"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Hmm I was actually wondering that, about how many people at college/uni use online dating sites. I wouldn't have thought it was that many, but it's probably more than one would think.

From personal (and sad) experiences, you'd be surprised.

Popoto.~<3

Hmm I was actually wondering that, about how many people at college/uni use online dating sites. I wouldn't have thought it was that many, but it's probably more than one would think.

From personal (and sad) experiences, you'd be surprised.

More than I would have thought I'm sure. I guess, normally I see collage as the last place to meet someone in the real world (if you have a normal gender distribution at least), before your choices are: person at the bar, your co-workers and their friends, and online. Still, especially for shy people, or people in some situation where meeting people is more difficult, I can see the appeal of going online.

Have fun.

I've yet to try online dating, though my brother is very fond of it, and I can understand why:

-Send out hundreds of messages only to girls whom you consider attractive; thus, all of your dates will be with attractive girls

-No need to be nervous/needy/desperate on any of the dates because if one date goes south, you've got a dozen more on the calendar to fall back on

77yLQy8.png

I remember IamDan experimented with online dating by basically trolling. He'd wear eye-patches in the defaults, make up crazy bios crap like that. He turned it into a science project on what girls found attractive, it was pretty nifty.

I've used online dating before, but so far no good experiences. Literally had better luck hitting on strangers on omegle.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Honestly, that comes as no surprise. Are all Koreans this horny?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

...I popped in here out of curiosity (short version: I'm a gay male, in college, seemingly getting control of some severe mental health challenges, interested in finding romantic relationships despite living in the not-so-gay-friendly South), and have to thank whoever it was that linked to blackdragonblog. I definitely don't share his priorities, but I definitely do share a lot of how he looks at life (not emotionless, just rational says much of what I hadn't yet found a way to say myself). I have to stop and think to take what he says and make it fit with my priorities (I'm much more interested in and comfortable with serial monogamy than OLTR), but he presents it in a way that makes an enormous amount of sense to me, while almost everything else I've read on the subject does not. So, huge thanks.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Honestly muggi, reading the black dragon thing, I see that its almost how I do it now. Only exception (I catagorize etc) is that being raised in a completely monogamous place (far as I know) I would of never thought of poly.

Honestly, that comes as no surprise. Are all Koreans this horny?

To be fair, I only met one Indonesian [closest thing to Korean] that I met on Omegle. But I had a lot of luck in the midwest of the USA, particularly the Indianapolis region. Granted, most of these girls ended up being 13-16...

is it normal to be receiving snide messages from an ex 4 months after we broke up?

I' pretty sure that drops her into the "crazy ex" category.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

is it normal to be receiving snide messages from an ex 4 months after we broke up?

Yep. This is the designation of 'crazy ex'. This means that under no circumstances should the two of you ever think about getting back together, and you should do your best to make sure she has no part/impact in your life.

An unnecessarily melodramatic breakup, also inflamed by the fact she entered a new relationship with a guy I thought was a close friend of mine. Pretty much ignored her for the past 4 months but these snide messages seem to be a little more frequent now.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Definitely ignore, crazy ex.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Snide messages might mean she's gotten tired of the 'friend' and is looking for new prey (or re-using old). Regardless, ignore ignore ignore.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

This is Sam's ex we're talking about, mind you.

And yes, she's crazy. DISENGAGE. The most you can do with it is fighting her to relieve stress, but it's in your [sam] best interest to just ignore/block it all.

Low, haven't you been warned by a moderator for doing this once already?

If you honestly agree with what you're saying you're WAY too desperate.

This is perhaps the worst thread to troll as someone might actually do as you say.

[hide=And here I actually humor him because I'm easily trolled]

Having sex with a psycho just for the sex is idiotic. Have you ever had a psycho ex? When they get out of hand it isn't just annoying texts. It's every potential girlfriend being told rumors about you, death threats possibly being made, property being damaged, and your emotions being played like a game of Monopoly.

Sex is at most a single night's worth of pleasure. A crazy ex can be years of irritation or even pain.

If you actually believe this though, I have the oddest feeling you've never been in a relationship. The "If she's got legs, she's game" philosophy reeks of sex starved and obsessed teenager.

[/hide]

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

Go after her. If she's got legs, she's game.

You could avoid the situation entirely by not dating a crazy girl in the first place.

You aren't even trying anymore, are you?

[/hide]