"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Ranqe, I'd be friends with her regardless. I can move on if it's for her happiness. I really care about her above and beyond physical attraction or angsty teen love.

Ah. If you love someone, don't be friends with them. It's unfair to both of you. You may think you can control yourself, but you will only make yourself sad. You'll love her with all your heart, but if she feels nothing ... Better to move on. But not to remain friends with her. And if she tries to remain friends with you, but admits she feels nothing, you need to move on. That is a wholly one-way relationship (I might not be making much sense: I believe any relationship you hold dear should be a 100/0 burden[not 60/40, not even 50/50], preferably for both people), and she is just using you for affection. Loving someone with all your heart is an amazing and rewarding thing, one that requires no mere reward physically. But when there's nothing there for her, it's... It's hard. It's hard to see her make mistakes. It is hard to see her get her heart broken, over and over. Hard to see her live a life like that when you can give her everything she wants and more.

You just need to tell her. I'm a fan of big, romantic gestures, but I picture things differently than other people, or, indeed, the real world. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. All that really needs to be done is a serious talk, where you tell her you love her. Don't just leave it at that. Give her good reasons. Tell her you don't intend for it to be some sort of ultimatum. You just thought she deserved to know how you felt. And that you would like to know if there's anything there.

Hm. Wrote a lot more that I expected. Probably gave away a bit as well.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

The vast, vast majority of girls I've met make it out to be.

The vast majority of people make it out to be :P

Yes; I don't want to be laughed at or accused of doing things I couldn't help. That's why when I get drunk, I do it alone in the quiet comforts of my bedroom.

Follow me on Twitter. God will love you.

Ranqe, I'd be friends with her regardless. I can move on if it's for her happiness. I really care about her above and beyond physical attraction or angsty teen love.

Ah. If you love someone, don't be friends with them. It's unfair to both of you. You may think you can control yourself, but you will only make yourself sad. You'll love her with all your heart, but if she feels nothing ... Better to move on. But not to remain friends with her. And if she tries to remain friends with you, but admits she feels nothing, you need to move on. That is a wholly one-way relationship (I might not be making much sense: I believe any relationship you hold dear should be a 100/0 burden[not 60/40, not even 50/50], preferably for both people), and she is just using you for affection. Loving someone with all your heart is an amazing and rewarding thing, one that requires no mere reward physically. But when there's nothing there for her, it's... It's hard. It's hard to see her make mistakes. It is hard to see her get her heart broken, over and over. Hard to see her live a life like that when you can give her everything she wants and more.

You just need to tell her. I'm a fan of big, romantic gestures, but I picture things differently than other people, or, indeed, the real world. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. All that really needs to be done is a serious talk, where you tell her you love her. Don't just leave it at that. Give her good reasons. Tell her you don't intend for it to be some sort of ultimatum. You just thought she deserved to know how you felt. And that you would like to know if there's anything there.

Hm. Wrote a lot more that I expected. Probably gave away a bit as well.

You've been there as well. Not a good place to be...

Edit: Re reading that it's not that one line I agree with (italics) it's pretty much everything. Also time to confront my out of control 'girlfriend.'

Edit x2: How the [bleep] do they always make it your fault. Eurghh

CURSE YOU MYSPACE ANGLE PICTURE TAKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Didn't realize I was with a butter...body until WAY to late. That's what I get for not doing my homework.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Didn't realize I was with a butter...body until WAY to late. That's what I get for not doing my homework.

Don't base anything on someone's online pictures.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Don't base anything on someone's online pictures.

Learned that lesson the hard way. Ugh.

Ok, I think I've finally come up with a question to ask.

Her family are real heavy drinkers. My family doesn't drink at all.

I just don't know if I should be looking at this as a dealbreaker or not. So my question is, should I?

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I just don't know if I should be looking at this as a dealbreaker or not. So my question is, should I?

How much does it really bother you? If they ask you to drink with them or something, just politely say "No thanks, I don't drink". If SHE drinks however, and it bothers you, well then that is your choice. Don't judge her based on her parent's choices I say.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

How much does it really bother you? If they ask you to drink with them or something, just politely say "No thanks, I don't drink". If SHE drinks however, and it bothers you, well then that is your choice. Don't judge her based on her parent's choices I say.

I was going to say this basically. You're dating her, not her family. So what her family does isn't really significant, and shouldn't be. If her habits bother you, it's something to take into consideration. Personally, I don't think i could date a heavy drinker, but that's just me. Depends on how much you like her I suppose.

I wouldn't say what her family does is completely irrelevant. If she's a heavy drinker, and that bugs you, that's a no then. Otherwise, it's up to you..

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I wouldn't say what her family does is completely irrelevant. If she's a heavy drinker, and that bugs you, that's a no then. Otherwise, it's up to you..

Couldn't of said it better.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

What do you follow, head or the heart?

Usually my penis to be honest. Then my heart of course. Regret hurts worse than failure. You feel with your heart, it's only right it should lead the way.

What do you follow, head or the heart?

Usually my penis to be honest. Then my heart of course. Regret hurts worse than failure. You feel with your heart, it's only right it should lead the way.

:/ but what happens if the heart is leading you down routes which you will only get hurt?

To further expand upon my problems with my girlfriend, on top of that list I wrote i've now got:

- Calling me up to ask me to go out. Good thing yes but:

i) She didn't speak to me at all

ii)pretended like I didn't exist

iii) Walked as far away as possible

iiii) Just walked off home without telling me

Really should I continue with what my heart is saying or listen to my head and walk away?

Walk away.

I don't know if you've had a serious chat with her about all this, but if you haven't then do that first. See how she reacts, if she improves, etc. If she carries on in the same fashion, you need to walk away. Maybe you love her (but if you do, my first question would honestly be "why?") but is she really making you happy? You should hold out for someone who you love and who can reciprocate that love and make you happy. You deserve better than what she's giving you.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

A break is the outcome of a conversation... We will then evaluate the relationship further >.<

I suppose talking to somebody for 2+ hours every night since the 6th of June is a lot of time...

Ask yourself this question, and you'll have the answer you need:

Would you regret it more if you did, or didn't do it?

In your case, I'd "recommend" getting rid of your girl, cause your previous post she didn't come off as a very good person, but I made posts worse than that for months and months and months, and months, and continually made the same "mistake" over and over again, without fail, despite being advised against it so frequently. I still don't regret it per-say, but I definitely would have benefited from just letting go and moving on with my life. If I remember correctly, your girl told you to piss off cause you cared, hits on her ex infront of you, and hits on your friends.

Thats not a quality chick, but I'm not one to judge you for trying to patch it up anyway. Just let me warn you, that when you look back on the decisions you make in years to come, what will you think you wished you would have done? Make decisions that would make future you proud.

Goddamnit.

My girlfriend went home early yesterday, feeling terrible because of pains (it's that time of the month). Literally got to see her for about an hour and a half (I haven't really been with her this week), yet today, she's with her friends ALL DAY. Just seems a little unfair since she's always with her friends at school, and I hardly get to see her there.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Goddamnit.

My girlfriend went home early yesterday, feeling terrible because of pains (it's that time of the month). Literally got to see her for about an hour and a half (I haven't really been with her this week), yet today, she's with her friends ALL DAY. Just seems a little unfair since she's always with her friends at school, and I hardly get to see her there.

At school or hanging out afterwards? If the former, you really can't complain about her going to school. Missing school can really suck so there have been a few times where I felt TERRIBLE but went to school anyway because I didn't want to miss classes and have to make up a ton of work.

If the latter, maybe she was feeling better?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

She protested of feeling terrible yesterday, yet she was perfectly fine today as far as I can tell. She has done this before.

While it could be possible that she's lying to you, it could also be possible that she's telling the truth. During that time of month, it is not uncommon for me to feel like complete and total crap one day (usually the first or second day) and feel loads better the next.

I guess it depends on whether this happens once a month or frequently throughout the month (regardless of whether it's that time or not).

Posted Image