"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

You know what the best way to tell a girl that you're not interested in that fact?

Invite her over.

Tell her to bring a friend.

You yourself bring a friend, regardless of gender

Watch the movie "He's just not that into you"

Complain to your buddy how annoying it is when girls don't take the hint.

Problem solved :D

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Agh. The girl I want is again "dating" one of my friends (not really, they just call each other bf + gf, etc.). Pisses me off.

But I'll have her back soon, he's really shy.

Just remember that if its high school, to not take it too too seriously. Because if you do you'll end up like me, 17 and on anti-depression pills because of a girl.

EDIT:

Lol. Not saying like you might be. But dont get angry at your friend over one of the 3 billion women in this world.

Edited by doc_roe3
Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Ah, this girl is starting to make stalker jokes. She might just be joking (because pretty much everyone at my school jokes about that) but, I dunno. Should I just laugh with her when she makes them, shrug it off, or appear a little less interested? Because if she's referring to my seventh-grade self, I'm not amused.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

You know what the best way to tell a girl that you're not interested in that fact?

Invite her over.

Tell her to bring a friend.

You yourself bring a friend, regardless of gender

Watch the movie "He's just not that into you"

Complain to your buddy how annoying it is when girls don't take the hint.

Problem solved :D

If that was directed at me I'm not sure anymore that I'm not interested.. We've hung out a few times and I can't get her out of my head now -.-

So.. can girls be friend zoned? (Just curious)

yes

dgaf about long term relationships tbh 2 weeks MAX

I lol'd. Sorry. Its just that my views are like completly the opposite. :lol:

May I ask why you view relationships that way?

Relationships generally end up with a huge dependence on each other, as well as lots of fighting and threatening to break up with each other that never gets for filled because they are too comfortable with their routine of being together. From what I've seen anyway - it's what happened to every relationship I know of after 3 years or so.

Duh? Just because everyone here's a guy with girl problems doesn't mean that if girls were here they wouldn't have the same problems (but... I see where you're coming from. Girls getting "friend zoned" problem happen less because society dictates that the male make the approach).

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Duh? Just because everyone here's a guy with girl problems doesn't mean that if girls were here they wouldn't have the same problems (but... I see where you're coming from. Girls getting "friend zoned" problem happen less because society dictates that the male make the approach).

Nuh its cause I always see vids of guys getting friend zoned and I've never thought of guys having their own friend zone.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Nuh its cause I always see vids of guys getting friend zoned and I've never thought of guys having their own friend zone.

my friend zone is basically 'cool but not hot,' it's probably the same for other guys

Yeah, my friend zone is something like dan's. Either smart but not cute or cute but not smart.

My standards are way too high. >_>

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Yeah, my friend zone is something like dan's. Either smart but not cute or cute but not smart.

My standards are way too high. >_>

The joys of having lowish standards. Kinda. They dont really have to be cute, although we all wish "the one" is cute by our standards, as long as they can connect with me one multiple levels (given my personality its rather easy to do)

But liking Michael Buble is a plus (lol)

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

my friend zone is basically 'cool but not hot,' it's probably the same for other guys

Yeah, that's pretty much my standard for the friend zone. If the girl is even remotely attractive, there's always a chance to escape it though. Not a chance many guys get.

Kinda makes me paranoid though. If that's how I justify the friend zone, who's to say that's not what girls do? That makes me question my attractive...ness(?). I guess I'll keep convincing myself girls don't care about looks as much.

And yes Dan, my quote was pointed in your and Istolethepie's direction. But I supopse it's irrelevant to you now.

So today I was at school talking about my gaming habits, I mentioned I played WOW. After that class, a beautiful girl comes up to me and says she plays WOW too. We talk about gaming in general for a few hours. She invited me to her dorm and we played WOW together for like 4-5 hours.

I don't know if we are dating or what? I have been thinking about her non stop since I got home a couple of hours ago.

I don;t even know her name and I forgot her e-mail :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

I think I am in loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

So today I was at school talking about my gaming habits, I mentioned I played WOW. After that class, a beautiful girl comes up to me and says she plays WOW too. We talk about gaming in general for a few hours. She invited me to her dorm and we played WOW together for like 4-5 hours.

I don't know if we are dating or what? I have been thinking about her non stop since I got home a couple of hours ago.

I don;t even know her name and I forgot her e-mail :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

...You played WOW with her for 5 hours and forgot her name???

Just go up to her at school, say hey, and ask for her phone number or something. Ask her if she wants to hang out again sometime. I'm not quite sure how the chat feature works in WOW, but you could probably contact her using that too.

Amaranth_GTO.png

I don;t even know her name and I forgot her e-mail icon_ohnoes.gificon_ohnoes.gificon_ohnoes.gificon_ohnoes.gificon_ohnoes.gificon_ohnoes.gificon_ohnoes.gificon_ohnoes.gif

You didn't see it, but you might have heard the sound of my jaw dropping. Both at the fact that a beautiful girl plays WoW and that you FORGOT HER NAME. Christ dude, I hope you remember how to find her, cause you got a good thing going. I wouldn't say you're dating yet, but I see it as a definate possibility. Get to know her. NOW. Don't waste your time on TIF. Come back if you have questions or need help, but for the love of god, find her!

I don't know I am am nervous. What I am feeling is similar to a fat kid feels about a cake.

Nervous about what?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I don't know I am am nervous. What I am feeling is similar to a fat kid feels about a cake.

I wish I could help more, but trying to figure out a gamer girl is like trying to solve a rubiks cube. Most approaches that you'll find in this thread are for picking up random hot girls at partys and the like. The girl that you found happens to be a geek. Perhaps she is attracted to geeks? It's not impossible. Or maybe she's one of those confusing chicks that acts geeky, but actually likes tough biker types. Play it cool, and act natural for now. She liked you enough to let you hang out with her, so your not off to a bad start. Usually when people come here they've already dug themselves into a hole.

As for remembering her name.

If you haven't already here's an "okay" way of buying yourself time: Come up with a pet name (and for the love of god, don't call her by her screen name). Just call her "babe" or "honey" or something to that effect. Whatever you feel comfortable with. And try not to lead to situations where you'd have to mention her actual name until you KNOW you know it. Nothing is worse than fogetting a girls name and letting her know it.

Keep it calm. Stay calm, cool and collected. Deep breathes if you must. Maintain yourself. And before ypu give yourself (and me at this point) a heart attack...figure out a good way to contact her. Please.

I wish I could help more, but trying to figure out a gamer girl is like trying to solve a rubiks cube. Most approaches that you'll find in this thread are for picking up random hot girls at partys and the like. The girl that you found happens to be a geek. Perhaps she is attracted to geeks? It's not impossible. Or maybe she's one of those confusing chicks that acts geeky, but actually likes tough biker types. Play it cool, and act natural for now. She liked you enough to let you hang out with her, so your not off to a bad start. Usually when people come here they've already dug themselves into a hole.

As for remembering her name.

If you haven't already here's an "okay" way of buying yourself time: Come up with a pet name (and for the love of god, don't call her by her screen name). Just call her "babe" or "honey" or something to that effect. Whatever you feel comfortable with. And try not to lead to situations where you'd have to mention her actual name until you KNOW you know it. Nothing is worse than fogetting a girls name and letting her know it.

Keep it calm. Stay calm, cool and collected. Deep breathes if you must. Maintain yourself. And before ypu give yourself (and me at this point) a heart attack...figure out a good way to contact her. Please.

I swear, if any of you allow this statement to cross your thoughts at any time I'll personally beat the [cabbage] out of you across the internet.

No girl ever "let's me hangout with her." I let her. The same is true of the rest of yall. Well, some of you anyways.

Also, Rpgs post gives me a bad vibe. It's like he's implying men should be weak or something.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Kinda makes me paranoid though. If that's how I justify the friend zone, who's to say that's not what girls do? That makes me question my attractive...ness(?). I guess I'll keep convincing myself girls don't care about looks as much.

It's true that looks don't really matter (as far as how you were born, the way you present yourself is still important) like it does for girls. Guys are attracted to physical traits that show fertility, girls aren't looking for fertility :P

How it works is a girl sacrifices some of her replication value (by committing to 1 guy) for some of his survival value. (by having to take care of somebody else)

Giving her a name is a good idea, though I personally wouldn't call her babe. I'd just pick a physical trait and go on that, like freckles or curly.

And holy [bleep] I just found out today that a girl I went to primary school with is a meter maid at the gold coast, and she's on beauty and the geek now too. I think I had a little thing with her too.

Okay, first time to post here, but here I go.

It is currently 10pm. Tomorrow is my last day of high school. I like a girl who is a year younger than me. Chances are that I will never see her again after school tomorrow (unless she goes to the party...) and I really want to ask her out and see her again after school.

Ok... so, we are friends. We don't talk immensely but we still sometimes exchange a few words here and there. Whenever we walk past each other we will wave at each other etc. I met her around 5 months ago during a musical, I was one of the main parts, she was stage crew (She said she couldn't sing, I said I didn't believe her). She got me a pie when I was really hungry... admittedly I asked her and gave her money and she said ok lol (I couldn't because I wasn't allowed out due to having full costume and make-up on.) Uh... what else could I add that would be helpful... I was in a Death/Black metal band (Blackened Death would of been easier to say...) and she saw a video of a cover we had done and she replied "Uh.. nice" like she was just being kind, I replied "Hah, nice lying lol, no one really likes this music, didn't expect you to like it that much." (I left that band, guitarist and bassist were not good enough... Drummer and myself are working on a concept album together.)

Hmmm, what else, what else...

I don't know what else I could say...

Yeah, I'm hoping someone can help. I get way too scared to ask girls out, mostly likely in fear of rejection (making a fool out of myself etc..)

Thanks!

No_Finka.png

Okay, first time to post here, but here I go.

It is currently 10pm. Tomorrow is my last day of high school. I like a girl who is a year younger than me. Chances are that I will never see her again after school tomorrow (unless she goes to the party...) and I really want to ask her out and see her again after school.

Ok... so, we are friends. We don't talk immensely but we still sometimes exchange a few words here and there. Whenever we walk past each other we will wave at each other etc. I met her around 5 months ago during a musical, I was one of the main parts, she was stage crew (She said she couldn't sing, I said I didn't believe her). She got me a pie when I was really hungry... admittedly I asked her and gave her money and she said ok lol (I couldn't because I wasn't allowed out due to having full costume and make-up on.) Uh... what else could I add that would be helpful... I was in a Death/Black metal band (Blackened Death would of been easier to say...) and she saw a video of a cover we had done and she replied "Uh.. nice" like she was just being kind, I replied "Hah, nice lying lol, no one really likes this music, didn't expect you to like it that much." (I left that band, guitarist and bassist were not good enough... Drummer and myself are working on a concept album together.)

Hmmm, what else, what else...

I don't know what else I could say...

Yeah, I'm hoping someone can help. I get way too scared to ask girls out, mostly likely in fear of rejection (making a fool out of myself etc..)

Thanks!

I'd through my posts about touch escalation and hardwired attraction switches etc, has a lot of useful information. You could just ctr f, type iamdan and flick back through the pages, c&p the stuff you find useful. Most of my more informative posts are a bit further back, the later ones somtimes refer to previous posts I made.

Start by getting her number, it's easy as hell while you're in school. Just start a conversation and say something like, 'you're pretty cool, we should trade numbers.'

A few random tips for phone game:

[hide=]

Don't be too eager, try to be light hearted and funny, and always be having a more interesting time than her. Also make your replies come at random times.

A few of my favorites:

I bet my weekend can kick your weekend's [wagon]

Out of all the (her first name and last name)'s I know, you're my favourite

you just popped into my head so hi... now stay out of there

be sure to role play

[/hide]

Then sometime in the future, tell her you're doing x and that she should come along and hang out.

edit:

I wish I could help more, but trying to figure out a gamer girl is like trying to solve a rubiks cube. Most approaches that you'll find in this thread are for picking up random hot girls at partys and the like. The girl that you found happens to be a geek. Perhaps she is attracted to geeks? It's not impossible. Or maybe she's one of those confusing chicks that acts geeky, but actually likes tough biker types. Play it cool, and act natural for now.

Trust me, the same stuff works on basically everyone. She might be into geeks, but she's not into geeks that don't trigger attraction switches.