What is the use of Quikchat only worlds?

SwordKing

Today I accidently logged in on a QC only world. I wanted to PM my friends, but I only could by.... using QC..

Then I started wondering. What's the use of QC only worlds? QC can be used just as fine on normal worlds, why dedicate a whole world to the usage of QC alone... I just can't get it.

Any other ideas on this?

So the muted can gather with fellow rule breakers :roll:. No but seriously I guess it's good to be around other muted be and know that someone won't answer a question you can't answer because your muted. Or maybe some people just don't wanna answer some of the silly questions asked everyday.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

It's obvios, as Master_Smither said it's mainly there for mutes. They'd rather not be pm'd questions that they can't answer etc... They meet other muted people. It's alot quieter as some people like training in silence and no spam. I remember reading a thread that a mute had wrote up and he was praising these worlds.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

So the muted can gather with fellow rule breakers :roll:. No but seriously I guess it's good to be around other muted be and know that someone won't answer a question you can't answer because your muted. Or maybe some people just don't wanna answer some of the silly questions asked everyday.

This.

This.

So in short, they made those worlds for people who can't toggle their public chat?

So in short, they made those worlds for people who can't toggle their public chat?

Nobody can't toggle public chat =/

It's for the ones that don't want to toggle public chat :D

Yeah, I hate turning it off when I'm just hanging around/walking about. Always makes me paranoid.

/strange

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

1. Peace and quiet.

2. Not having to listen to imbecilic talk from "stupd ppl 2 lzy 2 type out rl wrds".

3. It's never crowded.

4. Far less begging and whining from people who think I was put on the planet to service their every need.

5. It's a safer place for younger players. I recently allowed one of my sons to start playing RS, conditioned on his being allowed only on QC worlds.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I agree with qeltar on #3. I only go on QC worlds If I fight something usually crowded or hunt. The first day It came out, I was at mossies and I was able to train there unpeturbed for hours

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Simple reason above all others posted...

When have you ever seen a flame war in a QC world? Never.

When have you seen the word noob? Never.

When have you ever seen chatspeak, bad typing, and confusing questions and sentences? NEVER.

:D \:D/

I think the question was why Jagex wanted these servers made in the first place, NOT what benefit we're all getting from them.

I don't think "it's less crowded" was their reason for making a new server that specifically only has QC. And it's not for people who are bombarded by every question, because they've had friends/off for chats for how many years now? One of QC's benefits is that it's is a way for the muted to speak with the non, so to me I don't really think Jagex said "hey let's make a server for only muted, so they can all talk to each other and know they're muted!" That doesn't make sense to me.

I think the main reason which was something like the safety of younger kids being able to play, no spam fights and insults and stuff being thrown around. A better environment for the younger really sticks out to me.

When I look at those servers,that's why I think they were put in.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

its put there for parents to tell there children they are limited to.. so that parents can be assured there child can't chat normally or get people trying to do stupid chat

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

I tried these worlds when I was muted, but I didn't like it.

Mainly because you can't see anything that's not quick chat, not even in the clan chat.

I was in the chat, and I was wondering why no one was saying anything. Only the occasional annoying quick chat questions came through. Turned out you're not even able to see normal chat in those worlds :wall:.

If you want silence, try the German worlds.

2dvjurb.png

It's the only place in Internet where they encourage the underaged kids to play with the ciminals :lol:

all lol's aside though, its a great place to get away from begging, if your above level 90 and wear anything remotely red, go to a f2p world and just time how long it takes before you wish a Nub-seeking missle would blow the tiny pixels away, and make them loose all their money, valuables, and password.

I mean yes you can turn off chat, but i dont like having to use cc, or pm's to communicate solely, those are my contact devices which i use to go hang around with people, where i like to just type freely.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Notwithstanding the pleasant silence you experience, it's the place where underage players can actually play, since their accounts are locked into Quick Chat anyway.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.