Behind The Scenes July

Toad

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spend the better part of my life telling people that procrastination will pay off in the end. Now after YEARS of whining that I can never find anything in my bank and never willing to do anything about it, the problem solves itself out! Procrastination people its always the way to go in life!

On a sad note I was dreading the release of item lending, I can imagine all the bs that people will come up with to try and not have to buy any expensive item and just beg and beg and beg Ad Nauseum.Then again it seems like a lot of players are looking forward to it, I will just keep saying no to any request from complete strangers as I would not ask a stranger to lend me anything in life I expect people in a game to act as such.

For the Achievement diary, it does not matter how noobish it is, still a new diary is better than 10 minutes quests.

sggyhj8.png

RuneScape HD in 2560x1024!

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.

lol reward for the achivment diary for lumby: hat that gives free teleports to lumbrige... oh wait -.- #-o...

actualy i think it will have something to do with woodcutting or fishing :thumbsup:.

1 defence pure pvp vid 1:

sig.jpg

jedislayer14.png

Proud to have achieved 97 cooking F2P

this month is gonna be great, except for the beginner achievement diary

"talk to all the tutors"

"bake a cake"

"shear a sheep"

"use the bank"

Then randomly they throw in a "smelt a Runite Bar at the furnace in Lumbridge"

Foooman.png

Finalmente... It's about time the bank organization tools came around... I'd expect to see it tomorrow, on tuesday, seeing how it's already the 7th. (Knock on wood)

The initial organization process will probably be a chore though. :P

picture7eo0.png

Seems like a good month... I'm just worried about item lending, if Santas will crash :ohnoes:

Maybe people will decide they look good and they'll go up :shock:

Any advice? Lol.

Leapfrog229.gif

I guess cause I never saw the need. I also felt that if I moved into the version of the game that was always changing that it would in some way invalidate the work that I had already put into my account.

Item lending gave me an... dare i say it... evil plan. :twisted:

A noob comes up to you and asks to borrow your godsword.

You tell him to try it out on a mighty monster as the power of the sword is very big.

He goes and as he attacks it, you log out so the item goes back to you...

The noob is now there with the big beast and gets... sendt to lumby.

Jagex will probably do something about that. :mrgreen:

Just one word for most of the updates...

Finally.

The bank has been well over-due for an update, but once I read the updates, it sounded like a very nice month. I can't wait to try out some of these updates, and I will finally have a reason to clean my bank :D

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

looks like a very good month. i personally am looking forward to the "certainly interesting" diary rewards. i like the idea of wilderness quests. this being the 1st one. and the sound of a parallel realm and a charming adventure with a few surprises thrown in.

of course the bank thing will be interesting and no doubt helpful we could use more options. i'm curious about whether we will get more bank space. would be nice.

i think f2p will likely get more bank space due to this update. hopefully p2p will get more too.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Okay, bank organization definitely takes the cake. Has been overdue for a long time, and sounds very good - tabs and a search feature. If Jagex don't fuxx0r this up completely, could easily be the best upgrade ever.

As for the Lumbridge diary, here's a theory for you: so far both existing diaries gave a piece of clothing as a reward - Karamja Gloves and Varrock Armour. Now, we have recently seen a lot of speculation about the "mystery cape" from the new RS banner... put 2 and 2 together and what do you get? LUMBRIDGE CAPE anyone?

Oh, and on an unrelated note:

Sir Vant

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

personally dont mind about bank update.. its ok yeah but my banks tidy already.

I want to see quest reward as a wilderness quest it should be interesting so.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

[hide=]

Craft a diamond ammulate on the lumby furnace

Grow a yew tree

Chop a yew log in the grave yard

Use the cross-bow agility to cross the lake from lumby - al karid

make a high level pie/food on the stove in lumby castle

Or if those aren't high enough, make a GLORY amulet, grow and chop a MAGIC tree, smith a rune/adamant bar, get over 100 tears in Tears of Guthix, complete a lap of the Dorgeshuun agility course (it's under Lumbridge, not sure if that will be in range or not)... If there are high level activities in Varrock, there damn well are high level activities in Lumbridge.

i take it you did't read that the high task isen't going to be hard at all?

anyways. in my time of playing this must be the best month ever. nothing i don't like <3:

[/hide]

Looks like someone is having a hard time reading as well :lol:. They were discussing what hard task could be not what they are going to be since there aren't any.

Only thing I'm excited about is new bank. But with that being said I'm really excited about it.

Also did anyone else get a chuckle about how they were talking about your first memories of runescape being tutorial island? I was like "tutorial island? Oh yeah joined way before that."

All skills 80+

I like the pople saying bank organisation is "finally something rs can do before wow"

Because its not as if rs exsisted before wow did or that wow "copied" everything from much older mmos

When was WoW mentioned once in this topic before your post? :roll:

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

my bank was organized always and yesterday i perfected it and then they announced this, i guess it will be good for the lazy people.

I'm sure my bank would be perfectly organized if I had the money to double everything I owned.

Got to love this month, though. New quest (In the wilderness? Should be interesting), new diary (dunno what people expected to be hard in Lumbridge. Something specific for the area that presents a challenge? Pfft.) and bank organization (Can finally set all my slayer-related things in one area).

Item lending's not something I really care about, since I know of no one I'd be willing to lend/borrow from. Those that beg for it? Free trip to my ignore list.

I hope they let our current accounts see what the new Tutorial Island looks like, since I don't feel like making another account just to see it.

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

Also did anyone else get a chuckle about how they were talking about your first memories of runescape being tutorial island? I was like "tutorial island? Oh yeah joined way before that."

Yup lol. My first memory is accidentally clicking on a goblin and freaking out.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

:lol: I did that several times. My favorite early memory is going to al kharid guards and being told I need to pay 10 gp to pass. I was like come on what am I made of money Ill walk around (since walking was all people know of back then).

I do miss the days of the old learning curve. What do you want to be? Ummm a miner. OK heres a pickaxe you are now lvl 8 in mining go find the mines yourself. Of course they were nowhere close to where you started out. Man I remember wondering around for hours looking for them.

All skills 80+

hehe i spent about 20 minutes searching my bank like 100 times for my combat bracelet....only to find that I was weilding it lol. Anyway i'm SOOO stoked for the search function!

The tabs will be nice but weren't necessary.

Smavey, the tabs will make combat items in one section, quest items in another, it'll be much better for organization.

Actually, they said that you can choose how to tab it, so not just combat in one and quest in another. You could probably put anything in any.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

:lol: I did that several times. My favorite early memory is going to al kharid guards and being told I need to pay 10 gp to pass. I was like come on what am I made of money Ill walk around (since walking was all people know of back then).

I do miss the days of the old learning curve. What do you want to be? Ummm a miner. OK heres a pickaxe you are now lvl 8 in mining go find the mines yourself. Of course they were nowhere close to where you started out. Man I remember wondering around for hours looking for them.

Haha, at least you chose something useful like Mining. I chose mage. Hmm... now how the hell do I cast spells? The magic book wouldn't tell you what the runes were called, so I didn't even know enough to ask where to get mind, water, air and cosmic runes lol.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png