"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

This weekend I learned that a friend of mine has the same mindset I had last year, and is going through some serious depression as a result of it. I've been giving him as much advice as I can, and as I do, it feels like I'm somehow solving my own problems that I didn't even knew existed. It's hard to explain. As I put his problem into words, it helps me understand exactly what I went through, and now I feel like I'm actually learning from it. I thought I'd already learned from it. I guess I was wrong. Like I said, I'm having trouble explaining this, but I feel like I'm helping myself as much as I'm helping my friend.

Anyway, I've already started my summer self-improvement plan without actually meaning to. It's amazing how much a tan and a nice haircut can make a difference. Now I just need some money. That'll be tough, since I live in the middle of nowhere, but I might be able to save a few dollars to buy some clothes and [cabbage]. I might even try to get my friend I mentioned to join me. That'll be good for both of us.

:thumbup:

Welcome to maturity

Sometimes it takes other people's problems to realize what exactly is going on in our own

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Self-improvement summer program hell yeah. Mine starts tomorrow. I may as well kick it off tonight (which is technically tomorrow) by seeking advice for some of my fixable flaws.

One, a couple friends of mine picked out a couple things about my posture. First, specifically, they said my posture when sitting and stuff is fine...it's just that I bounce when I walk...I've never noticed that until now, I guess, but I've never been called out or heard anyone called out on it before. Second, more generally, they mentioned how strict I am with my posture (making me awkward). They told me to go with the flow, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.

How do I fix these posture problems?

hmolsig.png

I wouldn't recommend to be FBs with her, it's just going to make you like her even more, emotionally too. If you're willing to deal with the heartache, then do it, but if you're not, I would suggest getting away from her for a while.

might be true, but those three months would be hella fun

Read your posts ITT, it's not hella fun to be in a casual relationship with someone you're emotionally attached to.

Walked right into that one didn't I? :lol:

doc_roe3, I'd like to read your story given that it is all true. I'm not one to tl;dr on this thread. Every last detail counts. And to shredthehegnar91, I retract my statement now that I've been confirmed of just how emotionally attatched you were. You are probably best off moving on as quickly as possible. That way you're not stuck in the mood you're in now for the begining of college. Best to get rid of the "empty" feelings over the summer when it won't effect you socially in your new environment.

I think she really wants to cut me out of her life. I directly asked her through txting some serious and heartfelt questions about whether she has a desire to cut me out of her life completely and if we'll ever be friends again. all she says is "idk" :( , and then i send a txt saying i'll really miss her, to which she never replies :( . If I had known it would have ended like this, i would have never gotten attatched to her in the first place. I just want what we had before i fell in love.

tbh it sounds like she was attracted, but you got attached waaaaayy faster than she did and you freaked her out. I mean she gave a pretty bad reason for your 'break up', and now she seems indifferent to you.

Delete her number, or at least don't talk to her for a few months.

tbh it sounds like she was attracted, but you got attached waaaaayy faster than she did and you freaked her out. I mean she gave a pretty bad reason for your 'break up', and now she seems indifferent to you.

oh no she was pretty attatched to me too, she admitted it when we were dating, and she actaully said this is the slowest shes taken things with a guy. I dont know what i did wrong, I want to talk to her one last time to achieve closure. I just hope she'll be kind enough to listen

oh no she was pretty attatched to me too, she admitted it when we were dating, and she actaully said this is the slowest shes taken things with a guy. I dont know what i did wrong, I want to talk to her one last time to achieve closure. I just hope she'll be kind enough to listen

Women think differently to men, chances are she has a different interpretation to what she said to you. Taking it slow is also pretty much meaningless anyway until you're like 18 imo. I suggest you forget trying to get closure because I don't think you'll get it while you have feelings for her, but do what you want.

Women think differently to men, chances are she has a different interpretation to what she said to you. Taking it slow is also pretty much meaningless anyway until you're like 18 imo. I suggest you forget trying to get closure because I don't think you'll get it while you have feelings for her, but do what you want.

i mean it wasn't slow in a bad way, she said she was always unsure of what she wanted. I'll let yall know what happens, i plan on asking her to talk today

I wouldn't recommend to be FBs with her, it's just going to make you like her even more, emotionally too. If you're willing to deal with the heartache, then do it, but if you're not, I would suggest getting away from her for a while.

Read your posts ITT, it's not hella fun to be in a casual relationship with someone you're emotionally attached to.

doc_roe3, I'd like to read your story given that it is all true. I'm not one to tl;dr on this thread. Every last detail counts. And to shredthehegnar91, I retract my statement now that I've been confirmed of just how emotionally attatched you were. You are probably best off moving on as quickly as possible. That way you're not stuck in the mood you're in now for the begining of college. Best to get rid of the "empty" feelings over the summer when it won't effect you socially in your new environment.

Ill write it out when I have the time. But mind you, its going to be LONG.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Ill write it out when I have the time. But mind you, its going to be LONG.

please do write it out

Turns out the girl I've been chasin has a girlfriend. That's what I get for picking up girls at a GSA dance. FML.

Oh well, she'll make a great friend, despite my high attraction to her. Time to move into plan B.

Turns out the girl I've been chasin has a girlfriend. That's what I get for picking up girls at a GSA dance. FML.

Oh well, she'll make a great friend, despite my high attraction to her. Time to move into plan B.

Let her be your wingman, girls are better at it than guys. Plus if you're with a hot girl it's an instant dhv.

Let her be your wingman, girls are better at it than guys. Plus if you're with a hot girl it's an instant dhv.

I have two of these. Straight, though. Because my best friends, who are my best wingmen, are unfortunately better looking than me. Although me and my two closest friends cruising together usually does attract attention. And every girl thinks the best looking one is gay, half of the girls think the other one is gay. Only dudes have ever thought I was gay. And that's because I'm not arrogant in their way. I will concede that I'm often an [wagon], though.

But my two lady wingmen are fantastic. They told me they expect the same from me, but not many guys will approach them unless it's brutally obvious that we're not together. Plus, they both come from wealthy families, which means they know everybody.

Wooooooooooo!

Oh, were you guys discussing problems or something?

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

This might be true. I have a few friends of the female gender, most of which would be awful at being wing[wo]men. But you might be right on this one? At the same time though, I don't want to ruin any future options with her...so I may not resort to using her as a wing[wo]man. I'm still figuring her out. If she's not into guys at all - than yeah. Her induction as my partner in crime will be immidiate. But if she's even slightly attracted to guys, I think I'll hold off. I can't imagine a girl would un-friendzone a wingmate. Then again, I'm begining to dabble in unfamiliar territory. Just my assumption [GOD LOOK AT ME RAMBLE].

I'm putting her as 'friend I flirt with alot' until I figure her sexual orientation out.

The girl I've had my eyes on lately is starting to get very attached to me. Everything seems so easy...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

See, your problem is you always overthink everything.

I support that claim a whole lot.

It's hard to turn my damn brain off sometimes :wall:

So this is random venting and a warning and I'm not seeking advice but I **** up big! And I hope this story serves a lesson to all of you out there. So I'm a senior in highschool. I'm about to graduate in a little over a week. And in the fall I'm going away to college. However college, and the rest of my life is now on an uncertain path. If you haven't guessed by now I got my girlfriend of a year and a half pregnant. So yeah that sucks.

(For the next part I don't want to hear any comments on how we are idiots or anything because we knew of the slightly increase risk)

After a few months of having sex we decided going raw is more fun. (Obviously is but not the point!) After like 5 months of this, up until 2 weeks ago, maybe, everything went well. Then because her BC wasn't working entirely correctly with the regulation of her period it would start earlier than on the placebo then usual. Her doctor said all was well just don't have sex on those days. Well of course accidents happen and we did. She didn't tell me right off though because she didn't want me to spend the $50.00 on a plan B. After two days she confronted me. I obviously got her one. But we couldn't get it until a day later. So the odds of it working right further decreased. Now 2 and a half weeks later she is late.

Any questions?

(again don't criticize me. Whats done is done, and I know my mistakes)

Any questions?

If other methods don't work out, will you get an abortion?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

So this is random venting and a warning and I'm not seeking advice but I **** up big! And I hope this story serves a lesson to all of you out there. So I'm a senior in highschool. I'm about to graduate in a little over a week. And in the fall I'm going away to college. However college, and the rest of my life is now on an uncertain path. If you haven't guessed by now I got my girlfriend of a year and a half pregnant. So yeah that sucks.

(For the next part I don't want to hear any comments on how we are idiots or anything because we knew of the slightly increase risk)

After a few months of having sex we decided going raw is more fun. (Obviously is but not the point!) After like 5 months of this, up until 2 weeks ago, maybe, everything went well. Then because her BC wasn't working entirely correctly with the regulation of her period it would start earlier than on the placebo then usual. Her doctor said all was well just don't have sex on those days. Well of course accidents happen and we did. She didn't tell me right off though because she didn't want me to spend the $50.00 on a plan B. After two days she confronted me. I obviously got her one. But we couldn't get it until a day later. So the odds of it working right further decreased. Now 2 and a half weeks later she is late.

Any questions?

Another reason to wear a condom every time, kids. My friend knocked a girl up just out of high school. He's one of the most amazing guitar players I know. He's 20 now and works in a grocery store to support the kid and the girl, who is his permanent girlfriend or whatever. He hates her, because she was a drunk [bleep] at some party. But we make fun of him anyways.

My oldest friend lost his virginity today. I told him good job. He said he wouldn't have worn a condom if I hadn't explicitly told him to. Which made me wonder. But he's been with this girl for four or five months. They're cute together or whatever. I'm happy.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

She didn't tell me right off though because she didn't want me to spend the $50.00 on a plan B.

That would piss me off. I've only been really angry once in my life and it takes a lot, but that would do it for me. It's only $30, and if she was that worried she could have paid for some of it. The price of the pill is a [cabbage] load cheaper than the price of a kid.

Unless you want to pretty much finish your life now and spend the rest of it raising this kid and scraping up a few bucks to feed it and yourself, I suggest an abortion. Foster homes are overcrowded as it is.

First obviously check if she is pregnant, because she might not be. Then start weighing your options. You have keeping it, putting it up for adoption or aborting it. Talk with her about it, it's her's as much as yours and nobody here can make the decision for either of you.

I don't want a kid until I'm at least 30, if at all. When you have a child and you need to work to support it, after that plus raising it, what else do you have time for? I say enjoy your youth and do [cabbage] while you can.

We have a hardwired desire to 'be god.' To be someone that is depended on, for that feeling of being needed. I'm pretty happy just being me.

He said he wouldn't have worn a condom if I hadn't explicitly told him to.

:wall:

That's the kind of guy who shouldn't be saving sex.

Any questions?

Sorry but your asking for it, Dont [bleep]ing have sex without protection. Damn kids these days, no sense of awareness while the rest of us cant even get laid. (Obviously I'll get pissed since I haven't even had sex since December so sorry, but I'm starting to get moody about it)

Popoto.~<3

Any questions?

Sorry but your asking for it, Dont [bleep]ing have sex without protection. Damn kids these days, no sense of awareness while the rest of us cant even get laid. (Obviously I'll get pissed since I haven't even had sex since December so sorry, but I'm starting to get moody about it)

Her BC was [bleep]ing up, I'm not sure you can pin all the blame on them and none of it on bad luck.

Where a condom guys. C'mon. That's like first grade or something. icon_rolleyes.gif

As for magegoogles, I hope it all works out well. Be proud that you may have a kid soon. It's really a beautiful thing. Planned or otherwise.

Lent: give you're buddy a high five for me. Then slap him for thinking he could get away with out a rubber. Especially in your filthy town [as you've mentioned before].