"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

>gf likes my hair long when it's short so I grew it

>then she says she likes it shorter so I cut it

>cut it a little shorter for ROTC

>says she likes my hair long

wat

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

First time that I wrote about this I was drunk and too lazy to elaborate and write more.

In other news: because of my roommate I have been able to meet and hang out with many great and beautiful girls.

On Wednesday I carried the one I like the most to her place, because she was so wasted that she couldn't even walk. We were both kinda drunk, but when I carried her in I just left at the door. Or well, tried to leave, she grabbed me and hugged me. And that was the only time when I was alone with her...

And yet again, I am like Raj on The Big Bang Theory. I cannot really talk face to face with a hot girl without being drunk. Or well, I can talk. About school. And I got called a boring partyblooper when sober. More than once.

[bleep] me.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

wat

This is why you shouldn't listen to a significant other when it comes to appearances

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

wat

[female dogs] be crazy

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Gabe, you're trying to apply consistancy to an inconsistant being. Dont drive yourself mad.

Constrictor, don't get in your own head. Dont plan, just do. When it feels natural, do it if that's what you want. If you really want a relationship that is. And if you do, just ask her if shed like to be your girlfriend. Its only as hard as you make it out to be.

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

wat

there's not really anything contradictory or inconsistent to this dude, but i can walk you through it step by step slowly if you're still a little confused

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Just decided to play it cool, and try to disintergrate the "relationshipness." I don't think I can put my whole heart into a relationship and I don't want to half-ass it.

Plus, the relationships I build these first few weeks of school are vital and if I am focused/spending a butt ton of time with one single person I'll miss out on that.

Any thoughts on whether I should talk to her and let her know that I'm not looking for anything serious even though we haven't even discussed dating yet? Or should I just let time apart, etc. close that door?

I kind of already got the feeling you weren't interested in a relationship. That's why I said establish what she wants, because the only other two options are FWB or friends. But that still has to be her decision, not yours.

The only way of finding out is talking. As Ring says, instead of saying "Let's be FWB@@!!!", approach it from the other direction: "I'm happy with what was going on the other night, but I'm not interested in a relationship right now".

I kind of already got the feeling you weren't interested in a relationship. That's why I said establish what she wants, because the only other two options are FWB or friends. But that still has to be her decision, not yours.

The only way of finding out is talking. As Ring says, instead of saying "Let's be FWB@@!!!", approach it from the other direction: "I'm happy with what was going on the other night, but I'm not interested in a relationship right now".

To be entirely honest, I'm not really happy with what was going on, and am more and more not really into it as I look back. I'm not all that attracted to her as a whole - plus it doesn't help that she's a shit kisser.

It's weird, I've never really been the dumper or the kind of guy to get all "intense" with a girl and then just drop it; so this is all really new to me and quite frankly I feel like a huge [wagon] for kind of leading her on - but then again, I wasn't expecting her to just kiss me after only knowing me for 2 weeks.

Time to get the balls to talk to her about all of this.

So I thought I'd drop in to say that less than two weeks into my senior year and basically the first time I've been single in college, I've found myself in a FWB situation with a girl I sort of knew last year. We're both recently out of relationships so we don't want anything emotional right now, though her breakup was a lot more recent so I'm doing my best to be sensitive about that.

It's pretty strange to me, since this is the first time I've ever done anything like this. Sex is almost as frequent as with my ex but way more intense, which is great because that was a large source of my frustrations in that relationship. But the fact that we keep coming back to each other for sex definitely has echoes of an actual committed relationship. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, but in a way it's a sort of calculated enjoyment to keep myself from becoming too invested. I think I can do it, but it's early yet.

Not really asking for advice so much as adding to this thread's catalog of experience.

p2gq.jpg

Nom struck gold.

Constrictor, welcome to real world speed. I'm surprised it took her two weeks honestly. If your not down for it, let her know. The longer you drag it the bigger an ass you'll feel like

Nom struck gold.

Constrictor, welcome to real world speed. I'm surprised it took her two weeks honestly. If your not down for it, let her know. The longer you drag it the bigger an ass you'll feel like

Talked to her about it. She listened - checked her phone to see what time it was, then said she had a meeting to go to at 7 (it was like 6:50 when we talked), and then walked out.

God if she was trying to make me feel like shit - she succeeded. Worst thing is I can't do anything about it, and even more so, if I hadn't done this stuff would have been 1000x worse down the road. And I don't know if she realizes that or not.

So today I saw my high school girlfriend in passing for the first time in about 4 years. We ha an awful breakup and me being young, I didn't know how to deal with it properly and really ruined my life for a good year or two. Thought I had it all sorted out recently but just seeing her made all those feeling come back..

Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with people you never want to see again/find a way to live with these things?

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

So today I saw my high school girlfriend in passing for the first time in about 4 years. We ha an awful breakup and me being young, I didn't know how to deal with it properly and really ruined my life for a good year or two. Thought I had it all sorted out recently but just seeing her made all those feeling come back..

Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with people you never want to see again/find a way to live with these things?

Bang her sister and/or mom.

well it seems you've got two options here to me... you can either never see her again, or find a way to live with these things

NOW i am just a layman in the laws of love but i advise you to do either one of those things i have listed above

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Bang her sister and/or mom.

2vvl24m.png

been seeing a few guys lately, but I'm restraining myself doing stuff as gay communities can be very snarky and I'm not ready to commit at the moment if I happen to fall for someone.

Popoto.~<3

I find the easiest way to deal with running into an ex is by reversing back over them.

But really, I'd say just be civil and just say hi, don't really need to do anything else I suppose

• Like 5

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I wouldn't have said your reaction was unusual or abnormal. If the break-up really had that large a consequence, I'd say it's a perfectly rational reaction to seeing her.

If you haven't seen her in four years, that suggests there's no significant chance of running into her on a regular basis. If you "never want to see [her] again", surely you don't have to, apart from the odd run-in every once-in-a-blue-moon, where you'd only have to remain civil (as Draz says).

If you really feel that strongly, I wouldn't suggest trying to find a way to "live with it". If you're still that involved after four years, you're not going to able to "live with it". No-one would.

I find the easiest way to deal with running into an ex is by reversing back over them.

Is that a common problem with alcohol-related road traffic collisions? :P

Unfortunately we both live in the same village so I'm surprised we haven't run into each other sooner. I'm in a happy relationship now and not involved in a "want to be back together" way, but mostly that I can't get over the hurt and what an effect it had on me. Spent a good few hours today feeling the worst that I have in years and I really don't want that back.

Didn't get a chance to speak today (not that I'd want to anyway) but I don't think I'd want to go further than a casual hi like Draz says to be honest :P

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

This too shall pass.

You have to accept that she is a person leading her own life and youve grown up from who you were back then. Give her a courtesy hello. She shaped who you are today. You are not the beaten person you were 3 years ago, but without experiencing all of that you wouldn't be where you are now. What you hate about her, she's possibly outgrown likewise. We're all human. Our bonds break and bend and twist together from time to time. Dont let her reappearance trigger any kind of relapse (though the reminder of pain is normal, its mostly because it was the strongest emotion you related to her when you last saw her)

• 2 weeks later...