"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

God, that's why I love you guys.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

This thread randomly popped into my head. I should share this: http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/meet-robert-townley-the-one-guy-who-isnt-using-tinder-for-sex/story-fnixwvgh-1226993873447

I shamelessly stole the idea a while back. I have a new girlfriend now but at the time it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Yoooooo

it's been years dude. Have you meet Muggiw? You two will get along great

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I don't even know anymore if I'd prefer strong, sassy and independent women.

Before I had a bit more experience, I thought I'd prefer them.

I mean, I like if a girl takes control every once in a while, but not all the time. And I don't like when girls start controlling conversations or get more spotlight than I do. I am a "bit" egocentric that way.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I don't even know anymore if I'd prefer strong, sassy and independent women.

Before I had a bit more experience, I thought I'd prefer them.

I mean, I like if a girl takes control every once in a while, but not all the time. And I don't like when girls start controlling conversations or get more spotlight than I do. I am a "bit" egocentric that way.

There's a big difference between being independent and being independent and sassy. One can exist without the other. As a further note, I don't know i single guy in real life that likes "sassy" women, but I a lot of them that like "independent" women.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

http://www.blackdragonblog.com/2012/07/29/the-three-types-of-women/

The link my friend posted described the woman as genuinely independent for a while which is actually good (not necessarily for an exclusive relationship though), but towards the end of the list the qualities shifted to a dominant woman, claiming to be independent.

Edit: http://www.puckermob.com/relationships/7-things-to-know-before-dating-an-alpha-female

The fact that the last one says "but she's worth it!" makes it sound like even the author realizes some of her points aren't actually something to brag about lol

77yLQy8.png

This thread randomly popped into my head. I should share this: http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/meet-robert-townley-the-one-guy-who-isnt-using-tinder-for-sex/story-fnixwvgh-1226993873447

I shamelessly stole the idea a while back. I have a new girlfriend now but at the time it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

But, unlike the author, did you ever get laid doing that? Seems like a surefire way to become sexually frustrated-- hanging out with women that you're attracted to yet unable to bang.

IME so far Tinder seems to be catered to men and women looking for fast casual sex, whereas the standard online dating sites are catered towards people looking for a relationship

77yLQy8.png

I feel like the only way that would work is if you are genuinely just trying to interact with more people while not expecting or particularly wanting to pull a relationship from it.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I feel like the only way that would work is if you are genuinely just trying to interact with more people while not expecting or particularly wanting to pull a relationship from it.

Yeah exactly. I don't think it's possible for two people to genuinely remain strictly platonic friends outside of the workplace for very long though, unless at least one of them is extremely unattractive, already in a relationship, or way older than you.

77yLQy8.png

Yoooooo

I have. If I recall he started posting around the time I gave up arguing with the "using 'tricks' like 'improving yourself so you aren't being needy and boring' might get you laid but won't get you a relationship with a quality woman" crowd.

How is everyone here?

But, unlike the author, did you ever get laid doing that? Seems like a surefire way to become sexually frustrated-- hanging out with women that you're attracted to yet unable to bang.

IME so far Tinder seems to be catered to men and women looking for fast casual sex, whereas the standard online dating sites are catered towards people looking for a relationship

I feel slightly less like a douche bag saying this because it's anonymous so 6 women in 2 months before I met one that made me lost interest in others.

Tinder has that reputation but it's not really the case. You can get laid easily on it but half the profiles say they aren't looking to hook up. It's just an easy way you meet/filter a lot of people.

This was pretty much the case. I just had a break up and wanted to meet people and do things to get out of my head. Sex was a bonus, and it did help with the break up.

Yoooooo

I have. If I recall he started posting around the time I gave up arguing with the "using 'tricks' like 'improving yourself so you aren't being needy and boring' might get you laid but won't get you a relationship with a quality woman" crowd.

How is everyone here?

When aren't we debating that? Lol I'm great, personally. Hope you've been well. Does this mean you'll be posting more?

Nah, I've gotten around to touching aswell.

Already got me a night at a girl on Friday. She is in Spain for a holiday and last time I saw her I sent her on the bus from my place. After, *ahem*, "stuff".

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

The exchanging of Pokemon trading cards

• Like 3

So if you did get laid from Tinder by doing that, could you elaborate more on that? As the kino guru around here you probably remember how many people on here would do anything to meet/date girls without ever having to touch them prior to sex :P

I just love sex. I like having it, I like talking about it, and I'm 100% comfortable with it. Girls want sex just as much as guys, but with men typically being dominant and women being typically submissive you need to run the show. I've lost track of the fun I could have had by being more assertive. Women like sex. If they don't have it with you they will have it with someone else. If they aren't, they are probably secretly wishing someone had the balls to make a move. (It just occurred to me that some people reading this may be in high school, people in general are less comfortable with sex then and I'm referring to over 18s)

I think with this attitude, if you're congruent with it, women pick up on it and want to hook up because it doesn't seem to be a common thing. They don't want to be treated like a delicate innocent flower. They want someone to push them up against a wall and breathe in their ear how much they want them. (Insert 'I'm speaking generally, context and calibration is important and no means no' disclaimer)

Casual sex is not a big deal. It's fun, people have it and it's a great way to break the ice. That's my mantra in a nutshell.

Kino is important. It can be (not always) weird to go from not touching each other to trying to stick your tongue down her throat. Pick hobbies that involve touching women if it's something you need to work on being comfortable with. Dancing is a good one. My personal favorite is acro yoga and acro balance. It's fun, looks cool, not many people know about it and it is therefore interesting, and all you need is a flat surface and 2 or more willing participants. (Teehee)

When aren't we debating that? Lol I'm great, personally. Hope you've been well. Does this mean you'll be posting more?

Not sure, if i get questions I'll try and answer them.

Pull her hair, lick her elbow

Amateur. Pull her elbow and lick her hair.

Dan, I am fairly certain most people here have by now mostly graduated from high school. We haven't had new people coming over really.

I mean, even I joined when you were still active and I don't know many guys younger here than I am.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc