"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

@Bonez I'd say the best thing you could really do for yourself at this point is to explore your own hobbies and interests and give yourself varied life experiences. Don't even worry about girls too much, but also know that you're at a great stage to practice getting rejected so it'll sting less down the road. 

I know it might sound hard to believe now since you're experiencing it in the present moment, but high school really does not matter much at all in terms of relationships. Make yourself a priority, put yourself out there a bit as girls come into your life in one way or another, experience some rejection and build your own character and self confidence.

It's high school. What sports do you play? Just find some cleat chasers, man.

Reach for the Top :P. But seriously, I don't play any sports. Actually, I really should be in much better shape than I am, but I haven't reached useless blob level or anything yet.

@Bonez I'd say the best thing you could really do for yourself at this point is to explore your own hobbies and interests and give yourself varied life experiences. Don't even worry about girls too much, but also know that you're at a great stage to practice getting rejected so it'll sting less down the road. 

I know it might sound hard to believe now since you're experiencing it in the present moment, but high school really does not matter much at all in terms of relationships. Make yourself a priority, put yourself out there a bit as girls come into your life in one way or another, experience some rejection and build your own character and self confidence.

Sounds like so solid advice, so thank you there. I'm working on the whole explore hobbies and interests things along with the life experiences bit already although I should be a bit more out there.

That concerns me

What concerns you?
Idk just put some effort into being close to someone

This is honestly something I would mark as a big problem. I'm not sure what it is, if I just haven't found the right clique or if I haven't put myself out there enough or what. But I have friends and whatnot but I wouldn't say I'm overly close to any of them and I hardly hang out with them. I might just have an over hollywooded view of how highschool is supposed to go and what not but I hardly spend time with any of my friends outside of school except for the rare occasion. 

I might just discount that to my friends also just doing this but I am always hearing stories about them hanging out with other friends on weekends and stuff which I never get invited to. In reality I might just have more 'deep seated' issues on this front, or as always I am just overthinking a very simple concept and should just put myself out there more and this wouldn't be an issue. *shrugs*

This is honestly something I would mark as a big problem. I'm not sure what it is, if I just haven't found the right clique or if I haven't put myself out there enough or what. But I have friends and whatnot but I wouldn't say I'm overly close to any of them and I hardly hang out with them. I might just have an over hollywooded view of how highschool is supposed to go and what not but I hardly spend time with any of my friends outside of school except for the rare occasion. 

I might just discount that to my friends also just doing this but I am always hearing stories about them hanging out with other friends on weekends and stuff which I never get invited to. In reality I might just have more 'deep seated' issues on this front, or as always I am just overthinking a very simple concept and should just put myself out there more and this wouldn't be an issue. *shrugs*

If you want to do more things on weekends, be the one who starts making plans rather than fishing for invites. In high school I built up a pretty large social circle because I would have bonfires at my house almost every week that gradually got bigger as I met more people, and I'd always have plenty of other plans on the other days because people came to my stuff. Joining a club helps a shitton too if you haven't, I met most of my friends through theatre and marching band. And you don't have to do anything that extreme if you don't have the resources, even organizing trips to the movies, asking people to hang out, etc is a good start; it will make people want to reciprocate that and invite you places back in exchange if you guys have fun.

Edit: whoa, thousandth post. this is actually my first forum I've ever hit 1k posts on, holla @ the fam for rockin' out for the past 10 years~

That's something I wish I figured out way earlier. You have to make an effort to hang out with people outside of school or work. If you don't, then you'll never get close to anyone.

• Like 2

I also spent a chunk of high school not really hanging out with anyone after school. Sophomore year I kinda ditched the whole social hierarchy concept and started hanging out with the nerdy kids. They ended up being some of my best friends, one of which I still hangout with fairly often. Just gotta realize what friends are and make the effort to be closer to those worth being close to.

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Nobody gives a [bleep] about high school.

Crash and burn there, so you have it earlier and you can be more successful in college or uni.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Nobody gives a [bleep] about high school.

Crash and burn there, so you have it earlier and you can be more successful in college or uni.

That's something I wish I figured out way earlier. You have to make an effort to hang out with people outside of school or work. If you don't, then you'll never get close to anyone.

This and this.

I had an absolute shitty time trying to deal with the fiery end from my first long term relationship (~3 years) while in second year in my program. [bleep]ing sucked [rooster], honestly. But it opened my mind up to make me realize that I can find someone else who would be better for me. Something major I've learned: always be with someone who will push you up and who will challenge you to do better, without putting you down. There's a reason why millionaires try to hang out with billionaires; you don't see them hanging out with their buddy Ted who dropped out of high school and works at the local street corner giving "massage therapy" classes.

Just remember: high school isn't the end all in life in terms of relationships and goals. You will experience a shitty breakup; it's almost guaranteed. Just remember that when this time comes, yes you will find someone else. There's reasons that relationship may not have worked (did you do shitty things? Did she do shitty things? Did life just hate you?). Pick up on these little queues and use them to better your next one but don't dwell on it. 

Also, expect a good amount of time to heal. Imagine breaking a leg. You wouldn't play hockey a couple weeks after that would you?

Live and learn, that's all you can do.

j0xPu5R.png

She's bringing it up already and you're not even in a relationship yet, I think she's serious. You don't joke about spending the next 20 years of your life raising little shits.

some people do actually like kids

that was directed at you calling kids "little shits"

Oh by little shits I of course meant precious little angels.

2480+ total

She's bringing it up already and you're not even in a relationship yet, I think she's serious. You don't joke about spending the next 20 years of your life raising little shits.

some people do actually like kids

that was directed at you calling kids "little shits"

Oh by little shits I of course meant precious little angels.

I am impressed by your ability to use sarcasm on the internet

• Like 3

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

This is why people who participate in  clubs, church groups, scouting, and sports seem to be good friends. It is about spending time with people and actually bonding with them through activities and experiences, not just talking with them during lunch and during class. All of my friends from high school that I still talk with or do stuff with came from one of those or similar things.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Choir, basketball practices, korp!, occasional LAN is where me mates are from.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

She's a girl that I remembered talking to a couple of years ago but never scheduled a date with. I just messaged her for shits and giggles since I have nothing to lose lol. Also she's skinny with huge boobs. Probably didn't help that I haven't changed my pics or copypasta since then either :D

I responded with "Hell yeah." followed by my standard "What would you say your best quality is..."

She hasn't responded.... yet.

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

muggi's "What would you say..." was probably the best advice I have taken from this thread. I don't use it all the time but when it's coupled with the "Classic compliment" securing the date is fairly easy after that. I only really resort to it if they aren't receptive to my opener.

Question at Muggi, How many girls have asked you the question back at you? I think out of all the times I have used it, I've only been asked it back 3 times :s.

4 tinder dates last week though, it's very fun. 2 So far this week. I need to study for mah exams.

Luck be a Lady

It's not too uncommon for them to ask me what mine is. Maybe about 1 in 5? I take it as a sign that they're interested when they ask me and usually just pitch the meet immediately afterwards.

I use it 99% of the time on POF/OKC/Match but I don't really use it on Tinder unless the girl's super hot :P

77yLQy8.png

I think it would be funny to do the youtube spam messages like

"sometimes when I'm alone I pour olive oil all over myself and pretend I'm a slug"

that would be a good thing to put on OKC's "most private thing I'm willing to admit" section except for some reason they got rid of that :|

77yLQy8.png

Dating sites are evolving without me to develop techniques to subvert them.

Eh

I just took my girlfriend out for a handful of margaritas and had sex for a few hours. Have fun on your dates with rando internet chicks gentlemen

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn