"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Remember the girl I was 'obsessed' over and asked multiple times on this thread how i should pursue the situation [refresher course: she might have been lesbian, she had a girlfrend, i wasn't sure yadda yadda]

Well, stupid me, I never did ask her. BUT, now I come with a decision that I would like input on. And every time I feel certain in a choice, something happens to make me question it. See, I bought myself two tickets to see this kickass concert in March. So ultimately, I have until then to come to a conclusion. But anyway, this girls been flirting with me alot likely trying to coerce me into taking her. Which seems like the obvious choice. Right? Problem being I wanted to take my best friend [dude] and have the time of my life rocking out to my favorite band with my favorite person [and potentially meet a girl there that's just as awesome as the one I'm talking about now, only less-not-into-guys]. As of right now I told my buddy, if I can't find a date I'm taking him. And as of right now I plan on taking him. But this girl has got me tripping hard. My only problem is my own cynicism in that she's only flirting with me to take her, and then she'll just ditch me [i fear being used/victimized to gold diggers alot].

is this fear irrational?

who does OT think i should take to the concert?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Remember the girl I was 'obsessed' over and asked multiple times on this thread how i should pursue the situation [refresher course: she might have been lesbian, she had a girlfrend, i wasn't sure yadda yadda]

Well, stupid me, I never did ask her. BUT, now I come with a decision that I would like input on. And every time I feel certain in a choice, something happens to make me question it. See, I bought myself two tickets to see this kickass concert in March. So ultimately, I have until then to come to a conclusion. But anyway, this girls been flirting with me alot likely trying to coerce me into taking her. Which seems like the obvious choice. Right? Problem being I wanted to take my best friend [dude] and have the time of my life rocking out to my favorite band with my favorite person [and potentially meet a girl there that's just as awesome as the one I'm talking about now, only less-not-into-guys]. As of right now I told my buddy, if I can't find a date I'm taking him. And as of right now I plan on taking him. But this girl has got me tripping hard. My only problem is my own cynicism in that she's only flirting with me to take her, and then she'll just ditch me [i fear being used/victimized to gold diggers alot].

is this fear irrational?

Can't really help you on that... You could ask her about her sexual orientation for a start.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

is this fear irrational?

Take your best friend. You're at a concert, and I wouldn't consider that the best date idea, unless she's really into the band and is going to rock out just as hard as you. Think about what you just said "THE TIME OF MY LIFE rocking out to my favourite band with my favourite person".

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

is this fear irrational?

Take your best friend. You're at a concert, and I wouldn't consider that the best date idea, unless she's really into the band and is going to rock out just as hard as you. Think about what you just said "THE TIME OF MY LIFE rocking out to my favourite band with my favourite person".

she's probably just as into them as I am. Atleast almost so, I'm not gonna downplay my own fandom here. But yeah, that's why I'm still leaning toward my buddy. As for her true sexual orientation? I'm 99.9% sure she's not into guys. I know theres this one gay guy she calls her "exception" which is the joke between the two of them [and she is his] but whatever. Unless something crazy happens in the next couple months, I'm taking my buddy.

Well if she's definitely a lesbian there's nothing there, obviously your friend sounds like a better choice. What band?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Well if she's definitely a lesbian there's nothing there, obviously your friend sounds like a better choice. What band?

A Day to Remember touring with Bring me the Horizon, We Came as Romans, and Pierce the Veil.

Hate all you want, this line up is like a wet dream to me. Anywho, yeah. Male buddy it is.

All I have to say is, NEVER GET INVOLVED WITH ANY GIRL THAT HAS A BOYFRIEND. No one wins, trust me. That is all.

Sound tip.

Yeah, I've been in that situation before. Its no bueno.

A Day to Remember touring with Bring me the Horizon, We Came as Romans, and Pierce the Veil.

Hate all you want, this line up is like a wet dream to me. Anywho, yeah. Male buddy it is.

I think i just creamed myself. That would be awesome.

raisinssig.png

Hate all you want

Way ahead of you... :P

Told my girlfriend that I loved her for the first time a week ago :). Feels so good saying it everyday and her saying it back!

How long you two been going out?

Officially 4 months but we've been seeing each other for a total of around 6.

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

SO.... I don't know where to put this... it's been so long...

However, I have been separated from my ex fiance' for a year now and have been dating somebody else for the last 6 months.

Do you think being together for a year is too soon to get re-engaged if you love one another?? (I have put him through trials such as changing [cabbage]ty diapers and bathing).

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

However, I have been separated from my ex fiance' for a year now and have been dating somebody else for the last 6 months.

Do you think being together for a year is too soon to get re-engaged if you love one another?? (I have put him through trials such as changing [cabbage]ty diapers and bathing).

If he stayed with you through that and you both really love each other then i say go for it! :D

raisinssig.png

first let me say this:

IGoddessI, I love you. You've inspired me in ways I don't think you'll ever get the chance to see or understand.

now back to your question:

I don't think it's too soon if your feelings are true, and he's truly the right guy for you. Why deny the right guy something for a period of time simply for social acceptability? Surely its a large commitment, but you have full understanding of that, seeing as how you've been there before. I wish you and your boyfriend [fiance?] the best of luck.

It's nice to hear from you again :)

first let me say this:

IGoddessI, I love you. You've inspired me in ways I don't think you'll ever get the chance to see or understand.

now back to your question:

I don't think it's too soon if your feelings are true, and he's truly the right guy for you. Why deny the right guy something for a period of time simply for social acceptability? Surely its a large commitment, but you have full understanding of that, seeing as how you've been there before. I wish you and your boyfriend [fiance?] the best of luck.

It's nice to hear from you again :)

Well put sir, well put.

raisinssig.png

But then again, why take the leap right now when many when you could be sure if you waited another 6+ months? There isn't really anything you can't do because you're not married, but maybe I'm just a cynic.

A year between engagements isn't too soon - a six month relationship is too soon. I'd give it another six months at least, if it's meant to be you'll be just as great then as you are now.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Food for thought: one of the psych studies I read this year said, in a nutshell, that one of the biggest predictors of a failing marriage is rushing into it by not waiting at least a full year following a prior marriage.

Though that entails a prior divorce, so...

77yLQy8.png

In the end you're going to follow your emotions but I would still say to wait and avoid potential heartache. That's my logical advice though, and logic doesn't mix with love. I'm going to say slow down, wait it out, and let life catch up a little bit. The last thing you want is to develop a reputation for quickly jumping into marriages that lead to divorce.

First time I'll be posting FOR help in a long time.

Thic chick im interested in, shes become single. She wants a stable relationship and so do I. the problem is, she only came out of a rough relationship a week ago:

Dated her ex back in Feb 2009, he treated her like crap all the time, he proposed to her but still said she dresses like a [bleep], she cant see her friends etc etc. Basically he kept her because he was terrified she'd leave him. (and I've known her long enough she wouldn't do that).

Then last week he texted to her its over. dumped. thru his phone instead in person.

bringing you back up to speed, she wants to move on but shes still feeling a bit confused, and sadly there are other guys trying to make the pounce, both my mates. One lives on the other side of Aus and is only here until the 10th, the other dated her before (he [rooster]-blocked me to get into her) but she doesn't want a relationship with him. I've ALWAYS stept aside for my friends to date women but enough is enough. Its about time they made a [bleep]ing sacrifice and step aside for me for once. The problem I have is this:

How do I ask her out and when would be the idea time. Keeping in mind I haven't been in a relationship since I was 18 (two years ago)

tl;dr - chick is single but confused, mates attempting to [rooster]-block me, I want to date her.

Popoto.~<3

I think I just invoked one of the best gambits ever.

Recently, I had a girlfriend, but she was straying away towards a much lesser individual. I know this dude's not very smart, or intelligent. Rather than going jealous and killing the relationship before it even starts, I figured I could remove this guy from the equation easily enough, BUT there was a failure condition: This could horribly, horribly backfire against me. The plan: Just outright break up with her and let her be interested in this guy, after all, we've only dated for two weeks or so. I break up with her and let her go after this guy, and two weeks after dealing with this guy, his true nature comes forth: A jealous, needy, generally terrible guy. She came back to me, so the plan worked well. If this guy was in fact a genuinely nice guy, well, let's not go there.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

First time I'll be posting FOR help in a long time.

Thic chick im interested in, shes become single. She wants a stable relationship and so do I. the problem is, she only came out of a rough relationship a week ago:

Dated her ex back in Feb 2009, he treated her like crap all the time, he proposed to her but still said she dresses like a [bleep], she cant see her friends etc etc. Basically he kept her because he was terrified she'd leave him. (and I've known her long enough she wouldn't do that).

Then last week he texted to her its over. dumped. thru his phone instead in person.

bringing you back up to speed, she wants to move on but shes still feeling a bit confused, and sadly there are other guys trying to make the pounce, both my mates. One lives on the other side of Aus and is only here until the 10th, the other dated her before (he [rooster]-blocked me to get into her) but she doesn't want a relationship with him. I've ALWAYS stept aside for my friends to date women but enough is enough. Its about time they made a [bleep]ing sacrifice and step aside for me for once. The problem I have is this:

How do I ask her out and when would be the idea time. Keeping in mind I haven't been in a relationship since I was 18 (two years ago)

tl;dr - chick is single but confused, mates attempting to [rooster]-block me, I want to date her.

a) I don't think she'll follow the first one across Australia so that's basically a non-issue.

b) Tell your second friend to leave you some room. Don't let them step on your toes.

c) I don't know what you mean when you say she's confused. I would say, do the normal flirting thing, but give her a fair amount of space. Don't move too fast, you'll spook her. Wait for real, sure indicators of interest before you make the big move.

d) Asking her out shouldn't be the moment of revelation when you learn whether a girl is into you or not. By that time, you should already know she's into you.

Just ask her to coffee or dinner. Or maybe something a little more fun.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I think I'm in love.

This could get interesting.

I think I'm in love.

This could get interesting.

Still, tread carefully. Be polite, be efficient, and have a plan to f**k every girl you meet.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.