"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

For 60+ I haven't really thought that far ahead... I'm not too worried about it, I've got a lot of hope for the future. If you really want me to I can try to put together a day in the life of 60-year-old muggi lol. But I don't have time tonight :P

Do you think it's conceivable that your priorities might change when you are no longer able to live the same lifestyle as can as a young man?

I have thought a little about what women "should" do as far as polyamory and aging goes, though. Honestly, I feel bad for women. The older they get, the less attractive they become. They've got the odds against them when it comes to that kind of thing :( Without giving this too much thought, I'd say that by that age women should be doing more "motherly" things rather than sexual/romantic things.

Basically I think the male and female "agendas" aren't very compatible.

Men get just as unattractive as women when they get old - that's the general rule. Women generally care less about physical appearance than men do, that's the difference.

There are exceptions to the rule of course (Helen Mirren, anyone?)

I won't toot the "sexism" horn, but if women should be doing motherly things in their old age, why should men not be doing fatherly things?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Just think about men like Harrison Ford and George Clooney. They're old but I'm sure a lot of young women would drop their panties for them w/o hesitation :P

All that proves is that there are some attractive older men. What about Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry? I'm not a man but I assume those are generally attractive women and they're all in their 40s.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Celebritys and models aren't real people to make that comparison on either end of the spectrum

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Dammit.

I was going to ask her out today but I think I legitimately had an anxiety attack during the last five minutes of class. I was literally shaking all over.

How do I get over this?

Dammit.

I was going to ask her out today but I think I legitimately had an anxiety attack during the last five minutes of class. I was literally shaking all over.

How do I get over this?

Stop being afraid of failure.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Dammit.

How do I get over this?

Stop being afraid of failure.

You get over it by doing it and seeing that it isnt as bad as you think.

Your imagination makes everything way better than it actually will be.

And contrary your imagination makes everything seem worse than it actually will be.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Yeah, about taking that girl out for Valentines'... Turns out we went out and then in course of random chit-chat I found out she never had a bf, never had a kiss, thinks she saves her 'til university (1 and a half years, gl with that! :D), thinks dating a classmate would be incest and isn't interested in any guys in the class as anything other than friends. Even though in reality I was only 1 year in the same class as she was, I see her like once a day and we don't have classes together. So I didn't make a move for she was clearly not interested and I found out I am really-really rubbish even attempting flirting.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

thinks dating a classmate would be incest

wat o_O I'm sorry it didn't work out but honestly it kind of sounds like you're better off. ^ That comment makes me wtf.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Well, she is really a social girl and befriends everyone and likes to think of everyone in class like real brothers and sisters or something, at least how I have understood. Thus, dating one would be incest, even though I know we have at least 2 pairs on the class.

Anyways, our classes are really [bleep]ed up, last year all 60 of us went to the same classes, in groups of 30 which were lotteried after every term. Thus everyone got to know each other. This year, 30 of us got to study by the IB plan and the rest follow the national curriculum, so even though formally we still like are a single class we don't share any classes besides the classteachers's (or whatever it is, where class teachers give announcements and we talk about class trips and so on). So some of us still think of us as people in the same class, while people who joined this year ([bleep]ing diplomats' kids, got in for free to the IB by a contract with foreign ministry, us others had to compete and take tests for those spots) think we are 2 totally different classes.

*End of reply to Tripsis*

About other ways of flirting, teasing is what I've heard is the most succesful one. Someone posted a link of Matt Damon flirting with some lady on a bus,(from a movie, ofc) which was quite a good example.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

For that, I'd say touching. Seemingly random, yet thoughtfully performed. Simple touch to the hand like simply passing by, fixing a girl's hair, picking a straw/hair whatever off shoulder, foot-tag under a table :). Yet, I am too shy to try those things, too afraid of I don't know what.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

For 60+ I haven't really thought that far ahead... I'm not too worried about it, I've got a lot of hope for the future. If you really want me to I can try to put together a day in the life of 60-year-old muggi lol. But I don't have time tonight :P

Do you think it's conceivable that your priorities might change when you are no longer able to live the same lifestyle as can as a young man?

My top priority is to be happy, and I don't think that will ever change. Some of my "sub-priorities" might change along the way, but I'll always remain happy. None of my sub-priorities require monogamy/marriage to fulfill, btw (this includes love, companionship, and sex)

Men get just as unattractive as women when they get old - that's the general rule. Women generally care less about physical appearance than men do, that's the difference.

I might agree with you when you say, "men get just as unattractive as women when they get old." However, if you're also trying to say, "men get just as unattractive as women as they get older," then I completely disagree.

There are exceptions to the rule of course (Helen Mirren, anyone?)

I won't toot the "sexism" horn, but if women should be doing motherly things in their old age, why should men not be doing fatherly things?

I didn't say they shouldn't. My point was that women will have a really hard time meeting attractive men the older they get, as opposed to men who can find attractive partners for much longer.

Just think about men like Harrison Ford and George Clooney. They're old but I'm sure a lot of young women would drop their panties for them w/o hesitation :P

All that proves is that there are some attractive older men. What about Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry? I'm not a man but I assume those are generally attractive women and they're all in their 40s.

They're attractive for their age, but not really attractive in general, IMO. I see hundreds of more attractive girls every day walking through campus.

77yLQy8.png

So monogamy cannot equal happiness?

Not applied to you, we know that already, but us, those who choose to follow it?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

So monogamy cannot equal happiness?

Not applied to you, we know that already, but us, those who choose to follow it?

Happiness comes from within.

Also though when it comes to happiness, there's eliminating negative things from your life (carefreeness) and learning to appreciate the good things in your life (gratitude).

My basic argument is that long-term monogamy is a threat to everyone's happiness in the long run unless they live boring lives.

77yLQy8.png