New runescape.com! = RS HD BETA

Toad

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right as I go into fullscreen ffs... it DC's and I'm like "wtf, my internet is perfect", and it goes to the loading screen and freezes on "Loading, Please Wait (0%) so I'm stuck there. I force quitted it, but it's a pain because you can't see the task manager (fullscreen ends up over it).

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png

Has anyone played Knight Online before? These new graphics really remind me of that game, which I havn't played in like 2 or 3 years :P

Anyway, that's pretty damn sexy. Shame that I'm f2p for the time being so I'll need to wait for my PS1 graphics :(

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

Runescape will be slower today, because there will be a lot of people all trying to get on at the same time. The servers will be offline most probably for maintenance - servers and jagex are working hard. Be patient.

When I heard of the new RS HD, I was a bit sceptical about it. Having tried it out, I can safely say - that I don't like it. It's too laggy, even with the settings turned down.

While I appreciate the effort Jagex have put into this update, I can't help but feel they are trying to compete with the other MMORPGS, like World of Warcraft and Guild Wars..

As a World of Warcraft player, I always heard my fellow players bashing RuneScape - especially the graphics. If you ask me, Jagex are hoping this update will bring more players to RuneScape - players who otherwise would have steered clear. Before, they would have looked at the graphics and thought "Oh, these graphics seem a bit too cartoon-ish.", and left. Now, Jagex are hoping they will think "Oh, perhaps I was a bit too hasty - I'll give it a shot." and then, after a while, "Wow, this is great! Its just like World of Warcraft!"

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that this update, while good, will not have the effect that, I think, Jagex wants it to have.

Either that, or they just want the people who do play to have a good experience - after all, it's not only WoW players who bashed the graphics - RS players did it as well...

Now, these are just my opinions - so don't flame me for it.

Retired from RuneScape as of November 10th 2007.

orc_male120x.gif

This is what I am doing now. | My Website | My RuneScape Programs

its pretty good. had a lot of distortion of all the buttons right at the beginning but that went away

some problems with the fog effect, i was in smoke dungeon and there was just a little box of fog in the middle of the screen lol.

its got great potential though, i think once they do all the bug fixing it will be pretty sweet :)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I, for one; Love this update.

But I have played RS for 2 years and not once thought of quitting over the poorness of the graphics,

If you ask me: Playing RSHD/RS for the graphics, you don't belong to this game.

This is just more of a enchaning for playing RS for me.

With all this hubbub, I wonder if anybody noticed in the news section saying that membership fees for new subscribers will be increased slightly :P

it's not that much, and they said it was because of inflation, which is understandable. maybe it's also because they lost a bit on the whole wildy removal and such updates, which made some people quit.

PS, servers work again!

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Now we only need world 99 to go online...

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Worlds are back up. I repeat, if you have fps lag, you don't meet the requirements, if you experience the LAG that everybody has it's because so many people are downloading from the servers.

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

Wow, it's only been up for a few minutes and the servers have already been taken offline.

Well from what I could see it seems nice to look at, but seriously buggy.

The two old detail modes have been merged into one, and it seems to be more of a mini version of the HD Runescape than the two older detail modes.

Now that graphics have been taken care of, I hope they'll start to focus more on... Ah, it's bloody obvious what I'm about to say so you guys pretend like I posted it.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

its loading omg!!!! i cant wait!!! ps. the new logo with the picture of the dragonn and the mage is awsome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and omg a statue a statue of sara and zammy thats awsome. omg omg omg this is so cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Y_Z.png

A tip for people that are lagging that I'm doing... try loading the login screen and re-loading it for like 3-4 times. Reduces lag, and makes for faster loading. (for example, old RS graphics were faster because you had loaded them so many times. Anyone ever play RS at the library? Damn, it's slow there)

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png

When I heard of the new RS HD, I was a bit sceptical about it. Having tried it out, I can safely say - that I don't like it. It's too laggy, even with the settings turned down.

While I appreciate the effort Jagex have put into this update, I can't help but feel they are trying to compete with the other MMORPGS, like World of Warcraft and Guild Wars..

As a World of Warcraft player, I always heard my fellow players bashing RuneScape - especially the graphics. If you ask me, Jagex are hoping this update will bring more players to RuneScape - players who otherwise would have steered clear. Before, they would have looked at the graphics and thought "Oh, these graphics seem a bit too cartoon-ish.", and left. Now, Jagex are hoping they will think "Oh, perhaps I was a bit too hasty - I'll give it a shot." and then, after a while, "Wow, this is great! Its just like World of Warcraft!"

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that this update, while good, will not have the effect that, I think, Jagex wants it to have.

Either that, or they just want the people who do play to have a good experience - after all, it's not only WoW players who bashed the graphics - RS players did it as well...

Now, these are just my opinions - so don't flame me for it.

Its laggy because it just came out less then 2 hours ago. Give me a break....

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

The lag is mostly to do with the amount of people downloading from the servers - and everyone else:

1 GHz CPUs? And less? That technology is ten years old - you can't expect Jagex to 'hold back' on game improvements just because you can't keep up with the technology. They're losing out on a vast amount of people, just by catering to those with terrible PCs.

I've seen a lot of people saying stuff like '64 mb video memory? damn, I only have 32'.

32!?! That's an insane amount. Who has 32MB graphics cards nowadays? a 256 MB one is only around $40. Why don't you just update?

Just my two cents, so please don't flame.

Anybody else notice the 2 giant statues at the log in screen? I think we found out what Zamorak and Saradomin look like now :thumbsup:

Damn!! theres no mute button at the log-in screen!!! nooooooooo :cry:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

With the lowest settings on everything it seems to use up more bandwidth than before, will this change. Before it downloaded a couple of thousand bytes a second now its increased a lot, concerned as i have limited download a month :?

k9999-crazyarm.gif