"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

But I'm still down for some random hook ups while I do have time to go out, so...y'know

Or just keep it in your pants for a whole 2 months, seriously It's like you've become addicted to sex now. (and I thought I was bad)

@Dan, everyone's lifestyles are different nor is everyone 19 like us.

I haven't done anything since my last sexual run in. Like ANYTHING. And that was, what I would have estimated 3 months ago. But 2 months might be right. Not like I've been counting, lol. At my lower points, yeah I get kind of...sex addict-esque. I'm not gonna pretend like I don't. But i wouldn't call myself a sex addict. I'm just taking whatever comes my way. Which for quite some time now has been nothing. -.-

Wait until you hit 10 months then, you'll know hell.

Popoto.~<3

ugh. I start climbing the walls after a week.

Ouch. The last time I did anything was maybe a week ago with a girl from work. She's leaving the restaurant so it's whatever. Before then it had been about four months. It sucked.

I've gone a week now, and it annoys me a bit. We just haven't had the time though.

So a friend asked me for advice a bit ago, he's been dating his girlfriend for about a year, and she told him in the first bit when they were going out (first month or so, and stuff between them really sucked then) she cheated on him (just kissing, not sex or anything more than 1st base), and he's not really sure what to do. I told him that it was a long time ago, and since nothing's happened since it probably doesn't matter. Opinions?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I've gone a week now, and it annoys me a bit. We just haven't had the time though.

So a friend asked me for advice a bit ago, he's been dating his girlfriend for about a year, and she told him in the first bit when they were going out (first month or so, and stuff between them really sucked then) she cheated on him (just kissing, not sex or anything more than 1st base), and he's not really sure what to do. I told him that it was a long time ago, and since nothing's happened since it probably doesn't matter. Opinions?

I agree with you, it was a long time ago and nothing became of it. If he was fine until she told him the truth, he should be fine with it afterward. Its a little awkward to hear that, yes. But nothings really changed, so nothing should change between them.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I agree with you, it was a long time ago and nothing became of it. If he was fine until she told him the truth, he should be fine with it afterward. Its a little awkward to hear that, yes. But nothings really changed, so nothing should change between them.

Agreed, at least she came out with it, maybe if he would have found out indirectly it would have been different.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Agreed, at least she came out with it, maybe if he would have found out indirectly it would have been different.

If she kept a secret like that from him so easily for an entire year, with no guilty conscience? I'd break up, personally.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

If she kept a secret like that from him so easily for an entire year, with no guilty conscience? I'd break up, personally.

She obviously had a guilty conscience if she told him.

It could have slowly been eating at her. I know I've had problems like that. It's a terrible place to be in, you want to tell the person, but you don't know how they react. It then builds up so much that you eventually just blurt it out.

From what I understood of the above post she cheated on him in the first month and told him so? Just come clarity as some may be misinterpreting what you have said.

Personally I think it should have showed that the girl genuinely felt bad about cheating upon him and wanted to try and make the relationship work which it evidently has as they are going out 11 months later. And yes he shouldn't be worried about it as nothing has become of it.

To clarify: She told him a week or so ago about it. The thing that really bothers him is that she's still friends with the person.

So he's worried that what happened once could happen again? That's to be expected, really. Eventually he will get over that little trust issue. If she's as commuted as him there should be no problems.

To clarify: She told him a week or so ago about it. The thing that really bothers him is that she's still friends with the person.

ugh.

I've been that dude. It's really not fun. [the one being cheated on and the guy is still around].

it sucks. he's gonna have to have a nice chat with his lady. tell him not to act too jealous or over react though. Cause it was moments like that where i would just lose it, and go ape [cabbage]. Nothing ever good came from that.

Did she have a guilty conscience if she told him? Or did she just wait such a long time so it would easy for him to think "oh, but it was so long ago"?

If she was really sorry about it, she'd have told him a lot sooner. Plus she hasn't even done him the courtesy of not talking to the guy anymore? Yeah, time to end it imo.

polvCwJ.gif

Did she have a guilty conscience if she told him? Or did she just wait such a long time so it would easy for him to think "oh, but it was so long ago"?

If she was really sorry about it, she'd have told him a lot sooner. Plus she hasn't even done him the courtesy of not talking to the guy anymore? Yeah, time to end it imo.

She didn't have to tell him at all, but yet she did. But she is still talking with that guy, that changes things....

I'd tell her to distance herself from said guy or end the relationship. He doesn't need her to cheat on him again.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I talked to him earlier today, and hes still kinda torn on what to do, the thing is the guy is someone she's apparently known since preschool.

Now for some advice that's actually for me, but not totally related to this thread. Friend got addicted to drugs (bad ones), is there anything I can do to help, without telling their parents or something similar?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I talked to him earlier today, and hes still kinda torn on what to do, the thing is the guy is someone she's apparently known since preschool.

Now for some advice that's actually for me, but not totally related to this thread. Friend got addicted to drugs (bad ones), is there anything I can do to help, without telling their parents or something similar?

If said friend can't/ isn't willing to fix it themselves, it sounds like you'll need to get aprents or something for rehab.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I honestly don't get why you would break up over something that happened that early in the relationship, 9 months ago.

Think back, those past 9 months she was lying to you, the entire time, and you had no clue. That's nothing like a healthy relationship.

EDIT: I know it's not "you"...just an example.

polvCwJ.gif

tell the addict its you or the drugs. he[?] can continue doing drugs, but you refuse to see him if he does.

The hope being is that you're more important than an addiction.

Thats a lot of hope. People can break ties with all their family and friends if it means they can still enjoy their drug.

Thats a lot of hope. People can break ties with all their family and friends if it means they can still enjoy their drug.

Right. Drugs can cause a powerful, irrational connection that will be more important to the user than anything outside the drug world. I would be interested to know which drugs are being used, but for now just assume that the user will be prone to mood swings, and expressing any dislike for the user's habits will result in being rejected.

The solution is probably to talk to some sort of counselor. If you're in High School, talk to the guidance counselor, but don't mention a name until you're really sure of what will happen. You don't want your friend to get into legal trouble, and bringing it to the parents would normally create unnecessary family problems. It really is a sticky situation.