"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

What exactly was he saying that rattled your cage so much? Did he know the two of you were an item once or was he deliberately being anal?

It's been four days since we seperated and she is already trying to get on him, literally on top. And yes, he knew: "He is so in with your ex."

Yeah, when that happened to me in the past I took it as a compliment. "Ohh... warning me off, eh? Someone's not confident in their own ability ;-)"

Anyways, four days after splitting she's either doing one of two things:

1) Looking for a rebound, in which case, more fool him.

2) Trying to get a reaction out of you.

Nah, bottling ain't the answer here. For 1) Just let the douche fall on his own sword 'coz you can't really stop her finding other guys, and for 2) Just walk away and ignore it. She can't get a reaction if you're not there. Go find some girls of your own.

All of my best mates ever have been female, mostly those I WAS attracted to, but decided that I would rather be friends. I barely talk to my ex's, and the only one who I did talk to was to tell her to not talk to me ever again (after she screwed me over). I generally don't feel guilty about things though.

Never bottle it up. Tell one of your friends that you trust about it. It's never a good idea.

Yeah, when that happened to me in the past I took it as a compliment. "Ohh... warning me off, eh? Someone's not confident in their own ability ;-)"

Doesn't work when you were dumped so she can be in a "open yet unofficial relationship" so she doesn't have to bottle her up her "love". It wasn't "fair" on me for her to have to hide those feelings.

So once upon a time (about three months ago) I dated a girl for a week, after breaking it off due to the fact that we are really good friends, we had kissed, and then a few days after breaking it off, we both went to a party. During that party I got absolutely smashed, and she spent four hours making sure i was okay. She just sat with me and held my hand, but most of the night she was kissing me too. That obviously showed she had feelings for me still, and now I kinda miss being with her. She's two years older and is going to uni soon. What do i do?

Maeror_Meror.png

Proud Owner Of The Quest Cape

Proud Owner Of The Attack Cape

Proud Owner Of The Defence Cape

Dragon Drops: 1 Shield Left Half, 2 Dragon Claws, 10 Dragon Platelegs, 4 Dragon Medium Helmets

GWD Drops: Gs shard 1: 3 times GS Shard 2: Nil GS shard 3: 2 times 1 Bandos Tassets, 1 Bandos Hilt 1 Bandos Boots, Armadyl Hilt, 3 Saradomin swords

Misc: Ranger boots, Dragonic Visage, Guthix bow,

So once upon a time (about three months ago) I dated a girl for a week, after breaking it off due to the fact that we are really good friends, we had kissed, and then a few days after breaking it off, we both went to a party. During that party I got absolutely smashed, and she spent four hours making sure i was okay. She just sat with me and held my hand, but most of the night she was kissing me too. That obviously showed she had feelings for me still, and now I kinda miss being with her. She's two years older and is going to uni soon. What do i do?

Move on, find somebod else. If she is going to uni it will become a long term relationship and especially at unis those aren't exactly easy to keep working if it's been 3 months ago snce that happened.

How have things been since the party? Three months is a pretty long time considering.

When you say 'going to uni' I'm guessing she's not staying at home. If you miss her now even though she's in the same town, how would you deal with her being many miles away?

Well It's been good, we live close to each other so we walk together sometimes, We're really good friends. Sometimes if she has problems with family and stuff she'll call me and we'll talk about it. And uni won't be moving away, she'll just drive to the local uni in the morning come back when she's done

Maeror_Meror.png

Proud Owner Of The Quest Cape

Proud Owner Of The Attack Cape

Proud Owner Of The Defence Cape

Dragon Drops: 1 Shield Left Half, 2 Dragon Claws, 10 Dragon Platelegs, 4 Dragon Medium Helmets

GWD Drops: Gs shard 1: 3 times GS Shard 2: Nil GS shard 3: 2 times 1 Bandos Tassets, 1 Bandos Hilt 1 Bandos Boots, Armadyl Hilt, 3 Saradomin swords

Misc: Ranger boots, Dragonic Visage, Guthix bow,

Well It's been good, we live close to each other so we walk together sometimes, We're really good friends. Sometimes if she has problems with family and stuff she'll call me and we'll talk about it. And uni won't be moving away, she'll just drive to the local uni in the morning come back when she's done

Stay friends. If nothing has happened since nothing more will.

And, at the end of the day a good solid friendship is worth far more than any of the sexual gratification from a relationship.

Going to university is a big step in terms of maturity, not to mention stress, it shouldn't be underestimated. I don't know many people who had a relationship before going to uni, who still had that relationship by the end of first year, if that makes sense. Suddenly, the world's your oyster, you're surrounded by like-minded people, you're getting drunk lots, plenty of social events and doing all-nighters to catch up on coursework. Not the kind of environment people stay close to childhood sweethearts in, put it that way.

I'll be honest, and don't take it personally; the fact you're close, the fact you talk to each other so much and live so close together, and yet she still hasn't brought up the kissing at the party thing... kind of says to me she's not really bothered. We've all been there and we all know how alcohol works at a party... it digs up old feelings and it makes us more 'open'. You sure it wasn't that, mixed with you needing support and her feeling emotionally close at the time?

It clearly means a lot to you, so stick to being friends, because if you start a relationship now just when she's about to head off to uni, and it all goes pear-shaped because of that, you're gonna be missing her a lot more without the two of you even being friends any more.

How do you guys/girls get over your ex's?

As my method of bottling and pretending everything is okay is failing badly as was evident at school today.

bro, NEVER bottle up. I tried it once, and it screwed my body up in ways it took months to recover from. Just let it out, so you can move on. It's not going to go away on its own. In the mean time, spend lots of time meeting new people and hanging with the bros.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

How do you guys/girls get over your ex's?

As my method of bottling and pretending everything is okay is failing badly as was evident at school today.

bro, NEVER bottle up. I tried it once, and it screwed my body up in ways it took months to recover from. Just let it out, so you can move on. It's not going to go away on its own. In the mean time, spend lots of time meeting new people and hanging with the bros.

Meeting new people is a VEEEERY big move. Like if you even start to flirt with this one girl that you believe you can have a relationship with, all your past relationships just seem like old news to you. It's a great feeling actually. Just enjoy life. :)

gftog. The fastest way to get over a girl is to talk to other girls.

Also I think I'm falling in love.

You? Love? Elaborate.

Well it was a toss between that and 'falling in infatuation.' At first I thought it might the former because it's been 6 months but it's probably the later.

I haven't seen her in over a month and I've thought of her every day, which isn't like me at all :/

I've run myself in to some trouble. Not sure if I'm asking for advice so much as I am ranting and looking for feedback, but regardless, I feel the need to post it. See, there's this girl. And then there's this other girl. And then there's the other girl. It seems I've enjoyed single living a little too much. One of these girls, I've been casually dating for a month or 2 now and she's cool, albeit a tad boring, but she's friend's with my best friend and his girlfriend so it'd be weird to be around her...I lost my train of thought there. But she seems to be growing very fond of me, where I am still only interested in the occasional date here and there. Letting her go would be kind of bad, but i understand it's going to have to happen soon regardless. Sucks, but y'gotta do what you gotta do. Fine whatever. next girl is a nice girl I've been takling to for like. ever. And we click real well. Where's the problem in that you ask? Well, in all actuality I'm buried in them. First of all, she's insane about schoolwork, so she rarely has time to be social, and she's never had a boyfriend before because of it. Now, I'd love to be this girl's boyfriend, no doubt. but if I'm going to commit to that...I want to do it right and proper. So while she was talking to me today her saying that she was into me, and I her I had the perfect opportunity to be like "oh, well lets go on a date" - I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm not worthy of the title boyfriend as of yet. I'm still casually dating the first girl, not to mention the third girl. Speaking of the third girl, she is AMAZING. I practically love her. We hate everything that the other likes [Chase Coy blows, and she hates Nirvana...it's like she's from Saturn] but we well have very strong feelings for each other. Sort of. Thing is...she lives rediculously far away, and even after extensively talking for the past few weeks, I really want to hop on a plane and meet up with her. Date her for a bit, and call it a day. Thing is...I can't get that chance for another 4 months at best. That's 4 months of being on standby. And somehow saying "I can't wait that long, I'm sorry, we'll have to wait longer" is not a phrase I want coming out of my mouth. There are certainly times where she kind of annoys me and I have to question why I'm even so into her, but its stuff like that that keeps a relationship interesting. Biggest problem being distance. I'd NEVER see her. Like....ever. So while I very much desire that one week with her and have the most romantic and heartfelt filled week ever....I'm fairly certain that won't be possible if i were still dating girl #2 [who i'm very confident that if I'd commit to her, I'd stay with her for a very long time]. SO. I've kind of screwed myself. I gave myself options, and now I don't know which route to take.

What I'm going to do, unless someone can convince me otherwise is continue dating #1 for a while, tell #2 that I'm not ready for a relationship and that she deserves the best me available, and that she'll have to wait until summerish to get it, then meet up with #3 in May for a week, have a blast [by then already be done with #1], come back home and then start a real relationship with #2 to whom I will commit to and be a proper boyfriend for. She deserves it. And honestly, #1 isn't going to be my casual dating partner much longer regardless. It's just....not going anywhere. Her birthday's coming up soon, so it's not going to be immediate, but I still feel it's probably best to do before the big 2/14. Just so she doesn't get all hoped up and stuff. Nip the bud before it grows to attatched. Right now it's hard to tell how into me she really is. She's not the most expressive broad.

but...

yeah.

That's what I've been up to today/past 8 months.

@Rpg, I must confess, I actually Ctrl+F to see if the word sex was in that, shockingly its not.

yup. haven't gotten laid in quite some time. been hanging around to many young chicks. You should be proud?

Honestly I read that and all I thought was that I'm disappointed to see you describe dating almost as if it's a sport. I know that there are big lifestyle differences here, but I don't think you should continue to date someone when you know it won't work out and you have no intentions of letting it work out. You have a DEADLINE on your "relationship" with girl #1.. so why stay with her? Just to keep you entertained until you can date the girl you really want?

You say she's growing fond of you.. end it now imo. Don't lead her on, don't give her false hopes.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Honestly I read that and all I thought was that I'm disappointed to see you describe dating almost as if it's a sport. I know that there are big lifestyle differences here, but I don't think you should continue to date someone when you know it won't work out and you have no intentions of letting it work out. You have a DEADLINE on your "relationship" with girl #1.. so why stay with her? Just to keep you entertained until you can date the girl you really want?

You say she's growing fond of you.. end it now imo. Don't lead her on, don't give her false hopes.

its not so much a sort as a convenience. It's just a casual thing for fun, but I fear she is getting emotionally attached, which is why I have a "deadline" to being with. I do like her, but not nearly enough to commit to her. I do plan on ending it on grounds that I don't wish to lead her on. It'll probly be a bit awkward between us for a while, but I feel it will turn out similiar to my last ex where it was weird for a few months, abut now we get along pretty well. [wow I just realized its been a year since I started dating my last ex...weird]

Are you sure you're going to be able to be as loving for #2 as you would be for #3? It sounds like none of the three are viable options.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Are you sure you're going to be able to be as loving for #2 as you would be for #3? It sounds like none of the three are viable options.

I've asked myself the same question. What I have with #2 is alot more mature than what I have with #3, and I've been talking to her almost daily for the past 8 or 9 months. Most of the conversations are very in depth, well thought out, intelligent and last hours and hours. That's a quality I really like. #3 on the other hand, while the feeling is there, I've only been talking to her for about a month now, and yes there's definitely some strong emotional connection, that's about all there is. Now I am usually the one to pick chemistry over logic, but seeing as how I'd never actually see #3, and I'd be able to see and interact with on a fairly regular basis, I do feel #2 is the more logical choice. I do have feelings for #2 don't get me wrong, it just isn't as fresh and vibrant and new as the ones I have found I have for #3, and I don't think it'd be a good decision to throw away what I have with #2 for what's essentially a very frustrating long distance relationship. I do wish to carry my ambiguous status for a nother few months or so, but I really want that week with #3. it's going to be like one of those fairy tales, and we [#3 and I] have already discussed the saddening impossibility of a real relationship so while we will be together for a week, we're cramming everything a real relationship is into those 7 days. Now obviously, That's not going to be very possible if I've committed to #2. Long term wise? #2 is the right choice in every aspect. #3 is and would be a temporary fling. But one of the most epic, passionate, and chemical flings in history.

Rpg...

Honestly that's probably one of the most [bleep]ish things i've read/heard for a long time.

Playing girls like that you really shouldn't deserve any of them. Especially when they obviously feel much more for you than you do for them. Girls aren't toys which you pick and chose when you get bored and tired of them. They deserve as much respect as you give your friends, which from that seems you are giving very little.

Rpg...

Honestly that's probably one of the most [bleep]ish things i've read/heard for a long time.

Playing girls like that you really shouldn't deserve any of them. Especially when they obviously feel much more for you than you do for them. Girls aren't toys which you pick and chose when you get bored and tired of them. They deserve as much respect as you give your friends, which from that seems you are giving very little.

Different views from different people. I understand your standpoint, as it is one that I once shared with great pride. Unfortunately, the way the real world operates, doesn't comply well with such ideals and will leave you miserable and lonely. I'd rather be a happy douche, than a suicidal idealist. I'm not out to hurt anyone, because that's something I would never intentionally do. It's not a matter of "playing girls". It's a matter of dating without commitment, which plenty of people do, and it has been argued on this very thread that commitment at such a young age is against human nature. Who am I to defy nature? My boundaries for moral and immoral are certainly different from yours, but ultimately we have the same goals in mind. I assume you want to be happy, you don't want to hurt anyone, you don't want to be hurt, and you're looking for love. I have the same goals, but different means of pursuing them. Also, please don't assume that I disrespect anyone, or lack affection/care for anyone I may or may not be dating or even just be friends with. i respect everyone equally, and care for everyone I talk to. It is because I care that I'm dancing around like this to avoid hurting people. If I didn't care about feelings at all, I'd have already committed to and inevitably cheated on near all of them. But that's not what I want. I'm not going to enter a committed relationship unless I sure she's the right girl. Until then, it's just about testing the water and dating. If things don't work out, things don't work out. If things go well, the relationship gets kicked up a notch and I'll commit. Out of the 3 girls in question, I would only commit to #2 seeing as how my 'relationship' with #1 obviously lacks the connection I'm looking for, and #3 lives impossibly far away.

As long as you're honest about your intentions there is nothing wrong with dating multiple girls as far as I can see.

I have no idea how to offer advice seeing as you seem to have contradicted yourself in the story a couple times.

Just remember that the person who cares the least in the relationship has the power, but that won't equate to happiness in the long run.

As long as you're honest about your intentions there is nothing wrong with dating multiple girls as far as I can see.

I have no idea how to offer advice seeing as you seem to have contradicted yourself in the story a couple times.

I contradicted myself?

Well that's not a good sign...