"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

snip

:D It was only a matter of time before that showed up.

As far as the whole "love" debate, you both are right. However, marriage isn't always a bad thing. Not only are there legal benefits and is it better for raising a family (your "biological" goal), but it's psychologically beneficial. Think about it - having somebody you care about, for whatever reason, and knowing he/she cares about you and you can trust each other unconditionally. Of course it's idealistic, and rarely happens perfectly, but is it really worse than living your life as a drifter? As some guy once said, "He who has many friends has no friends, and is FOREVER ALONE." Or something.

Maybe the debate could be moved to the philosophy thread. Mods have a splice tool, right?

I have really high standards. All my friends say I'm crazy for saying no to X or Y opportunity, or for not thinking A or B celebrity is hot. This has nothing to do with peer pressure, but I can't seem to find anyone worthwhile. There's always something wrong with her physique or personality.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

You can't get yourself to say that you're right and she's wrong, is that what you're saying?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

You need to take a stand. If she knows what's good for her, she'll be okay with it. Girls don't like it when you let them walk all over you. And if they do/she gets hurt, something's not right.

You need to take a stand. If she knows what's good for her, she'll be okay with it. Girls don't like it when you let them walk all over you. And if they do/she gets hurt, something's not right.

This, plus if she's having a go at you over nothing there's probably something else going on.

Certainly don't ignore her.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

How can I politely tell a friend of my girlfriend to stop being such a mean, manipulative person?

This girl is actually doing my nut in, just constantly taking the mick and just genuinely firing subtle but harsh insults at me.

Perhaps it would just be better if I just left my girlfriend, seems it would make people a whole lot more happy.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I'm curious as to how your girlfriend responded to that? I really do feel like it's her responsibility to put an end to it, especially if she's present when the insults are made (is she?). If someone were insulting my boyfriend in front of me - best friend or not - I'd definitely tell them to STFU.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Take it into your own hands then. You're a grown man. Confront the friend and your girlfriend yourself. The friend needs to be put in her place and your girlfriend has to know why it's wrong that her 'friend' isn't stopping and she's not helping. You both come first and if other people interfere with any individual in the relationship, it's going to affect the whole thing. Lines have to be drawn.

hzvjpwS.gif

Some of the time she is. She has told her to "shut up" a few times but I don't think her friend is really registering it.

The annoying thing is my girlfriend and this other girl will always organise stuff days in advance and she/they only seem to tell me on the day or when I ask if I can meet up with my girlfriend. I always put myself out for her, I don't really feel as though I get that back.

Is it just better to break it off?

I think the phrase "Relationships shouldn't ruin a friendship, but friendships shouldn't ruin a relationship either" rings true here.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

If you truly love and care about your girlfriend and enjoy spending time with her, don't break up with her just because her friend is giving you hell. Sit down with your girlfriend, talk to her about her friend's actions (and any other concerns you have) and encourage her to have a similar sit down with her friend. Telling her off in the moment is good but if the friend isn't getting it, then she and your girlfriend need to have a more proper sit down and talk about it.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

First off, no matter how much criticism you get for being with Ellen, don't pay any attention to it. It won't make people any happier, that's for sure. If I were you, I'd confront her friend myself, in her presence.

I would wait until you are with your girlfriend and her friend again, and if/when she insults you again, just ask something like "What is that supposed to mean?". If she just blows it off like it was nothing, keep pressing the question until you get an answer.

Hope it doesn't turn into something stupid like her friend trying to break you guys up so she can try and get with her or something.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!