"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

A girl / guy who would leave a relationship to be with you, would do the same again if another potential relationship came along.

Doesn't that stand to reason?

But you pay your money and take your choices, so it's your call still. It all depends on what you're looking for in a SO.

• Like 4

A girl / guy who would leave a relationship to be with you, would do the same again if another potential relationship came along.

Doesn't that stand to reason?

But you pay your money and take your choices, so it's your call still. It all depends on what you're looking for in a SO.

I always wonder why a girl would like to be in a relationship with me, for the same reasons you state, if they find *something* bettter in another guy, they'll probably just leave for that other guy, meaning that you wasted your time effort and money on something.

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

The point I was making was more that humans are remarkably predictible and are often condemned to repeating their own patterns of behaviour. If (s)he cheats with you, they probably won't be too fussed about cheating on you.

I'm not sure you should be translating that to all girls, though. You're not better than all guys at everything; that's definitely true. You have qualities most other guys don't, however. Just focus on what you do best, and trust that girls will stick around because of it.

The point I was making was more that humans are remarkably predictible and are often condemned to repeating their own patterns of behaviour. If (s)he cheats with you, they probably won't be too fussed about cheating on you.

I'm not sure you should be translating that to all girls, though. You're not better than all guys at everything; that's definitely true. You have qualities most other guys don't, however. Just focus on what you do best, and trust that girls will stick around because of it.

i had a female freind like that,

had.

2nv5bvl.png

Update on my life for anyone who cares/remembers: Girl I hooked up with over the summer and then I broke it off with told me last night that she likes me, again. Last night was the first time we actually like hung out after about two months of her hating me because of the whole shit storm surrounding us hooking up.

Anyways, told her no, although it took a lot of willpower it was the right thing to do.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Good job :)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

UPDATE:
i was skyped by a friend who is in the classroom down the hallway, that she apparenly asked where i was,, so i went for a walk around the school and found her in the cafetaria, told her that my friend said that she asked where i was but she didnt know him at all. I

It became clear that he pulled a joke on me, after we introduced eachtother, she and i did talk quite a bit about our courses and stuff, at the end of the conversation i said "well, ill prolly see you at school tomorrow", to which she replied "Add me on facebook if you'd like", so i added her, and she accepted

So yeah, missionstatus: succes i guess :P

• Like 1

2nv5bvl.png

Apparently I have become the Gay Best Friend for more than one girl... As in, not actually gay, but the one they share secrets with and ask advice from.

Didn't really see that one coming.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I actually ran a little experiment once. I bought a men's health magazine which was running several articles about how to make yourself more attractive to women. I showed it to my girl mates, and the response to the advice was ambivalent at best. I'll concede that some of the articles may have been written by women themselves. I'm also open to the idea that the articles were probably nothing more than product placement too. Generally, however, men aren't that good at recognizing what's attractive about themselves and other men to women, they only tend to have a fairly prescriptive list of what's attractive to their own "woman" at that point in time. At least, that's my personal experience.

So in that light, having female friends is definitely a plus. They might try and make you see things from their perspective, if you let them.

I actually ran a little experiment once. I bought a men's health magazine which was running several articles about how to make yourself more attractive to women. I showed it to my girl mates, and the response to the advice was ambivalent at best. I'll concede that some of the articles may have been written by women themselves. I'm also open to the idea that the articles were probably nothing more than product placement too. Generally, however, men aren't that good at recognizing what's attractive about themselves and other men to women, they only tend to have a fairly prescriptive list of what's attractive to their own "woman" at that point in time. At least, that's my personal experience.

So in that light, having female friends is definitely a plus. They might try and make you see things from their perspective, if you let them.

Now I'm thinking of Cosmo (and Cosmo-like magazines) and all the BS in them. Feels like there's a similarity there.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I'm about to post for advice here for the first time since I've been out of high school. Fancy that.

I've been feeling a lot better about myself this year. I have a lot more friends in college now than I used to, I feel like I've become more outgoing, and I've changed up my look a lot so that overall I feel a lot more confident about myself than I used to. And while I think it's starting to pay off, that part of me that's used to constant rejection is still kind of dragging me into doubt about these things, and seeing as I still have pretty much no experience with relationships I'm just kind of at a loss for what to do, lol.

The main girl of my interest is named Andrea. I've known her since about the beginning of the year since my group of friends and hers combined. My friend Kyle was talking with her for a while, but then she ended up breaking things off with him for an ex back home and because of drama between her and another friend of hers that liked Kyle. Her and Kyle still hang out with the rest of us after an initial period of awkwardness like nothing happened. Now she's single again because about two weeks ago that guy from her hometown cheated on her and she broke things off completely.

Since that time, she's been making an effort to talk with me a lot more, and we click a lot. Like, we both like the same kinds of music (seriously a girl this hot that loves Protest the Hero has no business existing), and we can text/facebook message for pretty long periods of time pretty easily. We have plans to go to a couple concerts together over the next month that I'm extremely excited for too, and it's all just kind of exciting like I haven't really felt in a long time. She also texts me first pretty much every day, which is nice haha.

However, I know a lot of this is still just stuff that could be happening between good friends, and she's just outgoing in general. However, today I studied for a while with her and some other friends. We were alone for about twenty minutes before anybody else showed up, and we actually had some really fun conversation for that time - nothing was remotely awkward. I kind of picked up more of a vibe that she liked me during that time too, which I've only really felt a couple other times from girls (and I was always right about it), so I'd like to take that as a plus. Our conversations never really get flirty, but they're always pretty hilarious and they stay pretty fun throughout.

There are two problems though. First, I'm not sure how Kyle would feel about this. I think he's over her by this point because of how she rejected him and he's told me he never wants to go back to that, but I'm just not entirely sure because he did like her before. I guess I just have to talk to him about this though rather than just guess about these things. Is it douchey of me to go after a girl that another close friend of mine has liked like that though?

Additionally, I'm not really sure how to progress things from here. I've never really asked a girl on an appropriately timed date, and this situation is a bit weird because I see her so often in my group of friends anyways. We all study together a couple times a week, and we all party together too (we're going to the same party this friday, for example). There isn't anything going on this Saturday though, so I'm thinking that could possibly be a good time to try to set something up, or if not then then next weekend. I'm just really clueless what to do at this point lol.

On a side note, some random cute girl (named Lauren) added me on facebook today. This hasn't happened to me before, so it's kind of a nice ego boost lol. I started a conversation with her right after she added me and we talked for a good 45 minutes before she went to bed. Turns out she's an aspiring writer, and she's in marching band so we talked about music for a while. It was pretty cool haha, and I'm interested to get to know her a bit more, but I don't really know what to do about this either. I didn't really say anything flirty just because I don't really know how to work that kind of stuff into conversation, and besides I'm a lot more interested in Andrea, though it's kind of nice feeling like I might have options lol. How do you guys generally handle these kinds of situations? I guess I'm really bad at making my interest clear and having flirty conversation rather than just friendly conversation, lol.

Oops, didn't think this would be this long. My bad.

Dude, I am in the same boat. Except I don't have that one target yet. And conversing one on one live is still HELL for me.

But otherwise, seems like the experience everyone has when they go to college.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Andrea sounds sexy. With what youve shared with us, I'd say shed be a great friends with benefits but I'm not seeing a relationship going well in your current scenario. But maybe that's me invoking the voice of muggiw and iamdan.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Before I am able to provide any consultation, I must know how big Andrea's boobs are.

I'd guess around a B. That's not where the main attraction is though ;)

Kalphite is more of an ass man I take it :lol:

Not normally, but I can definitely still appreciate a good one :P

I wouldn't worry about Kyle. Let him deal with his shit.

As for your IM conversations and "working" stuff into them: it really depends on what you're after. If you just want to the two of you to start sleeping with each other and nothing more than that, then sure, you might try inserting some kind of innuendo to turn the conversation flirty and sexual. That said, you'd be far better off meeting her in person and doing it there, since you're trying to demonstrate as much confidence as possible. It works for some guys, definitely the more "alpha" types, and it works for some girls because they might be between partners and only after some no-strings attached sex with someone they find attractive. Fair enough.

I get the impression you're not after that, though, am I right? In which case, spend more time alone with each other doing things you both find interesting. Engage her in personal conversation. Discover what makes her tick. Read body language; be yourself. If you think there's a chemistry coming back, tell her how you feel (in person!) and that you'd like to go on a date sometime.

She might say no; oh well, what did you have to lose anyway? She'll probably still want to be friends with you.

She might say yes; fantastic!

You might even discover, having spent more time with her, that she's not as attractive as first thought.

But you can't possibly know for sure after 20 minutes worth of alone time, while you were both waiting for mates to arrive.

Apparently last night I hooked up with someone at a party.

I have no recollection of that whatsoever.

I might have done a home run last night.

And I don't know anything about it.

But different people have told me that I was with some blond girl.

And if life and whatever I have told here have taught me anything, it's that this is something that is nigh impossible. 

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

At least it resolves your issue. I don't see them lasting past december. I know how college tpypes are.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn