"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Go after her. If she's got legs, she's game.

You could avoid the situation entirely by not dating a crazy girl in the first place.

You aren't even trying anymore, are you?

lol, I have an ex that literally did try to kill my friend after i found out they were banging. Like had to get sent to a psych ward and everything. And she was a perfectly normal girl when I met her.

Speaking of her though, as I mentioned she's back in town. I've been talking to her a bit the past couple days and she's actually quite normal again. I'm quite convinced she's gotten out of her crazy phase, but I suppose it'll be some time before I can say that with complete confidence. She's absolutely not as crazy as she used to be though, I give her that. Far from it so far.

[and now for something completely different: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GN7yYWGViyI ]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

In case you weren't aware "Low Leveled" (or trolling), He's gotten back with his ex...4 times I think, and each one ended worse each time. I'd forget all about her Sam, block the number (if possible) and just carry on with your life.

Popoto.~<3

And for the record, I've seen girls with no legs I'd still count as "game". I can't find the exact picture to prove my point, nor would I be able to post it on this "PG-13" forum, but trust me...No legs can still equal "game".

[side note: Googling "girl with no legs" and turning off safe search yields interesting results]

And for the record, I've seen girls with no legs I'd still count as "game". I can't find the exact picture to prove my point, nor would I be able to post it on this "PG-13" forum, but trust me...No legs can still equal "game".

[side note: Googling "girl with no legs" and turning off safe search yields interesting results]

Are we talking paraplegic here? Amputee?

Edit: [bleep]ing new page, always. Will go back and quote.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Are we talking paraplegic here? Amputee?

Edit: [bleep]ing new page, always. Will go back and quote.

amputee

In case you weren't aware "Low Leveled" (or trolling), He's gotten back with his ex...4 times I think, and each one ended worse each time. I'd forget all about her Sam, block the number (if possible) and just carry on with your life.

Low levelled**

oh grow up, it was a singular letter missing. <_<

This isn't particularly questions about dating, but the opposite: I'm personally over all the dating and the crap it comes with, how do you train your mind NOT to give a damn, to completely turn off from it all, and focus on making myself happier before even considering dating, sex etc etc? At the moment getting a better job and well being happyness comes before I care about dating but I can't seem to switch off.

Popoto.~<3

This isn't particularly questions about dating, but the opposite: I'm personally over all the dating and the crap it comes with, how do you train your mind NOT to give a damn, to completely turn off from it all, and focus on making myself happier before even considering dating, sex etc etc? At the moment getting a better job and well being happyness comes before I care about dating but I can't seem to switch off.

I really don't think this is an option. Your body has two imperatives programmed into it. The need for survival, and the need to reproduce. Unless your asexual, you have a sex drive. It's not going to turn off, at least not until after your old enough that reproduction isn't really an option anymore.

You simply need to come to terms with that, for the time being, it's going to be a big waste of time and effort. As soon as you make that connection and make sure you understand it, your mind will care less and less about dating.

Do I still look at girls and think about sexual relations and dating? Well yeah of course; as Rdox put it, it's a biological mechanism programmed into you. But you just need to take your executive functionality and make the realization that dating is not what you want to be doing and stop trying to force the issue.

The less you worry about it the easier it is. In general, just meet people and have fun with them. If you enjoy your time with that person, spend more time with them and go from there. But until that point, just keep it in the back of your mind.

From a needs perspective:

You need social interaction, femininity, and sex to satisfy some of your basic needs. Conveniently, a girl can satisfy all three of those at once, but you don't need a girl to satisfy those if you can't find one. If you have several close friends, that covers the need for social interaction. If you have any platonic friendships with feminine girls, that'll satisfy the need for feminine company/companionship. If you have a hand, that'll satisfy that last need ;)

From a logical perspective:

Not giving a damn

Focusing on making yourself happier

This guy has a lot of great videos that'll also slowly pull you out of negative thinking. I used to just have all his vids playing in the background while I'd do something boring on RS or do homework... very helpful!

From an emotional perspective:

Truth be told, it can be difficult to cultivate the long-term unconditional happiness mindset based on logical information. Unfortunately, since the nature of the perspective is emotional, it's practically impossible to describe in words. Anyways, most of what I've learned regarding that side of the issue came from this forum. More specifically regarding this particular question, you might find this post helpful.

You've got some homework to do :P Have fun.

77yLQy8.png

It really does help to make the conscious decision to be perfectly happy without having a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's not as easy as just saying that, but it does help.

And, (especially when it comes to attracting women,) things have a way of turning around after you've convinced yourself of that. It's the convincing yourself of it bit that's difficult, heh.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

talking to my ex today she expressed a frustration I hadn't really considered, having been on the opposite end of this effect for so long:

We guys see every girl as a "potential" hook up if not girlfriend if there is even an inkling of attraction. If we receive any notion, regardless of side that this is reciprocated, we act on it.

When girls see guys, they see us as friends to begin with [unless other circumstances apply]. Girls flirt with their friends a lot for fun. Guys usually don't. When a girl flirts with a guy, sometimes it's just to be friendly to become friends with them. Guys than see this inch, and take the mile, seeing as most guys have enough friends and see this as the "green light" they were hoping for. But in reality, girls only wanted to be friends and get real upset when pressured for more.

To which I said, you really shouldn't flirt unless you mean it, but that just simply doesn't apply to everyone I suppose...

Simple solution. Females need to stop flirting with their friends. I mean come on, "Hmm, she's flirting with me, so she must be somewhat attracted to me! I wonder how we'd do as a couple..." is a reasonable thought chain.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Then how does she act with guys she's actually interested in?

[Edit] oh wait we already know this

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Then how does she act with guys she's actually interested in?

[Edit] oh wait we already know this

oh_lawd_Just_look_damnit-s390x299-251455-580.jpg

Never again.

LOL

So I'm writing a letter to my ex to try and reconnect with her more. We broke up three years ago and have stayed in close contact (we went to the same college) as friends. There was awkwardness, sure, but we made an effort (at least a little bit) to try and be good friends. Our breakup wasn't a bad one, just her deciding she wasn't ready for a relationship. It was tough, being as we were each other's first relationship. We never really talked about how we felt about each other since then. Well, three years later I'm engaged to someone else, and am curious as to what she went through getting over me emotionally, so I'm writing to her. We are in contact, as I said, and I still consider her a good friend. This is just one area we've never talked about, and I'd like to hear what she has to say.

Just to be clear, I've talked with my fiance about this and she's more than okay with this. We're actually all good friends, and my fiance wants my friendship with my ex to be the best it can be, so she supports my writing this letter.

Some would say just get over her, but this isn't about getting over her, it's about finding a bit of peace so my mind can stop wondering how she feels/felt.

Flyingjj.png

Aaaaand I just got dumped. Saw it coming, but damn. Not really sure if I'm asking for advice here; I just thought i 'd share with someone.

Happens to the best of us man, sorry. :/

How do you guys feel about starting a relationship shortly after ending one? It seems like some people demand a waiting period between relationships.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]