"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I mess with my friends that go couple on me. They're all terrible couples that I generally hang out with, either my friends have ugly girlfriends or don't know how to interact with them as people. Then I'm usually gone pretty soon. The worst part is that they never tell me when I'm going to be a third wheel. It just happens. And it pisses me off.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I mess with my friends that go couple on me. They're all terrible couples that I generally hang out with, either my friends have ugly girlfriends or don't know how to interact with them as people. Then I'm usually gone pretty soon. The worst part is that they never tell me when I'm going to be a third wheel. It just happens. And it pisses me off.

Good to know that having an "ugly girlfriend" makes you a "terrible couple" :rolleyes:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

She beats him, too. But she's such an awkward, generally unattractive person that she kind of sucks the fun out of the room. She's always been nice enough to me, but now I hear she threatened a girl that was in the musical with him.

Then again, he threatened to "[bleep]ing kill" that same girl's 10-year old sister. They're weird.

And she's not "ugly". She's ugly. Not "terrible": awful. Although I guess they are a "couple" since I've already just about convinced him to break up with her for another girl that's one of the most delightful people I know.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Just thought i'd like to share my story with yall. I asked this one girl to prom months in advance, and before i know it we start hanging out and stuff. We actually started to get into all the good stuff like making out and whatnot, and when prom rolled around, it was the best night of my life. We started to get a little bit more serious after that, then she started to fall out on me. She said it'd be better if I didn't start a relationship, because it would only end in heartbreak for me, and because we're going to 2 different colleges and whatnot, and because she wanted to go through summer without being tied down. I was crushed, she basically decided to leave me one week before graduation. She said we can still be friends with benefits and we can hang out, but i have a distinct feeling she'll gradually fade away forever. She also said she'll always remember me and still kept a hoodie that i gave her. I'm just wondering, will she gradually just forget me? because I sure never will forget about her

She said we can still be friends with benefits and we can hang out,

End of story. You win. She's bailing before she can hurt you. no, she won't forget you. Although, you will probably grow apart. But hell, enjoy this while you can. It's not all bad. Hope you weren't too emotionally attatched with her. She kept your sweat shirt. You obviously meant something.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

End of story. You win. She's bailing before she can hurt you. no, she won't forget you. Although, you will probably grow apart. But hell, enjoy this while you can. It's not all bad. Hope you weren't too emotionally attatched with her. She kept your sweat shirt. You obviously meant something.

yea i suppose. she also said the timing was bad. and i was pretty attatched to her, and she was also attatched to me, not as much as I was. I still wish I could have continued this story, this was the closest thing to intense love I had for her.

yea i suppose. she also said the timing was bad. and i was pretty attatched to her, and she was also attatched to me, not as much as I was. I still wish I could have continued this story, this was the closest thing to intense love I had for her.

Yeah it hurts when chicks you like bail out. I say hang in there for the friends with benefits thing over the summer, and then decide if you want to attempt to pursue her into college [not recommended] or gradually grow away from her after the summer and find a girl that has "better timing" [recommended].

Yeah it hurts when chicks you like bail out. I say hang in there for the friends with benefits thing over the summer, and then decide if you want to attempt to pursue her into college [not recommended] or gradually grow away from her after the summer and find a girl that has "better timing" [recommended].

I just hope she actually will. She did call me the day we split up and comforted me. I doubt i'll pursue her during college, she's probably gonna find some other guy that she clicks with and before ya know it, i'm just gonna be a thing of the past. It'll be a while before i can chase girls, a part of me dissappeared that day

I wouldn't recommend to be FBs with her, it's just going to make you like her even more, emotionally too. If you're willing to deal with the heartache, then do it, but if you're not, I would suggest getting away from her for a while.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I wouldn't recommend to be FBs with her, it's just going to make you like her even more, emotionally too. If you're willing to deal with the heartache, then do it, but if you're not, I would suggest getting away from her for a while.

might be true, but those three months would be hella fun

Read your posts ITT, it's not hella fun to be in a casual relationship with someone you're emotionally attached to.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

From what I understand they aren't having sex anyway.. If that's true the only thing you really gain is blue balls and the risk of heartache.

A part of me died that day, I've learned to be emotionally detatched. still.... I always will have this empty feeling

From what I understand they aren't having sex anyway.. If that's true the only thing you really gain is blue balls and the risk of heartache.

A part of me died that day, I've learned to be emotionally detatched. still.... I always will have this empty feeling

Do your best to move on, cut her out of your life completely if you feel you need to. If you don't it can bite you in the ass later.

Do your best to move on, cut her out of your life completely if you feel you need to. If you don't it can bite you in the ass later.

That is good advice but i don't know, its bad enough i have this gaping pit where my heart used to be. i can't imagine just ignoring her forever

It's not as bad as you think, unless] you let it get to that point. You don't need her, and this 'gaping pit' is no more than a hardwired feeling caused by evolution with the purpose of keeping 2 people together to take care of their baby. She's no more special than the next girl.

It's not as bad as you think, unless] you let it get to that point. You don't need her, and this 'gaping pit' is no more than a hardwired feeling caused by evolution with the purpose of keeping 2 people together to take care of their baby. She's no more special than the next girl.

I spent 2 whole days where i did nothing but stay in my room and grieved. People are right when they say moving on is the hardest part, I can't stop thinking about her

You made me chuckle.

He put it in a very cynical way, but he's right, there's more girls just as good as her, and then some. If you think this gaping pit can't be filled by anyone else, you're wrong. There's girls out there that can fill the pit twice.

You made me chuckle.

He put it in a very cynical way, but he's right, there's more girls just as good as her, and then some. If you think this gaping pit can't be filled by anyone else, you're wrong. There's girls out there that can fill the pit twice.

you're right too, its not just the looks though, it was the personality I miss the most. I highly doubt i'll ever find a girl that matches or exceeds what she had in personality but i know i'm wrong. this whole experience made me an emotional wreck

You made me chuckle.

you're right too, its not just the looks though, it was the personality I miss the most. I highly doubt i'll ever find a girl that matches or exceeds what she had in personality but i know i'm wrong. this whole experience made me an emotional wreck

I guess I could say that I feel close to what you feel when you say you miss the personality of someone.

I did plan on writing my whole story out, but about halfway through I realized noone would want to read this [cabbage] so I'm going to tl;dr it for you.

Learn from people, like me, who have made the mistakes, and learn from us. Dont learn by experiencing this. High School relationships are really for the most part doomed to fail if you take it seriously like I do.

Of all the married people I know (which is a lot) only 2 couples are high school sweethearts: A friends Parents and my Grandparents.

I miss the personality of the girl I had very strong feelings for (I would call it love but I dont really think people can love in high school) so I know what your feeling. Im an emotional wreck. I'v done some stupid things. I'v very nearly ended my life twice because of someone I felt strongly for and let me tell you its not al all worth it. College from what I'v herd is great. All the [wagon] from your past are gone, as well as all your friends unfortunatly. But you get to have the chance to meet up to a hundred fold of new classmates compared to the ammount of old ones (I used to go to a 350 kid High School and im going to a 3500 student college)

There have to be someone out there for you and me. Chin up. Positive thoughts. That girl once told me "everything gets better in time". And for most situations, they do. Believe me.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

I know it's not about looks, you wouldn't be this down if it was. There's really nothing else to do than to give yourself time.

Read your posts ITT, it's not hella fun to be in a casual relationship with someone you're emotionally attached to.

Walked right into that one didn't I? :lol:

doc_roe3, I'd like to read your story given that it is all true. I'm not one to tl;dr on this thread. Every last detail counts. And to shredthehegnar91, I retract my statement now that I've been confirmed of just how emotionally attatched you were. You are probably best off moving on as quickly as possible. That way you're not stuck in the mood you're in now for the begining of college. Best to get rid of the "empty" feelings over the summer when it won't effect you socially in your new environment.

Walked right into that one didn't I? :lol:

You lost a loooooot of street cred in this one. :P

Walked right into that one didn't I? laugh.gif

You lost a loooooot of street cred in this one. tongue.gif

And unfortuante side effect of swallowing ones pride enough to ask for help. But everyone's got problems. Why should I be any different? ;)

This weekend I learned that a friend of mine has the same mindset I had last year, and is going through some serious depression as a result of it. I've been giving him as much advice as I can, and as I do, it feels like I'm somehow solving my own problems that I didn't even knew existed. It's hard to explain. As I put his problem into words, it helps me understand exactly what I went through, and now I feel like I'm actually learning from it. I thought I'd already learned from it. I guess I was wrong. Like I said, I'm having trouble explaining this, but I feel like I'm helping myself as much as I'm helping my friend.

Anyway, I've already started my summer self-improvement plan without actually meaning to. It's amazing how much a tan and a nice haircut can make a difference. Now I just need some money. That'll be tough, since I live in the middle of nowhere, but I might be able to save a few dollars to buy some clothes and [cabbage]. I might even try to get my friend I mentioned to join me. That'll be good for both of us.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.