"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Why is it every 30 pages or so someone makes that speech?

Because the rest of the time we make speeches about IOIs and flirting.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

It's better than clash of the titans. xD

That's because anything is better than Clash of the Titans.

It could be worse. They could be subjected to The Last Airbender.

oh god, they may as well watch teeth.

Teeth was a great movie. Dunno what you're talking about :rolleyes:

Kim outa nowhere!

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

But I don't think IOI has been said in the past 10 pages at least, until now. In fact, I think the only PUA term that's been said was GFTOG, which really, is just solid advice in general, as long as you don't take it literally...

Anyways, the speech happens because someone always gets annoyed by the fact that really, the advice given usually is about attraction, but that's because once you get a relationship, talking about problems with that isn't seen as vulnerable. Whereas asking for help with getting girls can make you seem vulnerable or "lesser", because men see it as something they need to be able to do. So yes, being yourself and confident is the best way to get the girls you want, but being confident and a "ladies man" is the best way to get any kind of girl.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

But I don't think IOI has been said in the past 10 pages at least, until now. In fact, I think the only PUA term that's been said was GFTOG, which really, is just solid advice in general, as long as you don't take it literally...

Anyways, the speech happens because someone always gets annoyed by the fact that really, the advice given usually is about attraction, but that's because once you get a relationship, talking about problems with that isn't seen as vulnerable. Whereas asking for help with getting girls can make you seem vulnerable or "lesser", because men see it as something they need to be able to do. So yes, being yourself and confident is the best way to get the girls you want, but being confident and a "ladies man" is the best way to get any kind of girl.

Then we must ask ourselves what we truly want: 1 girl to fall in love with, or dozens of girls that we are mutually attracted to?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

People do get too wound up on sex. While I sort of agree with Das, it's not really like there's as much responsibility involved as more just common sense (such as pratising safe sex).

Sex is awesome, but idiots are far too common to have common sense.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Depends, does that one girl love us back?

The answer to that is a risk you have to take. Some will, some won't. But sometimes you gotta dig through a lot of dirt and muck to find your diamond in the rough.

The answer to that is a risk you have to take. Some will, some won't. But sometimes you gotta dig through a lot of dirt and muck to find your diamond in the rough.

Erm, what has happened?

Why is RPG speaking all lyrically/poetically and everybody else is debating love or sex and the implications of their actions? o_O

Erm, what has happened?

Why is RPG speaking all lyrically/poetically and everybody else is debating love or sex and the implications of their actions? o_O

I'm a much deeper person than you guys give me credit for, honest haha

Got a situation that I'd like opinions on. So I've been talking to this girl pretty seriously over the last half a year or so, basically dating. About 3 months i saw her texting another guy and stuff on multiple occasions, I asked about it and she said they are best friends. So I was like alright then. But just last night we were talking and she admitted to me that she lied about this guy and she likes him a lot. But she was telling me that she wasnt sure what she wanted as she liked me a lot as well. My response was basically pick one or the other soon or I'm out. But it's really not what I want to do as I like her a ton. But I think it may be best if i call it if she doesn't decide soon. Am I right on this? Or in what ways could I avoid going to these measures? Any advice in general, related to my questions or not, would be helpful.

pan.png

How long ago did you tell her to make her mind up? Does it look like she's going to make her mind up any time soon, or does she need a gentle push?

Honestly, the ball's in her court. You can't put yourself into a situation where everytime you fall short of perfection she bats you off the other guy. That's just not fair.

I guess another question if she decides on you is where the other guy fits in to this. Gotta admit I wouldn't be happy knowing someone else my girlfriend has liked (and may still like) before is still on the scene. Don't think many would. It's nothing to do with territory, it's just a conflict of interest on her part.

Got a situation that I'd like opinions on. So I've been talking to this girl pretty seriously over the last half a year or so, basically dating. About 3 months i saw her texting another guy and stuff on multiple occasions, I asked about it and she said they are best friends. So I was like alright then. But just last night we were talking and she admitted to me that she lied about this guy and she likes him a lot. But she was telling me that she wasnt sure what she wanted as she liked me a lot as well. My response was basically pick one or the other soon or I'm out. But it's really not what I want to do as I like her a ton. But I think it may be best if i call it if she doesn't decide soon. Am I right on this? Or in what ways could I avoid going to these measures? Any advice in general, related to my questions or not, would be helpful.

I think you made the right call. It's a tough thing to say, especially because the results of the ultimatum do not rest in your hands. But the alternative would be letting her run amuck with you and the other guy, so...out of your options I think you took the right path. Best of luck with it.

If the girl has feelings for another guy her feelings for you won't be a solid as they should be. If she cared about you and the relationship she should realise how damaging a 3rd person and feelings attached can be and therefore put the other guy out the way. However, she obviously hasn't done so and can be seen to be playing you, keeping this guy on a string just incase your relationship falters and keeping you there so she has a back up plan incase this guy moves onwards and elsewhere. Also if he is a friend he should get some respect and get the hell out of there.

So yeah, right choice I think. At the end of the day ending is a better option than be played around, especially when you will find plently of other girls who will treat you much better than she is currently.

(Note, all opinion on my previous relationship which ended much the same.)

How long ago did you tell her to make her mind up? Does it look like she's going to make her mind up any time soon, or does she need a gentle push?

Last night right after she told me. Gave her a time frame of a few days.

I guess another question if she decides on you is where the other guy fits in to this. Gotta admit I wouldn't be happy knowing someone else my girlfriend has liked (and may still like) before is still on the scene. Don't think many would. It's nothing to do with territory, it's just a conflict of interest on her part.

Good point, something I haven't thought of too much yet.

Also if he is a friend he should get some respect and get the hell out of there.

Nah never met the guy.

Thanks to the three of you, the advice/reassurance definitely helps.

pan.png

So I need some opinions here. Here's the full story. I was dating this girl, Sidney, for quite a bit. I really, really liked her. I talked to her 24/7, from the moment I woke up till I went to bed. A real bond developed, or so I thought. One day, I get broken up with, because things just felt akward to her. My first reaction was shock. For the 2 weeks that followed I was feeling a mixture of depression and anger. I also had some sleeping problems. Everything I did, triggered a memory of being with her. Even watching football. She realized how I was feeling and for some odd reason decided to try to help me. I wanted to throw everything in her face, make her feel really bad, but I couldn't. I couldn't bear to think of being that cold to her. And here I am, a month or two later, still having heartache. I'm not really depressed anymore, but I'm sad every now and then. Worst part is I can't move on, and I still miss her, and like her. I guess for anyone to truly understand the degree of how this feels, they had to have been through the same. So, and this is where my question lies, how do I move on?

GG.gif

So I need some opinions here. Here's the full story. I was dating this girl, Sidney, for quite a bit. I really, really liked her. I talked to her 24/7, from the moment I woke up till I went to bed. A real bond developed, or so I thought. One day, I get broken up with, because things just felt akward to her. My first reaction was shock. For the 2 weeks that followed I was feeling a mixture of depression and anger. I also had some sleeping problems. Everything I did, triggered a memory of being with her. Even watching football. She realized how I was feeling and for some odd reason decided to try to help me. I wanted to throw everything in her face, make her feel really bad, but I couldn't. I couldn't bear to think of being that cold to her. And here I am, a month or two later, still having heartache. I'm not really depressed anymore, but I'm sad every now and then. Worst part is I can't move on, and I still miss her, and like her. I guess for anyone to truly understand the degree of how this feels, they had to have been through the same. So, and this is where my question lies, how do I move on?

I sound like a broken record, but go out and meet new people. A new group of people to hang with, with new females [and males]. This will help you leave behind things that remind you of being sad, and give you new things to be interested in. Inevitably you'll find yourself liking new girls.

I sound like a broken record, but go out and meet new people. A new group of people to hang with, with new females [and males]. This will help you leave behind things that remind you of being sad, and give you new things to be interested in. Inevitably you'll find yourself liking new girls.

Yes.. it seems January is the month for relationships ending as that question has appeared the most in the past few weeks and the advice is always the same.

You're problem lies in your dependence upon her for your happines so a good thing to remember is that you can always do better. You're young, you have a good life ahead of you filled with other girls who will make you even happier than Sidney did so don't get hung up on her. Learn from you're mistakes and move onwards by following what RPG said.

Don't talk to her. The little sand castle you've built in you're head to block out the memories will get knocked flat by the tidal wave of emotions/memories a conversation can cause. All it takes is a spark and you will find yourself back at stage one of getting over her, probably more depressed and sorry for yourself than you previously were.

Join a new club or activity. Meet new people. Best way to show other people you're not living in the past is to get on with life and develop as a person. You'll regain confidence, self-esteem and it'll take your mind off things.

Given she put you there, is it really for the best that she's trying to drag you out of the myre?

I definitely wouldn't be talking to her or anything if you are trying to get over her. That really can't be helping.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I definitely wouldn't be talking to her or anything if you are trying to get over her. That really can't be helping.

Mhmm. Talking to a girl after a break-up when you're feeling heartache is the worst thing to do. And by girl I mean your ex, so we're clear. Anyway, I know from experience that's a bad thing. Like everyone else has said, it brings back ALL those feelings you had and you remember the good times. You'll remember how happy you were, and you'll want those feelings back. What I found works, and what I did recently with an ex of mine, was this: I was having SEVERE anxiety issues and stuff regarding this girl. It happened because I was out with friends and SHE WAS THERE. She was there hanging out with us. Yeah, I know, oh shi-. Anyway, a couple days layer she started texting me. Saying how much she missed me and crap. I couldn't deal with that, I'm in a relationship after all. So I called her and told her exactly what was up. Whch is that I couldn't deal with it. She made me have anxiety issues, it was causing problems with my current relationship and that I couldn't talk to her anymore. At least until I'm satisfied with my ability to control my feelings. I hope that makes sense, I kind of rambled lol.

Yeah. She talked to comfort me. I talked to her just to have a reason to. That ended like 2 weeks ago.

Well that is good, in the sense that now you can start to rebuild. I'd do what most of the other guys are saying. Go hang out with some friends, try and avoid contact with her. Meet some new girls and all that.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Be sure to tell her you understand she's trying to help you get over her, but that it's not helping. She feels bad for hurting you and if you start avoiding her she'll get the impression you hold a grudge against her (and you don't; good job on that, by the way).

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I was just hit with an overwhelming feeling that something is about to go terribly wrong. Not cool. Stupid feelings....