the same. When the last update came out, clues are... crap. But I'd still do the ones I get from slayer/boss hunting.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not had a single clue more than 6 parts since the "update" (No clue what update you're talking about - but I assume the one that added Top Hats etc.) And I've done 50+

Any proof of your claims? You're the first person I've heard say this.

And yes, each step of the clue adds a reward.

On the whole, level 3 clues -for all the hassle they take to do sometimes- are worth doing.

During the course of my slaying, I'll end up with at least a clue every 2 tasks. This leads me to do a lot of clues, some good, some bad.

Sometimes they do get rather frustrating, but perseverance pays off and in the end you get something mildly acceptable.

Personally I've hit a minor lucky streak with slayer drops and clues at the moment, so I might be slightly biased.

See me in a few weeks after dozens of rune pickaxes and mahogany benches and I might've changed my tune.

For now though, I'll defend the status of the clue scroll as a training break and a slight money maker.

clbyt.png

I'll get it one day, really.

Maxed QP | 122+ Combat | 1877+ Total

I only do level 3 clues, and for some reason they'r quite a rare drop to me. The ones I do get turn to be low / medium rewards, best so far was rune legs and kite in one clue (normal rune that is).

I still do them thou, after I finish my task, because you never know \'

There definately worth doing, but if anybody doesen't want to do them its their loss.

Personally, i've made at least 3m just from non-treasure trail only items (rune, bows and that)

Thats not counting t trail iems, over an average rs career youl get quite a bit from them.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

My first level 3 clue came after the update. My reward? A fire battlestaff, 27 deaths, and a rune longsword. In that same clue, I had the puzzle three times in a row. All of them were of the troll...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Well, I've done 14 lvl 3 clues in a row without any TT item so far (except F-lighters and Sweets). I'm not to bothered about it but Construction items have ruined lvl 3's now. When they first came out it was good but now (btw i've had 6 op tables in those 14) such as op tables are <30k and don't sell (have 3 in ge min price for over a week).

I'll keep doing them just for the chance, but they don't usually reward me for 15mins of wasted slaying. I think they need to remove con items from the main rewards, there just not worth jack any more. Not to mention clues now usually take longer than before because of all those new puzzle boxes and there is less chance to get an item.

Well that's my opinion on the matter.

Edit: make that 15 clues.... :wall:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

I have done lots of clue scrolls mainly level 2 and 3 now and probably the majority level 3 and you should see the rewards I have had, I reckon the wombles have had better stuff than me and they go round collecting the rubbish other folks leave behind. But still I carry on with blind optimism that one day the clue will be a 6 number lottery winning one :thumbsup:

Plus they are a nice way to take a break from training.

ged_deschain.png

They are still worth doing in my opinion. Though all of my clues haven't been worth more than 300k max I still do them. Still good making 300k in 30 mins.

My last clue was 20k max though. Black chaps, rune c-bow and 2 rune daggers are just rubbish :P

But to conclude I still think they are worth doing.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

I have still been doing clues...

I probly will be doing clues for qutie awhile cause evern tho the good rewards are rare i find clue scrolls fun and if i do get something good that's just a bonus :D

It is harder to do clues now with revs luckily i haven't died form any yet and I'm not planning to do it either :wall: :wall: :wall:

Robman497.gif

Robman497.png

My first level 3 clue came after the update. My reward? A fire battlestaff, 27 deaths, and a rune longsword. In that same clue, I had the puzzle three times in a row. All of them were of the troll...

You can't get Deaths or Fire battlestaves from level 3 clues =D>

I do them because I can knock them out in about 10-15 minutes flat. I use the infinite run pool at Oo'glog, Barrows/Whip/DFS for Revenants and Sara Wizards with Salve Ammy for Revenants. I have done so many clues over time, that I've memorized most level 3s. I use Tip.It's treasure trail help for coordinates, puzzle boxes, and clues I don't have memorized.

And I'm on Lunar, meaning I have access to every teleport in the game via spellbook swap or my regular Lunar teles. If I have a clue at say, the far northwestern corner of the Wildy, I simply hit tele Ice Plateau as opposed to tele Ardy, use lever, then run the rest of the way. I once did a clue so fast, that my infinite run didn't wear off until about 13 minutes into my next slayer task.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I do level 1's but that's about it. I really can't be bothered with lvl 3's running all over doing those stupid puzzles.

i always do clues, cause the question what if always haunts me if i dont do it :ohnoes: , i mean there is always a chance of u getting 3rd ages and etc. i know it will probably never happen but u never know :pray: i mean i dont hunt for clues i just do the ones that i happen to get.

bedce0cd19.png

1 month ago I quitted doing clues. For the first time in about 4(?) years I really grew tired of running around for another puzzle resulting in some firelighters and a rune axe...

Not sure if this has been said before but there is an easy solution to the everlasting decline of treasuretrail rewards:

Jagex should decrease the droprate of clues with at least 50%, maybe even more.. Only then tt rewards can gain value again..

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

I used to do all my clues, but when you get serious about slaying, it's really hard to keep up with doing all your clues. Slayer earns you so little experience/hour as it is, without running all over RS every task.

So I switched to one clue/day, which quickly became one clue/week. My last clue has been in my bank from before the update. Just can't be bothered. I keep telling myself that I'll revisit clues once I have 99 slayer and slay just for the rewards.

Most of the time when I get a lvl 3 clue as a drop, its usually when Im busy fighting, and when Im done I usually put the clue in my bank and forget about it.

But the main reason I do clues is to take a break from the regular activites and the chance of striking rich. Best reward I got, unfortunately was either a Gilded Skirt/ Zammy Kite.

I need help, how do you guys "enjoy" doing clue scrolls? For me its just off to the Grand Exchange whenever items are required and Uri's Emotes are just annoying.

Ps. The sliding puzzle is annoying to me as I have a bad comp and occasionally disconnect :x

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

The first batch of "great" new rewards was annoying enough for me in that it made some of the better rewards rarer, but the 3rd age update that brought with it Uri's was the final nail in the coffin for me. I don't even pick them up anymore. I just can't be bothered to store all of that rubbish in my bank or buy it off the GE every freaking time I get him. Which is often. This new update with the rubbish con rewards was just beating a dead horse. And to think I actually thought that when they said "construction gear" they meant something... I don't know, USEFUL?!