"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I was honestly just planning on going up to her and saying something like:

Me: Hey, you're ____ right?

Her: Yeah

Me: Good to meet you, etc, etc I'm ______

Me: I just wanted to know if you'd like to go out some time?

Or is that not good D:?

jjroxlu7.jpg

A more nonchalant (easily be thought of as cool, my go-to when I'm tired) thing would be "How do I know you?" And go from there. But I haven't paid attention to your situation.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

You really should have talked to her sooner. I mean if you asked her outright she would need to justify a yes with more than 'sure, what the hell' unless she really has nothing better to do. Talk to her after class, try and get a good conversation going with a bit of light flirting. You could get her number after a bit of conversation, maybe with 'you seem pretty cool, we should hang sometime.'

Then again if she's young and inexperienced she might just say yes to avoid an awkward situation, but it could be hard to turn that around when you actually meet up. You're better off having a conversation with her first with a clean slate, rather than hoping to fix a possibly awkward situation later.

Definitely talk to her for a bit first. If you feel the need to tell her your name then you don't know her very well, and obviously she doesn't know you at all. You need to demonstrate some sort of value to her before making a move, do this by being confident and getting to know her a bit.

The "just wanted to know if you'd like to go out some time" is no good either. That looks unconfident to me. A better way would be Iamdan's "Hey, you're cool, we should hang out some time". Don't go directly for a date, ask her to go do something fun with a group of your friends.

Do more social things. Can't have a girlfriend without often going out with friends. A girl won't like you unless it's obvious everyone else does, too.

Man, I just realized I'm sixteen now. Part of my group's dynamic was having someone too young to drive that looked college-aged. Now, instead of: "Wait, you're fifteen? Whoa!" its just "Oh, you're 16? That's cool I guess."

Do more social things. Can't have a girlfriend without often going out with friends. A girl won't like you unless it's obvious everyone else does, too.

Man, I just realized I'm sixteen now. Part of my group's dynamic was having someone too young to drive that looked college-aged. Now, instead of: "Wait, you're fifteen? Whoa!" its just "Oh, you're 16? That's cool I guess."

Are you telling me they see this as a popularity contest?

signaturemw.png

I guess I'm better off waiting till they grow more mature, and start a relationship she wanted because of who I was and not because of how popular I was.

Well you could do that, but you'd be waiting a long time. Besides, unless you're still in middle school dating really isn't a popularity contest.

And what lent was saying wasn't that dating is a strict popularity contest, it's that to meet new girls, and potential girlfriends, you need to go out. Go out with friends, go to the beach, go to the park, go to parties, go to the mall, go to little festivals and carnivals and amusement parks and stuff, just go out and meet new people. It's fun

Amaranth_GTO.png

So, I just realized how my friend Devy attracts girls (apart from him being an amazing, beautiful person).

He talks. About anything. My favorite is nachos. You need a friend who is a good wingman. It works best when the girl is confused or just being kind of snooty. Actually, it works anytime. Start talking to her, and/or start a back-and-forth with the wingman. Mention how girl is (pretending not to be or outright) listening to the conversation, it's kind of rude, but she's cute so it's okay and she should join in.

It's so much fun. And it never gets old. Ever. Nachos are easy to talk about, to have a good back-and-forth with.

I guess I'm better off waiting till they grow more mature, and start a relationship she wanted because of who I was and not because of how popular I was.

You're in for a long wait. Reproduction is all about survival of the fittest. Don't go out looking for a girlfriend, you don't need one. Go out to have fun. If you meet someone who meets your high standards then that's just a bonus.

That's also one thing - never underestimate the power of smooth talking. It's got me far :thumbup:

Just be charismatic. Smooth talkers can be looked down upon, or seen as a bad thing. A charming young gentleman bursting with charisma is loved worldwide!

So, my girlfriend (Amber)'s mother just caused a very sticky situation.

[hide=The Situation]

These are messages sent by Amber, by the way, and so have the type of grammar one would expect from a chat.

"My mom went on my account while I was afk, and very obviously jokingly typed to Ben, "Don't tell john, but I'm in love with you! ; ) !!!" or something to that effect.

And he replies with, "I thought you'd never say it. I love you too!"

And then my mom was like "Oh shi-" and quickly said it was just her messing with both of us.

But. OTL I think Ben..."

[/hide]

Now, I'm John, and Ben is a guy who currently has a girlfriend, but who isn't doing all that well with her. He has asked Amber out multiple times in the past, even going as far as to attempt to kiss her without her permission. He was denied every time.

However, he's also highly stubborn in his beliefs, and I'm worried that now he'll think she likes him, and will make a move.

For example, since he's rather strongly built, and Amber's rather waiflike, I could see him easily forcing a kiss or even more on her, thinking she'd want it. And she'd be kind of helpless, unless she managed to hit him in the nuts.

My current idea is to casually say something to him, like: "I laughed when I heard about Amber's mom sending 'I love you' to you via chat. I think you scared her by playing along, though...."

This way he'll know she told me about it, and he might realize what that means.

I know I might be overreacting, but knowing him, and knowing how he's felt for Amber in the past, I don't think his returning message was a joke.

Advice?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Whose mom does that? Seriously :?

Anyway, I wouldn't do anything - once she's completely aware of the situation she should be able to deny him properly.

If he "forces" something on her, that's sexual assault.

Nothing you can really do other than that.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Thought your name was Tim...

Anyway, get her mom on the phone with him or something. He can't not it believe if it's straight from the horse's mouth.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Cute girl at work. We get along well. She has a kid and is going to school for nursing. I have to ask how old the kid is, but no ring on her finger, so is it safe to assume there's no guy in her life? She's living with her parents. Also, flirtatious "Waiting" inspired phrases are appreciated.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Cute girl at work. We get along well. She has a kid and is going to school for nursing. I have to ask how old the kid is, but no ring on her finger, so is it safe to assume there's no guy in her life? She's living with her parents. Also, flirtatious "Waiting" inspired phrases are appreciated.

Unless you plan to look after the kid, dont do it. It's a dog move.

@Omnomnomar, that would be my name.

Popoto.~<3

yeah...I can get along with the kid in a dating scenario, if it came to it, I could look after the kid too, but I don't feel like that would come up immediately either way. But now that i think about it, between work, school, and a child, I'm not sure if she even has time to date. But i'd still like to give it a go - so keep the advice/comments coming.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

yeah...I can get along with the kid in a dating scenario, if it came to it, I could look after the kid too, but I don't feel like that would come up immediately either way. But now that i think about it, between work, school, and a child, I'm not sure if she even has time to date. But i'd still like to give it a go - so keep the advice/comments coming.

Bad idea...I'm sure she's not ready for a kid at her age, and neither are you. If you start dating, you can become a caregiver pretty quickly.

Bad idea.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Whose mom does that? Seriously :?

Anyway, I wouldn't do anything - once she's completely aware of the situation she should be able to deny him properly.

Thought your name was Tim...

Anyway, get her mom on the phone with him or something. He can't not it believe if it's straight from the horse's mouth.

Yeah, say that to him. If he starts seriously flirting with her or making her uncomfortable or tries to force something, call him out on it. Tell him that she's your girlfriend and he shouldn't be doing that and to leave her alone. Or ask him to duel

Thanks for the advice, guys!

And Amber found out about it before I did.

But yeah, I'm going to wait and see if he does anything weird. If so, I'll get her mom to call him, and maybe have a talk with him myself.

If worse comes to worse, I've always kicked his butt when we sparred in karate.

Oh, and John may be my name in real life, but I prefer not to use my real life name on the internet. :shame:

Hopefully though, this'll all turn out well.

EDIT: What happened to the [wagon] censor?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Alright so I didn't have the balls to go up to and talk to her, so I wimped out. This kinda sucks since I don't get many chances to meet girls my age since I go to an all boys school... I have no idea how to meet girls other than at school.

jjroxlu7.jpg