Cheap price of willow logs.

Seabourch

I've been chopping willows the past few days to train woodcutting and I've got aabout 1.3k logs. I thought I could get about 50k from it( at least) until I checked GE prices. 18gp for one log. How is it that a tree that requires lvl 30 woodcutting has logs worth less than a normal log. Why is the demand for willows so low. Could someone explain this to me?

It's because the supply of willow logs exceeds the demand for them. There's little use in willows nowdays too. Firemakers use mostly maples, fletchers only use them until they can fletch maple bows... so the market isn't good for willows. Plus I bet over half the willows still in circulation now were cut by autoers before the RWT updates, so that only adds to the excessive amount of willow logs in game.

dontfearthereaper2.png

I've been chopping willows the past few days to train woodcutting

Yeah, and how many other people do you think do the exact same thing? Willows are the fastest woodcutting exp in the game- you aren't the only one chopping them.

Add to this the fact that maples are much much more efficient for training firemaking and fletching, and also flood the market due to Kingdom of Miscellania users, and you have an extremely undesirable item in great supply.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

1. Easiest log to get and fastest xp/h ratio make it a good choice for those who train woodcutting. This causes a major oversupply of these goods.

2. It has less uses than reasons to get. Managing thy kingdom produces enough maples for those who train firemaking, thus making willows more or less useless for that. For fletching, there are better bows which can be sold or high alched for almost zero loss. This causes a lower demand.

3. Normal logs are harder to cut than willows and they are far slower xp/h. However they aren't worth as much as yews for example due their a bit lesser uses and less expensive ending productions. This means they can be higher in price than willows. Why would anyone with the ability to cut yews for example cut normal logs as yews are faster and more profitable, willows are faster and both are easier to cut due the logic of only getting one log per tree on normals.

4. Normal logs are basically only used to make arrow shafts. Certain fletchers prefer doing it this way instead of buying the shafts and thus increase the demand. Add this to the lower supply and no real competitors and you get the reason for higher price.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

2 corrections I'd like to make.

1. Willows are not the fastest woodcutting exp; they are the second-fastest. The fastest is powercutting teaks.

2. Normal logs are also commonly used in the balloon transport system...not just for arrowshafts.

1. Willows are not the fastest woodcutting exp; they are the second-fastest. The fastest is powercutting teaks.

When I was into wcin, I found willows faster on the longterm training due not having the need to drop them one by one. With dropping and keeping the speed they were a bit faster.

2. Normal logs are also commonly used in the balloon transport system...not just for arrowshafts.

I don't believe most of the logs go for this though. Of course ther are few people who are forced to do normal bows and burn them for fm xp due their lower levels, but that's not where majority of the logs go. I personally don't believe that way of transportation takes a big percential amount of all sold normal logs.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

When I was into wcin, I found willows faster on the longterm training due not having the need to drop them one by one. With dropping and keeping the speed they were a bit faster.

My thoughts exactly, unless there are teak trees near a bank somewhere?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

My thoughts exactly, unless there are teak trees near a bank somewhere?

no.

I think its just a result of supply vs demand. It took me 2 months to sell 100k willow logs at minimum price. :?

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Wait 8-12 months and they will go back up to 25-30gp.

There will be even more supply, unless everyone in PVP decides to go after 99 FM.

There's so many willows because people chopped them for 99 wcing, and then the influx of autoed-willows is still around but it's decreasing.

Willows are no longer the fastest to train on, so there isn't going to be that huge input from general woodcutters. I'm also assuming that autoers aren't coming back either.

The demand is going to rise back up.

why sell?

Just burn for free xp

If you have high(ish) firemake level (70+), and use willows to 99 wc, you get enough logs normally to get 99 fm...problem solved \'

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

im 99 Wc, Trained it on willows and got 118K Willows. So if everyone does this, millions of willows are in circulation. = Price drop.

Except for p2p users they aren't going to be using willows, willows aren't the fastest, and when the vast majority learn this in the 8-12 months I've said, they are going to switch.

Last time I checked, willows were practically impossible to sell.

Normal logs sold quite well, Oaks were pretty slack too (not like the construction boom), and of course, Yews are the best selling log in F2P, though prone to price cycling disruptions.

Wait 8-12 months and they will go back up to 25-30gp.

I'd love to know where you had a spontaneous thought where Willow logs jump up 60% in a year - only a great demand would cause such a dramatic price increase.

There's so many willows because people chopped them for 99 wcing, and then the influx of autoed-willows is still around but it's decreasing.

Willows are no longer the fastest to train on, so there isn't going to be that huge input from general woodcutters. I'm also assuming that autoers aren't coming back either.

The demand is going to rise back up.

Practically every bot who trained to get to 60 woodcutting for yews USED Willows to level up on. You need to cut approximately 3.8k willows from level 30 to get to level 60. Multiply that by the number of woodcutting RWT'ers there were and you have a vast number. That's just considering the RWT'ers. What about the people who normally train woodcutting? There are so many of them in F2P, you'll never see a Willow tree empty (yes, even the single on in Edgeville is seldom seen empty) Willows are indeed the fastest to train on in F2P, and in P2P even that question is debatable. As Hohto said, Teaks are faster, but are nowhere near a bank - so Willows in my opinion still stand as predominantly the greatest xp/hour rate in both F2P and P2P. Keep in mind that the majority of P2P players don't even bother training woodcutting - and those who do are seen spotted in the Barbarian Outpost location, utilizing the Deposit box, which makes woodcutting that little much easier. I don't know where you're pulling out from that the demand for Willows are going to raise but as it stands, the only main purpose for Willow logs is to burn them for exp. Even that, it's considered obsolete as Maple logs are the way to go today, being cheap and offering a big exp difference from Willow logs. I see no demand in Willow logs and cannot see the supply diminishing in the near future. No one buys Willows, everyone sells it - it's how it is.

Except for p2p users they aren't going to be using willows, willows aren't the fastest, and when the vast majority learn this in the 8-12 months I've said, they are going to switch.

As explained above, Willows are still considered the top grossing xp/hour rates in both F2P and P2P, teaks have obvious flaws which include that you either have to drop them or burn them. I find that the xp/hour rates at the Barbarian Outpost Willows still dominates any teak cutting.

However, I'd like to know besides those outlined points you've given as why you are so confident that Willows, a now obsolete item is going to given so much priority and shoot up 60% in its price when really periodically their price has just been going lower and lower, never up.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

why sell?

Just burn for free xp

If you have high(ish) firemake level (70+), and use willows to 99 wc, you get enough logs normally to get 99 fm...problem solved \'

Sure, the fm exp is gonna be free but if you start at 70 fm-99 and use willows, you'll need to burn 136k but with maples, you'll need 91k. Think of how much more clicking you'll need if you use willows!