"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Blarrrrrrrrrrrrrrg I'm finally back seeking advice. I noticed two things today.

Do you remember like 50000 pages ago when I knew nothing about pick-up or flirting or dating or anything? And I had just got out of a depression, and I was starting improving myself? Well, I kept posting about how I couldn't feel true heartfelt-attraction to anyone anymore, just lust.

1.) Today, while looking at my girlfriend (which unfortunately I don't see at all at school, except for 10 minutes when we arrive)... I felt it again. Full-on srs bsns. It was really awesome, and then I had to miss her for the rest of the day.

2.) So, at the end of school today, I was leaving, and she was waiting on her parents to pick her up, and she was like 'it's ok, Lent is here and we're jamming to metal music!'.

Now, I know a little bit of jealousy is natural. I know that both from experienced and my research that if you are constantly stalking the girl and/or extremely paranoid and/or you throw your heart out via vomit onto her and killing any tension, you have a guaranteed chance of killing the relationship. Obviously I'm not gonna do any of that, so that's not my problem...I know how to work things externally and I'm starting to get real life experience.

The reason I'm really posting this lil' tidbit is because that little thing, after finally for once feeling like, complete crush super-love heart-felt <3333333, I've noticed that those tiny things are starting to tear me up inside just like before. And I'm thinking "crap, this is really going to screw with me for the rest of my life unless I target it and solve it."

So, is this a normal occurrence, or just my emotions, and how can I deal with it?

hmolsig.png

Blarrrrrrrrrrrrrrg I'm finally back seeking advice. I noticed two things today.

Do you remember like 50000 pages ago when I knew nothing about pick-up or flirting or dating or anything? And I had just got out of a depression, and I was starting improving myself? Well, I kept posting about how I couldn't feel true heartfelt-attraction to anyone anymore, just lust.

1.) Today, while looking at my girlfriend (which unfortunately I don't see at all at school, except for 10 minutes when we arrive)... I felt it again. Full-on srs bsns. It was really awesome, and then I had to miss her for the rest of the day.

2.) So, at the end of school today, I was leaving, and she was waiting on her parents to pick her up, and she was like 'it's ok, Lent is here and we're jamming to metal music!'.

Now, I know a little bit of jealousy is natural. I know that both from experienced and my research that if you are constantly stalking the girl and/or extremely paranoid and/or you throw your heart out via vomit onto her and killing any tension, you have a guaranteed chance of killing the relationship. Obviously I'm not gonna do any of that, so that's not my problem...I know how to work things externally and I'm starting to get real life experience.

The reason I'm really posting this lil' tidbit is because that little thing, after finally for once feeling like, complete crush super-love heart-felt <3333333, I've noticed that those tiny things are starting to tear me up inside just like before. And I'm thinking "crap, this is really going to screw with me for the rest of my life unless I target it and solve it."

So, is this a normal occurrence, or just my emotions, and how can I deal with it?

May I ask whether you have a trust issue with girls or people in general?

Well this kind of sucks. Before summer started a girl a year younger than me who goes to my school inboxed me on facebook and we got to talking. We started hanging out a lot and at the beginning of August she became my girlfriend. However, summer is almost over and I am leaving to university on the 6th while she will stay in high school. I like her a lot but I really dont think the long distance will work (although it's only about an hour and 15 minutes away I wont be able to leave uni very often to visit her). I told her we'd give the long distance a try, but I am guessing it wont last very long at all :(

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

It's worth trying. Long distance can work. You'll miss her, but it makes it all the more better when you will get to see her. If you are an hour away, I'd suggest 'alternating' trips to see her - sometimes you drive/other form and transport to see her, and she does the same.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

It's worth trying. Long distance can work. You'll miss her, but it makes it all the more better when you will get to see her. If you are an hour away, I'd suggest 'alternating' trips to see her - sometimes you drive/other form and transport to see her, and she does the same.

That's a good idea. How does that saying go... something, something makes the heart fonder? Something like that. Whatever, I give up.

Well this kind of sucks. Before summer started a girl a year younger than me who goes to my school inboxed me on facebook and we got to talking. We started hanging out a lot and at the beginning of August she became my girlfriend. However, summer is almost over and I am leaving to university on the 6th while she will stay in high school. I like her a lot but I really dont think the long distance will work (although it's only about an hour and 15 minutes away I wont be able to leave uni very often to visit her). I told her we'd give the long distance a try, but I am guessing it wont last very long at all :(

If you really like her, give it a try. Take trips to see her, let her drive up to see you... You'll probably miss her a lot, but it's worth a try.

Where is the thread to talk about boyfriends?

Right here.

Amaranth_GTO.png

Seeing as you only started going out a few weeks ago, I personallly wouldn't think it's worth keeping a long distance relationship. Your going Uni, you'll meet alot of new people there and experience new things, doubt it'll all work out.

But, if your like... Madly in love with her or something, give it a try :thumbup: For the record i've had a friend who's tried long distance and he's said that the main problem with it is that, it's hard building a proper relationship with such little interaction between the two and after a while, when they did meet he said the chemistry they once had didn't feel like it was there anymore. It might work out different for you though :)

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

The only reason to be worried is if she keeps on mentioning me often. That's bad.

I think I might be some kind of god at my school. I forgot how easy it was to attract high school girls.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

So I'm in a driving class and there's a really cute girl sitting a few rows in front of me. Once in awhile I'll glance over at her and it seems like she's already looking at me. I really want to ask her out, but I really have no experience doing that and don't know how to get her alone. Help?

jjroxlu7.jpg

So I'm in a driving class and there's a really cute girl sitting a few rows in front of me. Once in awhile I'll glance over at her and it seems like she's already looking at me. I really want to ask her out, but I really have no experience doing that and don't know how to get her alone. Help?

You don't need to get her alone to ask her out, and you don't want to ask her out yet anyway. She's in your driving class so you have time to talk to her. Do it.

I personally wouldn't do the long distance thing, especially with someone I had only been with for a couple months.

I forgot how easy it was to attract high school girls.

I like the whole "woman" thing.

Although last night there were the two girls that graduated ... Last year or this year. I forgot what a good pair me and Travis made as well. Especially on the girls that are, you know, exactly the kind we like (most of them). Mad crazy. I get to see every branch of high school romancing, and how they're all not good. The uncomfortable kids with their uncomfortable girls, the football guys with their weirdly enthusiastic ladies.

Ha, ha. This will be a good year.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

You don't need to get her alone to ask her out, and you don't want to ask her out yet anyway. She's in your driving class so you have time to talk to her. Do it.

There's only 1 day left in the class so I'm kind of running out of time.

Also there's not a lot of talking between people during the class.

jjroxlu7.jpg

So talk to her. You can do it!

Amaranth_GTO.png

You really should have talked to her sooner. I mean if you asked her outright she would need to justify a yes with more than 'sure, what the hell' unless she really has nothing better to do. Talk to her after class, try and get a good conversation going with a bit of light flirting. You could get her number after a bit of conversation, maybe with 'you seem pretty cool, we should hang sometime.'

imo it should be just before the climax, because she will then have good emotions attached to exchanging numbers, and she's much less likely to say no or only doing it to avoid awkwardness. Then ending the conversation at the climax.