"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Actually have a question today!

How should one proceed if they are unsure of a relationship status? Highschool is the context if it matters.

"Yo _____, you dating _____ or what? Whats the deal with that?"

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

How should one proceed if they are unsure of a relationship status? Highschool is the context if it matters.

'ayyyyyy gurlll. Is u in a consensual arrangement with ____?

Luck be a Lady

More in the sense of not sure if they are in one.

More in the sense of not sure if they are in one.

Well you have 2 choices, assume they aren't in a relationship and go balls deep.

Or

Pretend they are in a relationship and have the deep regret for when they aren't in one and you stay awake at night considering that you had a chance but you decided not to act on it/ respect that they are in a relationship.

IMO you have very little to lose by assuming the former.

• Like 1

Luck be a Lady

Nah, you are misunderstanding me, Low; I met him online.

I'm not really comfortable with asking someone about their relationship status, because that's fairly personal information, and I think a lot of people would feel offended if somebody asked personal questions like that right off the bat.

If I ask him if he's single, it's pretty much guaranteed he would know why I ask. Don't want him to feel like I'm going too fast... give it enough time to let the both of us know more about each other, you know.

"Are you single?"

If they say no, just be like "alright have a good day then"

If they say yes, say "would you like to get coffee with me tomorrow?"

Ok, although I think it would be more fun to awkwardly shuffle off with your head hanging, having said nothing, if they say no.

Honestly though, I guess I just overthink everything.

"Are you single?"

If they say no, just be like "alright have a good day then"

If they say yes, say "would you like to get coffee with me tomorrow?"

Ok, although I think it would be more fun to awkwardly shuffle off with your head hanging, having said nothing, if they say no.

Honestly though, I guess I just overthink everything.

Everyone does. You won't stop overthinking it until you've done it a bunch of times.

I'm not really comfortable with asking someone about their relationship status, because that's fairly personal information, and I think a lot of people would feel offended if somebody asked personal questions like that right off the bat.

If I ask him if he's single, it's pretty much guaranteed he would know why I ask. Don't want him to feel like I'm going too fast... give it enough time to let the both of us know more about each other, you know.

Heaven forbid people know how you feel

I see, I guess you guys aren't here to help me then. Forget I asked anything.

I think the point people are trying to make is that it's easy to over-analyze these things. Often times the simple method is the best.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Perhaps my point was missed in my overly concise response. But to be able to understand what youre asking us for would allow me to be of more help. I jave no context for your situation. The answer to "when is it appropriate to tell someone i like them in a crush kind of way" is a conditional answer. Universally id say the best answer to this question is "ASAP" . But that is only entirely absolutely true if no other details are given. What is your relation to this person? How did you meet? How long ago? What is your interaction commonly like? How old are you and the other party? What culture do you love amongst?

Men don't understand subtle hints. Tell him how you feel in the plainest words possible.

I'd be shocked if he got offended that you asked his relationship status. "How dare you LIKE ME?!" Hell most guys get flattered when gay men hit on them, I think you're in the clear.

The guy might not even understand that you like him from your asking his relationship status. In fact, it's a high possibility. Subtlety doesn't work.

2480+ total

You have no idea, how oblivious I have been all this time about all that.

Just [bleep]ing ask.

Or, like a Nike commercial,

JUST DO IT!

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc