Clue Scrolls, still worthwhile doing?

mchainmail

[hide=Quote]

Make clues slightly longer. I'd like them to be 10-20 steps instead of the current 5-8. This will make clues "more fun to do" and an actual activity instead of a short side project.

Make good items from clues more common. Since clue scrolls are now 10x as rare, you should definitely be getting a bucket helm, painted shield or some other low-value goody every 1-2 clues. And good items like Pirate Hats, Top Hats, Gilded Armor, God Armor, etc. should be more like 1 in 5 clues. 3a should be kept rare, probably 1 in 1k+ still.

A clue of 20 steps? That would take you almost an hour to complete it. Doing 4-6 (because those are the minimum and maximum steps in level 3 clues, not 5-8) steps in about 15-20 minutes and a chance of getting something great is far more appealing to me.

Top Hats, Gilded and God Armor 1 in 5? Third Age 1 in 1000? The market would just overflow with these kind of items, which means they will lower in price, making clue not as worthwhile as they are now.

I'd rather be surprised to see I get a decent/good reward then knowing, oh it's my fifth clue, I should get a Top Hat or Saradomin Plate.

Think please.

[[/hide]

I'm pretty sure he thought it out, when posting.

The length is just how he intends it to be. Long enough, so it isnt just a side project. But of course then there needs to be better rewards. The market gets protected by overflow by making the clues rarer drops. Makes sense to me.

And you know how luck works. Its not because the chance is 1 in 5, you get something every 5.

Maybe YOU should think before you post.

Yes I know how luck works, I'm just pointing out that getting a rare reward is alot more surprising knowing they are rare, then knowing they are 'common' rewards from clues, even when clues are rarer drops.

And you're right about the market protection, but I still think prices will drop just because of the amout of clues being done. Now clue are being done alot too, but with more bad rewards then good rewards the reward itself is more rare then the clue. With clue as a rare drop, and good rewards more common alot more good rewards will enter the game, making them worth less. Or am I just too blind to see?

The Ultimate Green Dragon Guide

Don't hate me, just let me ride.

Lord, just give me life.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i've dumped all the stuff needed to do clues (watch, sextant, chart) and I keep a clue in my bank so I never get them as drops anymore.

I'm not exactly the lucky guy when it comes to clues either, my best item was zammy kite (when it was worth 1M) and that was from my first clue ever. I probably did 250 more to find nothing but the usual odd bit of rune and god page here and there. I'd probably never get any 3rd age or TT masks/top hats/canes etc. so i've given up on clues forever.

2vuhgcn.png

you know since the update proper rewards are rarer

thats why the price of rune items like axes and c bows are going down :wall:

and as for those gilded benches #-o lets just say my house looks pretty

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Clue scrolls are a good break in between slayer and stuf or else, I'd be dead bored whacking monsters task after task. I used to get lots of good stuff back before the ge but now, eh best Ive gotten is like nothing? o_o I still do them anyways.

I do them all because no matter how unlucky it can turn out, it is a good use of time. I know just about every lvl 3 clue by heart excluding coordinates, so I get them done in about 10 minutes, and my average reward is around 125k. Maybe it's just that I have gotten ranger boots before, so I know it is possible. ;)

Thankyou for saying what I wanted do say, but didnt manage to find the words for :) When you know the clues by heart, *or* when you are smart enough to use a fan site like tip.it to solve them, they are quickly solved and by no means a waste of time. Personally I know the level 1 and 3 by heart (erm, when memory doesnt fail due to old age), and with time I also learned to solve puzzles quickly. I do however *always* look at tip site when doing puzzle to make sure I dont mix 2 pieces up, been there, done that way more times than I want to remember....

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

I still do EVERY clue I get, unless I physically can't. Just got a black platebody (g) from a level 1 clue from MTK. Sold for 194k :thumbsup:.

And also, thinking of my friends reactions if I told them I got a 3rd age plate just keeps me going.

~Boo

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

clueff7.png

080608131911of2.png

awesomeclue083741ey8.png

080619001847zn6.png

080622163338ix6.png

a7eo0.png

080626034309di9.png

080628065634yy2.png

yes they are still worthwhile doing...

[/topic]

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

wow, pirate felix, those reward are insane. Makes me want to do them again, perhaps. It's just, those rewards are soooo rare...

I think you are insanely lucky.

they arent mine c: btw zybez got a guy getting 2 3a kites

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

i do them even less now.... since im on my 7th 50k- clue in a row.

did a clue yesterday, 5 steps, 2 puzzles, 1 co-ord....

reward was....

2 rune picks and 45 lobs!!!! hurrah!!!! :thumbdown:

for me, the top hat update murdered clues, and dont say anything about bigger reward pools, i barely ever get crossbows, bolts, nails and furniture.

2Xeo5.png

pirate,

how many dud clues were there in between? Noone posts the simple 2 rune crossbow clues, because noone cares. But if hundreds of those are interspersed between all of the high-value clues, then the high-value clues really aren't worth doing. If we say one of those clues is 1 in 100 (rare, i know) and each clue takes half an hour, and the average reward of your clues is 10 mill, then if you make more than 200k an hour, then the clue is a waste of time.

nh.jpg

I think it is. Gives you a break from slaying and who know, could pick up some good money as well.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

i've never done a clue before until two days ago when I did my first level 3 clue and the reward was awful. I then did a level 2 clue today which was even worse. I vowed to never do anything other than level 3 for the chance of some 3rd age. :mrgreen:

honestly, if you are doing slayer and get clues you have to think about what the monster is and how often they drop clues for example if i am doing abberant spectres i'd probly keep the clue till the end of the task

but something like hellhounds if i have more then 50 left i'd do the clue, and they give me a break from the task and the don't usually take me more then 20-30 mins to complete, so why not?

I think they are worth doing, i hovever only refer to lvl 3 clues as i havnt got any other clue for a very long time, when i get a clue I continue killing the slayermonsters that droped it untill i would for some reason have to bank, then i do it :mrgreen:

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

pmgclue.png

lvl 2s are also still worth doing, you my friend will curse this thread if one of your friends get a good item from a clue.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...

A clue of 20 steps? That would take you almost an hour to complete it. Doing 4-6 (because those are the minimum and maximum steps in level 3 clues, not 5-8) steps in about 15-20 minutes and a chance of getting something great is far more appealing to me.

I'm on the 7th step of my lvl 3 clue, so I'm getting a kick out of your replies.

/fark transplant

Edit: I got a whopping 13 runite bolts, 24 lobster, and a rune full helmet from this one. I'm really tempted to stop doing them.

I don't get why this thread is still up...

Players who do clues alot, learns to do them fast and effective. So they don't waste much time, and gets good and bad rewards...

YES they are worth it.

the first time i got a clue scroll it stayed in my bank for months, the only reason i did it was that i discovered tip.it :thumbsup:

last lvl 1 clu i did i got 2 bronze daggers, but last lvl 3 clue i did i got sara d'hide body(about 800k).

ive made millions off of clues. i have a bank tab for clues, i have no more quest items in my bank(woot quest cape) so i have a lil xtra room for a full set of blue d'hide, addy 2hand, and all the other stuff fools run to the ge for in the middle of a clue scroll. i dont celebrate everytime i get a clue, but im happy when i get done with a clue and the ge says i have an xtra 945k.

it takes me about 10 min for a lvl 3, 5 min for a lvl 1(ty kindom of misc.), and i usally only get good drops over 80k every 3-4 clues.

so to me, yes clue scrolls are worth doing, even if i never get some obsolete 3rd age junk, ive still made tens of millions

mmmorgan.png

Mmmorgan.png

I leveled up on killing guards from 40 atk/str/def until 70 atk/str/def, and I did every level 2 clue scroll that I got immediately after getting it. I never got a really rare drop but the occasional adamant armor (g) or god book page made me a bit of cash. Also, the week or two after bowlers were released I made a ton of cash getting 2 different bowler hats a couple of clues apart. That was all before Uri clues though. I hate getting Uri clues, and after getting at least one each clue, I decided to stop doing them. I might still do the occasional level 3 clue with the hope of getting something worth 1+ mil but I definitely won't do one every time I get one or even at the end of the task.

What I'm really hoping to get is a champion challenge scroll. I can't wait to get my first :thumbsup: .

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Generally they're a waste of time. But once in a while you'll be glad you did it. At this point, I don't do any clue except lvl 3's. I don't enjoy wasting a bunch of laws to get some terrible little reward from a lvl 1 or 2 that doesn't even pay for the runes wasted. At least lvl 3's will pay for runes and a little extra.