"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Depends, does that one girl love us back?

The answer to that is a risk you have to take. Some will, some won't. But sometimes you gotta dig through a lot of dirt and muck to find your diamond in the rough.

Which brings us back to knowing attraction, so you actually can dig through the dirt and muck.

Okay, I'm back before expected.

I'll elaborate on the situation if need be but it's the same as before with the large group of friends and the girl who doesn't start conversations with me, although will talk and bond happily for hours onec the conversation is started.

The trip to NY we are both going on is 9-10 days away, and we both celebrate our 18th birthday during this week or so leading upto the trip. Hers the 31st Jan, mine the 7th Feb.

I feel however though that our friends are starting to notice the way we act. some often make joking and unhelpful comments about me and her when we are around. She is beginning to latch on to the fact I like her and I'm not sure what she feels back.

Just a couple of questions:

How should I act when these comments are made around us? what disposition should I take up?

And also, what Is she likely to be thinking in this situation, assuming it isn't entirely personality dependant.

Should I act now or leave it till the heat of February has died?

i.e Birthdays = important family time and things > New York = perfect time, but we will NEVER be alone together over the course of the trip. > Valentine's Day = cheesy and cliche, need i say more?.

Thanks for the advice in advance

If your friends tease you, say "you jealous?" or something like that. Don't pretend nothing's happening. She's likely to be thinking "this is embarrassing".

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Thanks for the fast reply, and I wouldnt call it teasing...

certainly nothing which could signify jealousy anyway...

also given that the comments are also coming from other girls, some of whom are already in relationships.

do you think this could be part of the reason why she is so shy around me?

I'm not saying your friends are jealous. They're just cracking a joke, nudge nudge and all. Crack a joke back, in the form of "you jealous?" or, if it's a girl teasing, say "is she making you jealous?" (even better, as it's making it sound like you're a catch).

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

^see?

Don't be afraid to come off as just a tad arrogant. If you're funny, people will like it.

^see?

Don't be afraid to come off as just a tad arrogant. If you're funny, people will like it.

Or you can totally [bleep] it up and make the girl really question why she should go out with an arrogant sod.

Tred carefully with that, you can easily over do it

From the posts I've read it looks like that won't be an issue in the near future.

Not to enter the 'girls like X and Y' territory, but people in general don't usually like hanging around nervous wrecks, when there's someone else totally at ease with themselves.

True but if the guy comes across arrogant, cocky ect i'm pretty sure the girls don't like that either.

More on topic: Is there a chance that any of you are musical and would like to explain a concerto to me? My ex started making this when we were going out and is still working on the second part/main version of it for some reason..

More on topic: Is there a chance that any of you are musical and would like to explain a concerto to me? My ex started making this when we were going out and is still working on the second part/main version of it for some reason..

A Concerto normally refers to classical music and is a piece split up into three movements, one of which is normally an extended solo section. They normally feel slightly like three different songs because of the breaks between music, but they are normally still thematically connected. Classical music is incredibly difficult to compose with all of the different instruments being played and transposition into different keys and such, It's natural that it would take a while.

It shouldn't come off arrogant: only if you mess it up somehow! Depending on how in character it is for you, you could try for wry self depreciation - if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

Also, humour is sexy. <3:

wry self depreciation

Be careful with this, it's a lot easier to go overboard.

Could do both? Self-confidence mixed with the ability to laugh at one's self. Two golden qualities to look for in any walk of life.

You need to be mindful about acting in a way that doesn't suit you, though. I mean, saying you should act all cocky is one thing, but if you're just not that kind of person, it'll only come off looking silly and pretentious. Much like Jagex and their setting of democratic polls.

Anyone can talk, can you back it up with substance?

There's an old saying from japan that said 'life always has a predetermined order of things, and a failure in one direction usually equals a benefit in another', meaning that even if you think you've failed at doing something (ie: finding true love), chances are you've probably succeeded in finding something else (ie: a successful career/social life). People will always have their downfalls/benefits, it is personal importance which decides what we think is worth having.

div>

There's an old saying from japan that said 'life always has a predetermined order of things, and a failure in one direction usually equals a benefit in another', meaning that even if you think you've failed at doing something (ie: finding true love), chances are you've probably succeeded in finding something else (ie: a successful career/social life). People will always have their downfalls/benefits, it is personal importance which decides what we think is worth having.

And in America we got this thing if you're not getting laid you're a big loser.

Love it when cultures mix and [cabbage].

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

And in America we got this thing if you're not getting laid you're a big loser.

Love it when cultures mix and [cabbage].

<3 that response

though what foursideking says has some meaning and insight behind it. Opurtunity cost isn't always a detriment.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn