"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Does no one else think ez's situation is incredibly straightforward?

If all you're doing is FWB, drop the jealousy; she doesn't owe you anything. If you're in a monogamous relationship, dump her immediately - it's clear she has NO interest in being faithful.

• Like 2

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

On the topic of hair length... Ive found that most girls find me more attractive when i have shorter hair. It's frustrating because i like my hair longer. My girlfriend however likes it when it's longer, which is a relief as i don't really want to change me appearance for them. Now, luckily, I don't have to :D but my point is that most girls I've met prefer a guy with shorter hair mostly because they find long hair to look messy and unkept.

From the sounds of it, it feels like the real problem is most guys with long hair don't take care of it.

• Like 1

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Been there done that Ezk. Do what you feel you can handle, just know that continuing the perpetual emotion dance has just as many downs as ups

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

If all you're doing is FWB, drop the jealousy; she doesn't owe you anything. If you're in a monogamous relationship, dump her immediately - it's clear she has NO interest in being faithful.

It was an actual monogamous relationship. So aye, it's the latter choice it seems.

Been there done that Ezk. Do what you feel you can handle, just know that continuing the perpetual emotion dance has just as many downs as ups

Alrighty, yeahs it does seem that way... Going from relationship to FWB would be tough methinks...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

It was an actual monogamous relationship. So aye, it's the latter choice it seems.

Key word "was". It may not be over in your mind but it's certainly over in hers. Move on; you won't regret it.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Never posted here before, have had it recommended though. I've had a few relationships, mostly with men, most recently was broken up with a few months ago after a year of trying to keep a long distance relationship going. After that I kind of tried to sleep with everything that moved, it didn't help, and I think I'm over it.

I started working closely with a guy at work this past week and a half, we ride in the same truck and spend a lot time alone, etc. Just getting to know eachother pretty well. He is incredibly freaking handsome and funny, and training to be a firefighter eventually. Well last Friday I gave him my phone number and we were talking for a bit and we both kind of want something casual for now. I think he was a little put off by how curt I can be over texting and in person also. Well he said we should do something tomorrow night. I'm not sure what its going to be but I'm excited. I hope it goes alright :).

I think everyone else I work with at that job thinks I'm gay. I guess doing landscaping work while wearing boots and plaid and having a boy's haircut (just because its hot out and I don't care, it'll grow back) doesn't help my case, but its amusing to me in a small way.

His name is Carlos.

I hope this isn't a disaster. Since I was broken up with I've had a lot of partners (and that's been fun ;)) but no real dates or anything serious.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Good news, she called back and agreed to go out to coffee tomorrow.

Excited as [bleep], but embarrassingly it's my first date. Like ever. So what should I NOT do on a first date? I know to keep off the cell phone, to pay for her, etc. but what else?

Just seem interested, listen, be interesting. Don't act shy or scared. Don't be embarrassed about it being your first date. Everyone had first dates. Don't tell her it isn't. Be confident.

Don't 'be yourself', be a better version of yourself. Don't be too bluntly honest about your shortcomings (not saying be dishonest, its hard to explain).

I'd probably want to pay for myself if its a first date but that isn't really that important if its a coffee place and you pay up front. If its like a restaurant or a bar and keeps a tab (idk I don't frequent coffee places much ok) it'd be really awkward to pay dutch.

Don't feel she owes you anything further after going on a date/paying for. That sounds bad to say but I've had experiences like that and it was really uncomfortable and unfair.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Personally, I'd offer to pay and be prepared to, but if she wants to split it or something, go with that.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

on dates i leave all my money at home and fill my wallet with rocks and leaves and when it comes to pay i just open it and kinda let the rocks spill everywhere and give the waiter/my date a kind of helpless look like 'whoops clumpsy me'

• Like 4

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Excited as [bleep], but embarrassingly it's my first date. Like ever. So what should I NOT do on a first date? I know to keep off the cell phone, to pay for her, etc. but what else?

Don't talk about your feelings toward the death of Guthix.

HAI COW

• Like 1

Regarding "who pays" comments...

You pay for all of it. If (and only if) she volunteers to pay for her share or whatever, ask her if she's sure, and if she is, then be like, "Ok, I really don't mind paying but if you're cool with it, thanks!"

Or, even better, do what I do and arrive 5 minutes after she does. She'll probably have already ordered something then you just sit down and start talking to her without ordering anything yourself (or for her). That's how you have free coffee dates :thumbup:

Try your best to let her do the vast majority of the talking. Just keep asking questions. Lean back, just relax. Make lots of eye contact when you're speaking. Feel free to look around and act bored when she's speaking.

The most important thing you can do though is touch her. It doesn't have to be anything too sexual; after you've been talking for like 10-15 minutes, all you have to do is just start holding/caressing her hand/forearm and then resume the conversation. Don't worry about "escalating" beyond that. Don't even try to be suave or "cool" about this. I can almost guarantee it's going to be kind of awkward when you do it, and that's completely fine. The first time I started touching a girl's arm, I accidentally knocked her beer over as I went for her arm. :lol: But after I was holding her hand, that didn't matter anymore. :D

If you don't touch her, the odds of you getting "friendzoned" skyrocket.

So, don't:

- talk a lot

- look anxious/nervous

- avoid touching her

77yLQy8.png

On the topic of hair length... Ive found that most girls find me more attractive when i have shorter hair. It's frustrating because i like my hair longer. My girlfriend however likes it when it's longer, which is a relief as i don't really want to change me appearance for them. Now, luckily, I don't have to :D but my point is that most girls I've met prefer a guy with shorter hair mostly because they find long hair to look messy and unkept.

From the sounds of it, it feels like the real problem is most guys with long hair don't take care of it.

That's probably true

Regarding "who pays" comments...

You pay for all of it. If (and only if) she volunteers to pay for her share or whatever, ask her if she's sure, and if she is, then be like, "Ok, I really don't mind paying but if you're cool with it, thanks!"

Or, even better, do what I do and arrive 5 minutes after she does. She'll probably have already ordered something then you just sit down and start talking to her without ordering anything yourself (or for her). That's how you have free coffee dates :thumbup:

Try your best to let her do the vast majority of the talking. Just keep asking questions. Lean back, just relax. Make lots of eye contact when you're speaking. Feel free to look around and act bored when she's speaking.

The most important thing you can do though is touch her. It doesn't have to be anything too sexual; after you've been talking for like 10-15 minutes, all you have to do is just start holding/caressing her hand/forearm and then resume the conversation. Don't worry about "escalating" beyond that. Don't even try to be suave or "cool" about this. I can almost guarantee it's going to be kind of awkward when you do it, and that's completely fine. The first time I started touching a girl's arm, I accidentally knocked her beer over as I went for her arm. :lol: But after I was holding her hand, that didn't matter anymore. :D

If you don't touch her, the odds of you getting "friendzoned" skyrocket.

So, don't:

- talk a lot

- look anxious/nervous

- avoid touching her

I was nervous and didn't really touch her on my first date. I think it really depends on the girl.
  • Like 1

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Nothing guarentees a second date like showing up late to the first one and forcing her to pay for the second one. Especially after your handsy first encounter, you sly devil

• Like 1

Nothing guarentees a second date like showing up late to the first one and forcing her to pay for the second one. Especially after your handsy first encounter, you sly devil

"You sly sly bastard, I let you touch my boob on the first date because you paid for my coffee and then you expect me to pay for the second!"

I had turned 17 yesterday and celebrated my birthday with my immediate family and my girlfriend of 3 years, whom I have been dating since the beginning of my freshman year. We went on about our day, having a birthday lunch at a sushi buffet, walked around a mall, etc.

What had shocked me, is that my girlfriend did not give me a present. I'm not bitter over it, I had an extremely great day spending time with her, but more-so surprised. Honestly have no idea if I'm thinking about it too much or if I'm justified for feeling surprised. Opinions?