Behind The Scenes July

Toad

Lending Santa hats 30k a day ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great month.

Only down point is the new Tutorial. It sounds as if we have to make a new character to view this with current players getting XP lamps without doing it.

I don't want to make a new character thanks. I hope theres a once only "teleport to Tutorial" option so I can play through on my original character.

Everything else though, spot on. Bank has been needing a refurb for ages, item lending will be awesome, finally be able to see if it's worth getting a BGS without buying it first. New quests are always good and we are long overdue another acheivment diary, however easy it is going be.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

The next update will move the Tutorial from Tutorial Island to a quarantined Lumbridge, where a three-headed dragon will be terrorising people and generally being a nuisance. Luckily for the citizens, a passing White Knight, Sir Vant, will be on hand to hold back the beast. Far from being able to handle the situation on his own, he'll be after a willing adventurer to keep him supplied and do a spot of fighting.

dragon slayer part 2?

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And to think I only read a topic on this yesterday. Damn, Jagex works fast when they want to.

WOOT SUPERSPECIALAWESOMEMONTHTOPLAYRUNESCAPE FTW!

Tutorial lamps!!! im gonna LOL when it comes out on the 14th(my bday)

YEAH WOOT LAMPS THAT GIVE 250 XP EACH!

You're not excited about that? :?

So. Yeah. Bank Organization. Awesome.

Item Lending sounds meh. Lumbridge Achievement Diary is alright. Wildy quest sounds meh. New Tutorial sounds cool.

=ZF

anchormansigcomplete.png

:shock: :shock: I've been wanting a new bank for years!!!!! \' \'

Item lending sounds awesome as well, :thumbsup: but don't lend anything too expensive for the first couple weeks. :XD

The new tutorial stuff sounds cool and I'll look forward to the free experience lamps.

Another achievement diary sounds awesome. Although, I wish it were somewhere a bit more exciting like Relleka.

And the new quest sounds good, too.

All-in-all, a great month!!

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I doubt you'll actually kill the dragon, just supply the white knight with the supplies, like learn to run away from the drag, atk/range/mage the babies around it, give the knight food that you made etc

Item lending looks good, but I don't like how stuff that's rarely used (Sara sword for waterfiends) will probably go down a lot

Always like a new quest :P

Bank tabs should be good, but I'm questioning how we'll know if our bank is full then. My guess is just in the top right have a X/X spots filled thing

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Jagex has answered our prayers 4 a new bank :pray:

The rest of the month seems just plain awesome 2 :D

ibiteu2death.png

[hide=Funny Quote]

Cbow! Cbow!!!!! +120 range is orgasmic. Or maul, thats what I'd get out of those two options.

I agree with baconisbacon, Cbow looks freaking sensual

Runescape: Where strong weapons bring sexual pleasure.

The size of the e-peen0r is directly proportional to the rarity/power of one's equipment.

[/hide]

New Bank Features - Awesome, been waiting for this a long time although my bank isn't too bad I got it neat and in order so this update will make it even better.

Item Lending - Once again Jagex piggy backs the lower lvls giving them another reason to beg and bug people. I for one don't care about this update personally, and I thank Saradomin I have friends who are of a decent lvl and can fend for themselves and don't beg.

Tutorial Island Makeover - Sounds fun for the new players, I may make a new character myself just to see what it's like.

Lumbridge Achievement Diary - Sounds awesome, can't wait to see what the town of Lumbridge has in store for us.

Wilderness Quest - Sounds interesting, am looking forward to this as I am any other quest. Hopefully a revenant won't catch me and beat me up too badly.

Players Gallery & Postbag from the Hedge - Doesn't really interest me too much but some people that play RS have talent, I'd be sure to take a look at what they've drawn up.

xxteargodxx.png

I love that you can make the bank tabs your own too :thumbsup: , there is no predefined ways you have to organize your stuff. =D> .

Item lending for only 24 hrs -.- , well i guess its ok I mean it would be nice to have longer but it might help people at clan wars give each other godswords for the fight... or better armor but I would really like longer times possible in the future. :pray:

My 3 favorite skills!

1st. coolcobra77.png

2nd. coolcobra77.png

3rd. coolcobra77.png

This is shaping up to be the best month ever.

Wilderness quest, free exp, item lending (kinda meh), achievement diary, and best of all, an organised bank! Nothing that new, but quite a lot that's been needed for a while.

~Boo

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

This is a very great month for Runescape, and maybe the new Wilderness quest can solve the "Voices" mystery that everyone's (well not everyone) been discussing.

When they said "3 Headed Dragon", do they mean the KBD terrorising Lumbridge with only a White Knight to constantly hold it back or do they mean another 3 Headed Dragon that isnt as tough as the KBD?

Cant wait, this July!

dont white knights use whtie 2 hands :wall:

*sees noob try and take down king black dragon with a iron 2hand*

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Woot! Looks like it's gona be a good month! \' :thumbsup: \' :thumbsup: \' :thumbsup:

I hope the bank rewroking means more bank space for both ftp and members. I'm not so excited about item lending really... I was against it in the first place and to me it seems like a lot of work for an unnecassary feature that will rarely be used by any one other than rwt compainies. The rest of it sounds good though, I've been waiting for them to rework the tutorial. ;)

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

I kind of didn't read the other upcoming update since I fainted when I read about the bank tabs and search option :mrgreen:

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Its gonna be AMAZING!!! Good job jagex :thumbsup:

I think ill wait until bank update before arranging my bank ;)

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!