"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Majority of people who have that mindset are bitter

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Majority of women on those sites are insanely picky and its litteraly a case of sterotyping in order to find the man they want

I still think it's more of a last resort thing where they're pretty much up for anyone. I mean, why would they be on an online dating site if they were landing every guy they wanted?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The reason why I consider online dating to be the "best" overall method in the long run is simply because in any other situation (at a bar, at a grocery store, within your social circle), you can only "approach" one girl at a time. With online game, you can approach dozens of girls simultaneously, then sit back and continue onwards with the "interested" ones. Much better than wasting your time talking to girls one at a time, who may or may not actually be interested in you.

I can understand why you'd think that online game could be considered a "last resort" or "desperate" for many people. But for those of us who are neither desperate nor at their last resort, wouldn't you agree that it's the smartest method of fulfilling your relationship needs? Do you think I really care if the girls are desperate, as long as I think they're attractive? I can totally understand your beliefs, as I too held those same beliefs for quite some time. But if you really think about it, do you really think those beliefs are justified/legitimate/logical, considering my goals and attitudes/beliefs?

If the girls are indeed "desperate and at their last resort," and actually turn out to be "bad" people, then they'll weed themselves out later automatically. If any red flags go off on a first date, I'll simply not continue with them. If they turn out to be drama-queens or law-breakers once I get to know them on an intimate level, once again I'll simply choose to quit seeing them. But I really think girls like that are a rare breed.

Also-- what Tim said regarding pickiness is more or less accurate. It's basic psychology that on a dating site, you'll look through people's photos, see one photo you don't like, and instantly say "no thanks" to that person. People are looking for excuses not to be with the person they're examining because they're looking for their soul mate/"perfect" match... which is why I've tried to be as concise as possible on my own profile :P As a matter of fact, on OKCupid I had to answer a series of random questions so they could "match" me with other people (God help me). I had to skip the majority of the questions because they were just plain ridiculous/irrelevant. I swear the site owners are trying to [rooster]-block me :P

Another "deal-breaker" for me when choosing online game was the issue of pregnancy/STDs (again, in the long run)...

Ex:

BarGamer goes to the bar on a weekly basis; has a one-night-stand every time. That's 50 different girls per year.

OnlineGamer gets online and goes on dates until he has about 3-4 girls he likes to keep around. Assuming his relationship management skills are adequate, that's only about 3-4 new girls per year (or several months)-- a very significant decrease in the risk of STDs and such.

(obviously not real statistics, but hopefully you get my point)

77yLQy8.png

Whats your worst case scenario?

Knowing your relationship has an experiration date or having a major fight with fallout dividing you from your other?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Well I think the worst case scenario in any sort of relationship is that it comes to an end (permanently).

But going back to one of the key points I try to mercilessly hammer through everybody's skulls around here-- the happier you are while you're single, the less devastated you'll be if/when that actually happens to your relationship.

I posted back in October about how I had a fallout situation with a girl I'd known for about 2 years. It can be very hard losing a close friend like that, but it's amazing how quickly you can adapt if you really commit to the process of letting go... and how confident that'll make you regarding future relationships, knowing that you've been through the worst and came out stronger.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Majority of women on those sites are insanely picky and its litteraly a case of sterotyping in order to find the man they want

I still think it's more of a last resort thing where they're pretty much up for anyone. I mean, why would they be on an online dating site if they were landing every guy they wanted?

Personal experience anyway, but I know online sites a lot of people have the same mindset as muggi said, they think "oh its no matter there's easily someone else to hit on etc, and it goes insanely much more for women because there's a much larger male ratio then women on dating sites, but I digress.

As for me and my partner, We actually met online. (who'd have guessed) 'cept I was using it to find friends as I had moved to Brisbane, knowing NO ONE at all and wanted to try and jumpstart some friend circles. long story short I found out he's Gay, I'm Bi so for the past year (til now technically) we're commited to making it work. I know you're not a fan of Long Distance Muggi and I do agree, cept we're planning to make sure we're phyicially together in the next 4-5 months, and if it doesn't work out then we've understood and accept what'll happen.

Anyway, just food for thought.

Popoto.~<3

I personally enjoy seeing someone good looking and hitting it off with them in person over online dating. It's one of the most unique feelings in the world imo. I do understand disliking one night stands though. Those are just plain messy. (At least in my experiences.)

The nice thing about online dating is the availability. School is quite simply the best meeting ground just about anyone will ever be in by virtue of size and duration of proximity. You will not ever be in another situation where there will be so many people that you will be around so much. University would tend to be the pinnacle of this experience since the availability tend to be larger even on small campuses, and it neatly divides people up by interest.

Once your out of highshool or university, your options become: your place of employment (terrible idea), bars (which only work if bars attract the kind of people your looking for, and your the kind of person bar people are looking for), and clubs (people of common interest, so this tends to work nicely). You also have your flukes.

Online dating fixes this problem of very low availability, and allows you to actually meet people, especially if your life does not have an abundance of free time and disposable income that can be used to get into other venues where you have a shot at meeting people. I wouldn't call it a last effort, just the natural progression for finding people once your done with your education.

There are many other options for meeting people, they just require you to go off the beaten path a little bit.

Name another option that even compares to the education system (other than online dating obviously).

The mall, if you live near a large enough one. Plenty of women from all around of all ages. One rejects you? Big whoop there's like 20 others in that store.

Never in a million years would I have thought of this :lol:

I suppose for some people that could work, though I am having a very hard time believing that the grown ass man with a full time job who cruises the mall for a girlfriend is someone any girl (you want to be with) would go for. Maybe this does work though. For my purposes, teenagers don't count. I am concerned with people who have progressed past the point where post secondary education is a viable option (either because they don't attend anymore or because they are old enough to make going after most of the potentials creepy).

I actually meet a lot of girls through sporting events. It's perfect for me because its an automatic common interest, and more often than not it means they have a bit of money. Plus, most are pretty fit.

I always imagined meeting more friends than girls I have interest in at bars. But then again, drunk me is a friend loving man. I really can't wait to pub crawl next year. It will be my life.

I have a sucess story from last night.

Long story short, I met a cute girl who is friends with some other girls I know, I noticed her on Facebook, and it was kind of weird cos it turned out we were already friends. So anyway, I thought it would be weird if I tried talking to her on Facebook, so I bode my time a eventually met her last night. I didn't even really have to try too hard, I ended up getting her number, hooking up with her and then went home with her.

Just thought it was pretty sweet when stuff that you want to happen just works out.

• Like 1
rosssigfinal.jpg

I never said there was anthing as "good" as school, I just think you're not immediately doomed to online dating once you graduate..

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

don't forget friend's of friends. Practically a limitless resource assuming you have outgoing friends.

I never said there was anthing as "good" as school, I just think you're not immediately doomed to online dating once you graduate..

No your not automatically doomed, but for many people the pool of potential parterns goes way down once they graduate from the education system, from a combination of both practical availability of people, and reduced free time. The problem tends to get worse as you get older and take on more commitments, and your age itself can become a significantly limiting factor in meeting other people since the older you get, the greater the portion of people your age have already found someone to tie the knot with.

It's nice to have another system you can move on to that helps you find all the people left, and can save you time by limiting the pool your looking at to the pool of people who are actually interested in a relationship. It cuts through a lot of the games and saves everyone time and effort.

Bit late to the party, but Muggi's escapade and usage of a spreadsheet reminds me of this poor dude:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cyber_cad_dater_input_LGdBZ57ATtIGWwCqffATXM

And another article defending the guy:

http://news.yahoo.com/defense-dating-spreadsheet-133441740.html

Just thought I'd share this guy's blunder. Words of wisdom: no matter how hot and down to earth someone is, don't show her a spreadsheet comparing her to some other girls :roll: .

22031_s.gif

I have a sucess story from last night.

Long story short, I met a cute girl who is friends with some other girls I know, I noticed her on Facebook, and it was kind of weird cos it turned out we were already friends. So anyway, I thought it would be weird if I tried talking to her on Facebook, so I bode my time a eventually met her last night. I didn't even really have to try too hard, I ended up getting her number, hooking up with her and then went home with her.

Just thought it was pretty sweet when stuff that you want to happen just works out.

Lol the awkward moment when she doesn't text you back when you give her a text two days later. Rude, but she was nice enough to give me a ride home, but not to text back...

rosssigfinal.jpg

Could be phone issues. It's pretty crazy how many times I've had a buddy start flipping because a girl isn't answering, and then they get 5 simultaneous texts from that girl.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

The guy. He's the one who's worrying even though the texts are just not coming through (which is why they all arrive simultaneously).