"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

uhm...

Can I get some suggestions for texts I can send to start a conversation with a girl I met once without being an annoying creep? I've never been much of a texter.

Did she give you her phone number, or did you get it off of someone else?

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

So i've been friends with this girl for a couple years since she moved here. She's in a couple of my classes and we started hanging out a lot since February. I really like her...but I'm pretty sure deep down she really likes my best friend (who has a girlfriend, and is friends with her). My friends kept messing around and they keep asking her stuff like "are you dating him yet?", just because we hang out a lot. So the other night when we were all drinking and she told me shes not in love with me, my friends keep saying it and it was getting on her nerves so she had to tell me...

:blink:

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

uhm...

Can I get some suggestions for texts I can send to start a conversation with a girl I met once without being an annoying creep? I've never been much of a texter.

Did she give you her phone number, or did you get it off of someone else?

I gave her mine to avoid the [or atleast i find to be] awkward question of "can i have your number". She texted me. We did that whole shpiel for a few hours. i texted her yesterday, and she responded then the convo kinda died. Lookin for something that might actually catch her interest? her excuse yesterday was she was playing softball, which is perfectly reasonable. I just don't want to seem all desperate and what not. This is what I get for putting myself in the chick's position.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

So i've been friends with this girl for a couple years since she moved here. She's in a couple of my classes and we started hanging out a lot since February. I really like her...but I'm pretty sure deep down she really likes my best friend (who has a girlfriend, and is friends with her). My friends kept messing around and they keep asking her stuff like "are you dating him yet?", just because we hang out a lot. So the other night when we were all drinking and she told me shes not in love with me, my friends keep saying it and it was getting on her nerves so she had to tell me...

Ouch :mellow: either move on or try and get her to like you?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I'm breaking up with my girlfriend today, I've found someone better.

better how?

Better looking and more fun. And she (Ana) is as interested in me as I'm interested in her.

She cried, she told me I lied to her, I used her, etc, we made up, and I'm going to avoid her for a little until things are less raw between us. Shouldn't be too hard. But she's going to end up knowing about the new girl eventually, they probably already know each other.

[Edit] They do.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I'm breaking up with my girlfriend today, I've found someone better.

better how?

Better looking and more fun. And she (Ana) is as interested in me as I'm interested in her.

She cried, she told me I lied to her, I used her, etc, we made up, and I'm going to avoid her for a little until things are less raw between us. Shouldn't be too hard. But she's going to end up knowing about the new girl eventually, they probably already know each other.

[Edit] They do.

How would you feel if your new girlfriend did this to you?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

If my new girlfriend (more on that below) was not all that into me and realized how unsatisfied with her current situation she was when she started flirting with all the guys she met at a party, I wouldn't blame her. I'd be bummed out, but it wouldn't be anyone's fault.

But I'm not even necessarily going to go out with Ana, she just sort of made me wear my real eyes. I'm not a heartless psychopath, I realize I hurt my ex, but the only blame to be pinned on anyone is for my staying with her, and leaving was the only way I could correct it at least a little.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

The only way I've found to get out of friend zone would be to just not talk to her for ages, (at least 6 months) come back and start over. When you do, don't make the mistakes again like building too much comfort and no attraction by 'being the friend.'

Hey brat, I bet my weekend can beat up your weekend :)

Try to use callback though. Bring up a joke from when you were talking in person if you can.

If my new girlfriend (more on that below) was not all that into me and realized how unsatisfied with her current situation she was when she started flirting with all the guys she met at a party, I wouldn't blame her. I'd be bummed out, but it wouldn't be anyone's fault.

But I'm not even necessarily going to go out with Ana, she just sort of made me wear my real eyes. I'm not a heartless psychopath, I realize I hurt my ex, but the only blame to be pinned on anyone is for my staying with her, and leaving was the only way I could correct it at least a little.

Might be a bit painful on your ex, but you took the mature way to do it. :thumbup:

Popoto.~<3

Hey brat, I bet my weekend can beat up your weekend smile.gif

Try to use callback though. Bring up a joke from when you were talking in person if you can.

That I can certify as a good idea. Makes me wonder why I didn't do that before.

Would you guys be put off a girl because she's christian (or just religious in general)? I met a girl on Saturday, and have been talking to her and just found out she is. I was kind of just like...Mmmmm :unsure:

Might be different for some of you Americans, cos generally religion is a bit of a minority here.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I automatically lose respect for anyone when I find out they worship a god. But that's just me.

Here's a random tip: I didn't come up with this, but in the middle of telling a story, add a random fact.

"... and then the guy falls of the fence and dislocates his shoulder. Hey did you know that a kangaroo can jump 10m? Crazy huh. Anyway, then..."

I use it to tell whether people are following the story or not. If nobody says 'wait.. what?' then abort asap.

Would you guys be put off a girl because she's christian (or just religious in general)? I met a girl on Saturday, and have been talking to her and just found out she is. I was kind of just like...Mmmmm :unsure:

Might be different for some of you Americans, cos generally religion is a bit of a minority here.

Well, I'm atheist, so I don't prefer religious girls. But there is a difference between a really religious girl (who goes to church and everything) and a girl who just says she believes in a god but isn't as religious. For me, the first type is undateable, I can live with the second type though. If the girl is very religious, then she is most likely going to want a religious boyfriend as well.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I automatically lose respect for anyone when I find out they worship a god. But that's just me.

I don't think it should be that cut and dry. I'm not trying to educate you or anything, but some of the smartest people in the world are actually religous. I'm an atheist, and as a former religous, find it extremely hard to understand where belief in God comes from other than comfort, but blankly disqualifying them based on that, that's pointlessly cruel.

Just yesterday I've had one of THE most important conversations in my life, with a very much believing Christian. I'd hate to see anyone miss on one of those just because they disqualified somebody based on their beliefs.

I'm just against religion really, I think it hinders us. People who contribute to it's existence irk me. Shallow yes, but lots of people have things like that.

On a positive note, I think I may have found someone who I would actually consider for a relationship. Plus it's harder to emotionally detach myself like I usually do, making escalating with a thought out game plan harder, making it more of a challenge, and making me more into her.

I'm getting the all too familiar "omgtellherhowyoufeelandinviteheroverandthrowheronthebed" feelings from years ago. Kinda makes it more fun actually.

I actually prefer girls that are religious because it shows they have values beliefs, hope and faith. All of which are very large "pros" when considering them as a potential girlfriend. As for random girls that I would hook up with? I don't give a rat's [wagon] if they're religious or not.

And as I suspected, Dan's idea worked. I knew it would as soon as I read it because I've used it before, and somehow didn't think of it. Regardless, I might meet up with my new lady-friend in the near future. On a related note, the latest "new chick" before this one [the one that I completely screwed up with] saaw me again. Gave me a friendly wave and smile.

Things are looking good :)

Well, I'm atheist, so I don't prefer religious girls. But there is a difference between a really religious girl (who goes to church and everything) and a girl who just says she believes in a god but isn't as religious. For me, the first type is undateable, I can live with the second type though. If the girl is very religious, then she is most likely going to want a religious boyfriend as well.

I'm alright with religious people in general as long as they don't try to convert me or preach to me or something.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

Eh I don't think she amazingly strict, but she did tell me she went to church on sunday. Oh well, I don't think it will matter cos I doubt I'll take this any further...(or will I? :cool: )

rosssigfinal.jpg

Eh I don't think she amazingly strict, but she did tell me she went to church on sunday. Oh well, I don't think it will matter cos I doubt I'll take this any further...(or will I? :cool: )

Heaps of people go to church, I used to go to church until like a year ago, and it was by choice. Even now I still go to a youth group. Someone going to church by choice doesn't signal that they're religious enough to only date others of the same religion.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I'm not worried that she wouldn't date me, I bet she would, she seems really normal, I wouldn't have known she was religous until I she told me that she had to go to church hungover on Sunday, and saw her facebook (lol) and it says she's Christian under the religion thingy. Meh

rosssigfinal.jpg

I wouldn't have known she was religous until I she told me that she had to go to church hungover on Sunday, and saw her facebook (lol) and it says she's Christian under the religion thingy. Meh

That's hilarious. :XD:

Yeah. I met her on Saturday night. We talked for a bit, then she asked If I found her attrative, so then I was like, "Yes...?"

She then put her arms around my neck and asked me something like "would I kiss her" I think? I didn't cos there were quite a few people around. I told her she could have been more subtle and asked me to go outside for fresh air, so then she was like "Wanna go outside for a breath of fresh air".

For some reason I said no, mostly cos it would have looked suspect if we had disappeared outside together. Kinda regret not taking her up on the offer now... :wall: MEH, there shall be more chances. Perhaps.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Yeah. I met her on Saturday night. We talked for a bit, then she asked If I found her attrative, so then I was like, "Yes...?"

She then put her arms around my neck and asked me something like "would I kiss her" I think? I didn't cos there were quite a few people around. I told her she could have been more subtle and asked me to go outside for fresh air, so then she was like "Wanna go outside for a breath of fresh air".

For some reason I said no, mostly cos it would have looked suspect if we had disappeared outside together. Kinda regret not taking her up on the offer now... :wall: MEH, there shall be more chances. Perhaps.

Maybe get her to work a bit for it. ;-)

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

If she's already being that obvious about it, playing hard to get will only hurt his chances. You should have done it, but it should be easy to salvage.

Meeting, Disqualification, Attraction, Qualification, Comfort, Sex

Don't move backwards. If she wants to kiss you, not much point in trying to attract her.

Don't worry lads, I have it sorted ;)

<waits on facebook til she comes online>

<Waits 15 mins or so before talking to her>

<She says she has go, gives me her number so I can text her if I "get bored">

Aaaand BAM, I get her number without even trying. 8-)

rosssigfinal.jpg