The Runecrafting Guild - What will happen to rune prices?

magib1

who knows? we might even get the life runes for all we know -.-

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like we need something to make pure ess go up more. :roll:

With any luck the guild with have an ess mine closer to bank then the mage guide and gives more mining xp.

With more mining xp per ess and the same speed, maybe some people just might start mining pure ess and the price would finally start going down.

What980.png

voicefb2.png

With any luck the guild with have an ess mine closer to bank then the mage guide and gives more mining xp.

With more mining xp per ess and the same speed, maybe some people just might start mining pure ess and the price would finally start going down.

Now that would be nice. I could see some mid-low level miners doing this for cash.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Just a little patience... yeah. Just use a little patience....

We just know too little to make a decent speculation. The only thing we know is that there will be a Runecrafting guild, and that it will have a minigame in it. We don't know the experience rates, if there will be an essence shop or not, if rune prices will go up or down, if the minigame is overpowered or not fun at all.

Its like rolling a dice and trying to predict that it will land on 5, except that the dice is infinitly bigger and has about 357 sides.

Relax, we'll find out in due time what the effect will be on runecrafting and the economy.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Lol, this reminds me of the month when FOG was released....the pure ess rise and crash was soo funny.

Chances are it'll ether be a huge dissapointment for the masses, and a ncie place for a few, or else a huge success except for a few.

I think investors have learnt from their mistakes when fog was released, which is why pess prices are rather stable atm.

GL Jagex.

If they come out with Ess that gives more Mining exp, depending on how much more, I might just camp there with Abyssal Titans to train Mining at a big profit, and with very little clicking.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Sadly ess prices will rise and rune prices will fall, how much they fall or rise depends on how high the requirement to get into the guild is, for example if it's level 70 the prices will have a greater change compared to if it was level 50. This is of course due to people trying to get the levels needed to get into the guild.

patr1ckotg1.png

I don't think there will be much change. The mini-game will probably be like most others and not be efficient to train RC, maybe a few will use it if they really dislike the skill or want some extra xp from something else. The guild might sell runes and prices that are in most other shops, maybe magic guild prices and if it sold ess I doubt it would be at a very good price either.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

If the other guilds are anything to go bt it will be pretty hopeless and have no real effect on runecrafting. Based on other Guilds all you will probably get is another teleport to the essence mines and a shop selling items relevent to runecrafting, ie things like binding necklaces, tiaras and perhaps some of the lower level talismen, but I doubt that there will be a rune shop as runes are the result of runcrafting, not an aid to it. Oh.. and probably the RC mini-game.

If anything the RC mini-game has the potential of having a greater effect on rune prices. This will be especially the case if it greatly increase the rate at which you can get RC experiance. The greater the rate of experiance gain the more people will get the levels to craft the higher runes, this in turn would mean more of the higher runes being crafted and hence a drop in price (you could end up with the state where the supply of, say, nats greatly exceeds the demand).

first, i just want to say that jagex better make this guild f2p or i will *bleep* them.....

anyway, on topic, i agree with the other person who had said that ess will increase and runes will decrease.

but i jsut want to know what the point of the rc guild will serve? give us free talismans or ess? most likely im thinking that there will be a mining area for ess there. maybe rune pouches? hmmmm well, ill be waiting anxiously in agony :lol:

Oh yeah, because FTP REALLY deserves it.

If they have any common sense it'll be PTP.

Well, if it ISNT F2P then the F2Pers will complain about it and make more members upset. On the other hand, if it IS F2P then rune prices and/or essence prices could either rise or plummet.

magic has been out for like ever, and the magic guild is p2p only, why would they make something not as old f2p, and not make magic guild f2p? seems really pointless to me.

522 to 99 slayer

winner40.png

Maybe it will be like a new abyss...but w/o skully. Or maybe a tele to the current abyss.

Or maybe...it will let free players craft deaths and bloods (randomly, of course). :o

I'd like to see taht... then f2p mages will need blood runes to cast that high lvl spell!!!!

WOOT WOOT

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

i am like 95% sure it will NOT be f2p

you ruined my fun!

:wall: :cry: :evil:

Does f2p pay? No they do not. I realize that that f2pers hate when p2pers are "self-righteous" and "think we deserve everything and f2pers should get nothing" but maybe it's because WE PAY to get those privileges. F2p gets an absolutely massive amazing game, for free. [/pathetic rant]

Blakdragon39.png

you ruined my fun!

:wall: :cry: :evil:

Does f2p pay? No they do not. I realize that that f2pers hate when p2pers are "self-righteous" and "think we deserve everything and f2pers should get nothing" but maybe it's because WE PAY to get those privileges. F2p gets an absolutely massive amazing game, for free. [/pathetic rant]

I agree, but I wouldn't have put it in that wording.

Anyway, it depends on how fast the experience is with the minigame. If it's slow, then the rune essence prices won't fluctuate that much, if at all. If it's faster, the rune essence prices will drop. Other people probably posted this, but whatever.

j0xPu5R.png

Probably higher ess prices and maybe higher rune prices.

ess price may go up but not rune

there are rune stores in varrock and port sarim.(f2p) and in p2p which i dont really know.

the reason i mention the stores is that they have set prices on the runes.

i don't really think that the price will go up. most likely it would is stay the same or go down. only way that the price will go up is if they raise the shop price.

i don't know much about p2p rune shop but they probably have a set price on all the runes too. unless there are runes that are not in the shops.

then those runes that can only be made or by killing monster i think will be sold and the rc guild. thats my opinion.

i also think that it's just a mini game for quicker/funner method to rc

like thieves for pyramid plunder

mostly likely for p2p because there is no room for f2p in the maps unless it is in the wild

the only way i can think it can be for f2p too is to have the Audrey or the Wizzy from the tower to tele you like what they do for Rune ess.

big_mac911.png

big_mac911.png

You might be wrong. Rune Crafting was the last F2P skill to be added, so shouldn't that mean we should get the Guild as well?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

You might be wrong. Rune Crafting was the last F2P skill to be added, so shouldn't that mean we should get the Guild as well?

yes it is the last skill that is added but lets also think of all the other guilds that they have. do we not fish, range and mage too. there is no room for more add ons in f2p. i can only think of 3 places to put it

1. wild

2. talk to someone and they will tele you

3. they will add more room to f2p

i am f2p too so don't say that i a member that don't want f2p to get free updates

big_mac911.png

big_mac911.png

I'm hoping that P Ess is sold on F2p there for about 100ea, but [bleep] far from a bank, which will make ess fall but not a crazy amount, so Rc can be a little more profitable

Doomy edit: I like sheep

This is what i think:

To resume:

They are not making anything revolutionary for reason there is not a single skill guild that brought somthing new.I think minigame as part of guild won't do it nether

1.It won't have to do anything with abyss.Abyss is unique

2.Bank in guild? Idk (Altho there is 1 in warriors guild and if they plan of realising portals they might put bank,but as i said i dont see this that revolutionary,so it won't be any closer)

3.I can't tell what is going to happen to rune/ess prices.As some 1 posted above if minigame is exp based (i highly doubt its going to be better than ZMI altar ,so basicly it would make more ppl train for lower xp - thats good for runecrafting profit.On the other side in case it involves pure ess,pure ess will go up and runes will go up. But what if minigame requires you to use runes? - than rune price might go up) Just to mention - ess always gets up at point they realise new runecrafting stuff,it has always been this way

4.It is totally absurd adding a new rune type (soul for example) that has to do with guild. I HIGHLY doubt it.Its not Jagex style,they usually make new quests for that

5.It is logical new runecrafting guild would not affect rune prices directly in case shop is added for the reason most rune shops have the same price,and there is one at magic guild alredy

What i would really like to see is some new tool used for runecrafting,and is obtained from new guild ,but if obtaining that tool requires putting certain effort in obtaining it ,and even in case it degrades , i see it as a good update, if they make somthing affecting market prices, i wouldn't like it,but nobody cares...

zzZZ [- Glory From Beyond -]ZZzz

Dracula_Magic.gif