The new skill interface

Trey

All of you know what the current skill interface looks like.

The boxed off area with the black background that isn't too pleasant to look at.

well I, as im sure others, suggested to jaGex that they change this menu by simply adding a lighter background behind the skills. it makes

your skill menu look a lot less cramped. But they took it a step further by getting rid of the box that holds the skills and making it look even less cramped.

I found this picture while browsing Runescape.com. http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=1999

Mabey i care to much about how it looks but meh.

I am looking forward to this new interface. I was getting tired of looking at an ugly stat page. :D

[hide=Old Interface]oldchenjs2dq3.png[/hide]

[hide=New Interface]newex6.png[/hide]

4e0Vn.png

Second one is too small, I prefer the first one. Also, if they are updating it, why can't they [bleep]ing update it so that we can all skills at the same time, they are making it smaller, so why not do that. :|

2j3qh46.jpg

I don't notice a difference....

I agree the new one is better. What I really want to see, though, is two tabs open at once when in full screen mode. When I got into full screen mode (1280x1024) I always wish that I could have two tabs open, like inventory and armor. There is enough room for it, so I see now reason why it can't happen.

Click this to see what I mean: http://i34.tinypic.com/1gss9h.jpg (It would have stretched the page if I put Image tags around it)

Maybe if you left-clicked a tab it would open on the left side and if you right-clicked a tab it would open on the right side. If you clicked a tab when it was already open on the opposite side, maybe the two windows would switch positions.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

So this topic is about the color behind OUR stats.... :roll:

Fixed. Remember, correct use of wording is our friend.

You seriously replied to this thread just to correct someones post? Good job buddy. How's under the bridge working for you?!

On topic: I don't notice a difference at all. Doesn't really make a difference to me which one they choose.. I like others would prefer the no scroll bar and to be able to see all of the skills at once, though.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I like second one better, but is there any difference apart from the background color?

The only other difference besides that, that I can notice, is the Total Level message is smaller text with a not as bright text.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

auuwle.jpg

Wasted space. It's small enough already, making it even smaller, no.

Hell yea. Would you prefer grey over a tiny bit darker shade of grey, OR tiny over small?!

The interface we have right now is totally fine except for the scroll bar.

newsigac5.png

Alpha, I wasn't aware that Im not ALLOWED to post what I want. Please, tell me what to post

Douche bag

On topic: Yea, just get rid of the scroll bar.

Fixed. Remember, correct use of wording is our friend.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I love you.

And now you're aware, Windex.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

I'm no architect, but I don't think those columns are load-bearing. I could lose them in favor of more space.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Alpha, I wasn't aware that Im not aloud* to post what I want. Please, tell me what to post

Douche bag

On topic: Yea, just get rid of the scroll bar.

Oh the sweet sweet irony #-o

*allowed

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Just remove the scroll bar already :wall:

Agreed. I don't know why they didn't fix that when they did all the other updating. It is a bit of a pain, and with the skills smaller or even with the added space of full screen, there is no reason to have the scroll bar.

But if that is all that we have to complain about; I guess we don't have it that bad.

felter_laur.png