Real life clan meetings

thiesje

My clan is having it's very first real life clan meeting together with our ally next week. We'll go to an amusement park and have a drink after that. Since we and our allies both are Dutch clans it's not a great distance we have to cover to meet each other. Most of us will go by train and have to travel a max of 2 hours. Have you ever had a real life meeting with people from your clan? And what did you do together? :)

Animum debes mutare, non caelum.

wallpaperageofwonderssh.jpg

We've had talks of one before and a few members know each other pretty well IRL as it is but no clan meetings have really taken place IRL. Videos of another clan's meeting that took place in London once were weird to say the least. :oops:

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

We've had talks of one before and a few members know each other pretty well IRL as it is but no clan meetings have really taken place IRL. Videos of another clan's meeting that took place in London once were weird to say the least. :oops:

Wait what? Do you mean to say that visiting Jagex's London office, smoking tea, and getting kicked out of Burger King for public intoxication all in one night is weird? :D

None of my clans have ever partaken in a rl meeting, but I think some members who've known each other for a while & live in/near the same city have met up irl before.

Never plan to. For one, we're too far apart. Secondly, half of us are too young, and the other half are too old to meet kids that young.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

wild_goat :P

Wait what? Do you mean to say that visiting Jagex's London office, smoking tea, and getting kicked out of Burger King for public intoxication all in one night is weird? :D

None of my clans have ever partaken in a rl meeting, but I think some members who've known each other for a while & live in/near the same city have met up irl before.

Didn't WG have one similar to that? Except they got high -.-

Real life meetings would be cool, but the closest thing I've ever gotten to real life is webcam+microphone.

Four years ago, a person who joined my clan was kicked due to inactivity. When I got into high school, one of my new friends there turned out to be that guy. Man... =D>

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

wild_goat :P

Wait what? Do you mean to say that visiting Jagex's London office' date=' smoking [b']tea[/b], and getting kicked out of Burger King for public intoxication all in one night is weird? :D

Didn't WG have one similar to that? Except they got high -.-

Real life meetings would be cool, but the closest thing I've ever gotten to real life is webcam+microphone.

Four years ago, a person who joined my clan was kicked due to inactivity. When I got into high school, one of my new friends there turned out to be that guy. Man... =D>

Yeah the WG meeting was what I was referring to, that was some legendary stuff. :thumbsup: And that's funny about your friend, honestly what are the odds of that happening??

I know the finish BH team Unlimited had a RL meeting - i remember seeing a picture of it. But then again they are all from 1 country so atleast some will be in the same city/general area.

Our clan is currently setting up details for a RL meet up.

It's planned way in advance (next summer), but we intend to get atleast 20-25 of our members there.

Everything is gonna be set up. Camcorders, coolers for drinks, money for going out etc.

We're going to stay on a campsite in England. I live in the Netherlands, so I'll have to travel a bit to get there.

Now you can see howmuch I care about my clan. They are really good friends, and I'd love to go to England to meet them ::'

erwin.png

"Power tends to Corrupt. Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely!"

Proud Moderator of Corruption.

Proud Leader of New Threat.

If you have a clan with only (or mostly) dutch people for example, it's not impossible to organise.

I think that big clans like THE, DI and others could never do that, because they have members of all over the world, and it wouldn't be cheap to organise. It's not bad for the spirit in a clan though, because if you have seen the people who lead you you respect them more.

signature4s.jpg

I hosted the WG IRL meeting.

Was a blast.

I'm having another one in Paris this August.

I'll be putting the old footage of the IRL meeting back up soon.

We didn't smoke the tea.

That was an editing fault.

It made us look like we got high off tea.

We tried it and it made us cough bad.

So we bought the real stuff which got us high.

Looking forward to August's!

wildsig3.gif

Click the image above to be taken to the Wilderness Guardians forums.

I hosted the WG IRL meeting.

Was a blast.

I'm having another one in Paris this August.

I'll be putting the old footage of the IRL meeting back up soon.

We didn't smoke the tea.

That was an editing fault.

It made us look like we got high off tea.

We tried it and it made us cough bad.

So we bought the real stuff which got us high.

Looking forward to August's!

Haha, I remember the topic on RSC, what a mess. :P

Would be fun to do something like this. Doesn't work too well if you aren't a country clan though.

pan.png

• 2 weeks later...

all the clans ive been in are international, only two members at most lived relativly close to eachother, its rare in international clans to find members in the same area, unless its a major clan with a few hundred members :P

but an IRL meeting? cant say ive heard of one before, might be interesting, ive heard of a webcam chat between the leaders of a clan, but not an actuall IRL metting.

sigwf1yq3.png

~! PM me if you need help with your clans website !~

RL + RS should never be assosiated together.

You can't meet up with people you met online, for all you know they might do something bad.

Also, meeting up with RS people...isnt that a bit sad? Isn't it better to meet up with your real friends rather than people you meet online?

I guess it works for some people, but to me its just plain weird.

well, in their case its an all-dutch clan...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Vid it!! Vid it!! :D

Hmm, our clan hasn't partaken in any real life clan meetings. We just live too far from each other. :-k

You mean, something like this? :lol:

We had like 12 people there in total 8-)

kh7LpBN5bSc

Rastekkel

[- 2Mighty Warlord -]

naamloosde6.png

^hehe, didn't think there were also vids :lol: ^

As with my clan? From what I know, One lives in America, I live in Canada, one lives in Britain and another one lives in Eastern Europe... $1000 plane ticket anyone?

22031_s.gif

It's hard for me, I live so far away from 90% of my clan. But given the chance, I would travel to meet half of them.

Skinzo04.png

[saradomin hilt - 3] [Armadyl hilt - 1] [ Bandos hilt - 3]

[ Abyssal whip - 88] [ Dark bow - 7] [ Dragon boots - 100+]

Sounds interesting lol.

Nope, never have had one, would be fun i suppose to make fun of/mess around/hang out with some good;/okay clan buds, lol.

UBH is Eastern based. I'm Pacific, we have some GMT, Aussie, etc. timezones-peoples in our clan lol. So yeah, would be difficult, but yet the m ajority is Eastern timezone.

Don't have to get stoned to be cool. -.-

A Proud Crimson Raider.

A Proud Council of CR.

A Proud TWR Rep' of CR.

Want a war against Crimson Raiders for TWR? PM me Or Frenchfry147.

I think its too risky, people can end up being a be a stalker or NI could crash with fire blasts L.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif