Today...

Leoo

So I forgot the e-mail associated with my TIF account... guess I'll use this one now.

I had a job interview today at a high-class restaurant about 20 minutes away from where I live an hour ago. The owner of the restaurant told me he would start me off at minimum wage (which is 10.25$/h here)

Do you live in Canada? It's not that high anywhere in the U.S.

So I forgot the e-mail associated with my TIF account... guess I'll use this one now.

I had a job interview today at a high-class restaurant about 20 minutes away from where I live an hour ago. The owner of the restaurant told me he would start me off at minimum wage (which is 10.25$/h here)

Do you live in Canada? It's not that high anywhere in the U.S.

It's $10 in Manitoba since the 1st of the month, and according to Wikipedia, Ontario's is $10.25, except for liquor servers who can make $8.60 an hour. Restaurants here also aren't allowed to include tips as part of a waiter's wage.

Also I think im cutting off ALL soft drinks for good (except party+b'day next weekend and my party weekend after) because they're making me feel ill.

Good on ya!

+ there was a UK Chick on the local news this week how she drank Diet Coke for 10 years no water and destroyed her health which was also a scary wake-up call.

Also Im highly tempted to just put rainbow colours thru my hair to piss mom off, dunno why.

Diet Coke is one of the few sodas I would never touch, period. What you said just makes me less likely to even look at it, even if the same can be applied to every single soft drink.

Curious, if you do apply rainbow colors to your hair, how long you plan to keep it? I've been thinking of dying my slightly red hair to dark black.

*shrugs* depends on the situation. like if a parties coming up I can use it as an excuse without too much drama. also depends if I get this job and whatnot. I dont think rainbow hair is....good for a defence base. :P

@Omar, meh idc what people say any more. I'm over with people's [cabbage] and attitudes, I'm making my own rules now.

Yeah, let us know how it turns out. I've been thinking about rainbowing my hair this summer for my summer job, but I don't really know how long it would take before it started to look like crap.

@Omar, meh idc what people say any more. I'm over with people's [cabbage] and attitudes, I'm making my own rules now.

What are you, a cowboy for Halloween?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

What are you, a cowboy for Halloween?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I had a job interview today at a high-class restaurant about 20 minutes away from where I live an hour ago. The owner of the restaurant told me he would start me off at minimum wage (which is 10.25$/h here) and if I showed initiative I would receive a raise, plus he said that the kitchen staff get a check at the end of the month for their share of the tips, which he said was usually between 200 and 250$. He told me that he keeps the checks for the first three months just in case employees quit or get fired, then after three months gives them out all at once. He said he would give me 25 hours a week for now, and if things go well I would have the opportunity to work full-time... I spoke to one of the waitresses for a few minutes while I was waiting for the owner, and she said he's a very generous guy and loves giving his employees random bonuses, so that's cool. He told me he would call me on Monday to let me know if I was hired or not. :thumbup:........ + all the waitresses are supermodel material.

Fingers crossed... ;)

Heh, sounds like the bar me and my friends frequent. The owner is the nicest guy you could meet, who isn't afraid of doing a bit of work himself and can regularly be found pulling pints behind the bar. Owners/Bosses like that can make a [cabbage] sounding job the best job in the world, which isn't common at all.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I have my TIF back <3

you guys missed me going to a concert, almost hooking up with my friend's ex, flipping on a professor, getting a raise AND now I'm only 7 cards short of my ideal yugioh deck :D

What concert?

Alesana headlined for A Skylit Drive, Sleeping With Sirens, Attila, Memphis May Fire and Serianna.

A Skylit Drive is impressive live, i don't care what music you listen to.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Trolled B-Dubs with my best friend today. It was nice to see him again after a few weeks. It is rather funny, I've known this guy for almost 4 years, but I was never extremely close to him. A few weeks ago, he came up and stayed with me for a weekend while he was playing in a Frisbee tournament. He told me about this dream that he had, and it rocked my [cabbage]. Ever since then, he has become by best friend. We are even starting to write a novel together, and like a lot of people, writing is not my forte.

On another note. I changed my siggy... I feel like such a horrible person for making it though.

Yeah exactly. The owner is actually the pastry chef at the restaurant too. It would be such a big change to get hired there... the boss at my old job (Tim Hortons) was the biggest douchebag/creep imaginable. He would hit on the 15 year old girls he hired all the time and was as cheap as possible... I remember working once when a girl came in for an interview, I went and got Randy (doucheboss) and he came to the front, put his hands on her shoulders and looked down at her chest, then said "You're looking great, come into my office."

It was hard to give my two weeks notice when I quit and not tell him off... I figured he could at least give me a reference for a future job, but I was wrong. A week ago, the owner of a gas station I applied at called him for a reference, and according to Randy I was always late for work, on weekends I always came in hungover, I didn't give two weeks notice before quitting and a bunch of other [cabbage]. Thankfully I have a friend that works at said gas station who explained that Randy is a 'tard, so all is well.

I was actually getting a coffee two days ago in drive-thru at the store Randy owns and I saw him unloading things from his car. I rolled my window down and flipped him off as he looked directly at me. Felt good.

Yeah exactly. The owner is actually the pastry chef at the restaurant too. It would be such a big change to get hired there... the boss at my old job (Tim Hortons) was the biggest douchebag/creep imaginable. He would hit on the 15 year old girls he hired all the time and was as cheap as possible... I remember working once when a girl came in for an interview, I went and got Randy (doucheboss) and he came to the front, put his hands on her shoulders and looked down at her chest, then said "You're looking great, come into my office."

It was hard to give my two weeks notice when I quit and not tell him off... I figured he could at least give me a reference for a future job, but I was wrong. A week ago, the owner of a gas station I applied at called him for a reference, and according to Randy I was always late for work, on weekends I always came in hungover, I didn't give two weeks notice before quitting and a bunch of other [cabbage]. Thankfully I have a friend that works at said gas station who explained that Randy is a 'tard, so all is well.

I was actually getting a coffee two days ago in drive-thru at the store Randy owns and I saw him unloading things from his car. I rolled my window down and flipped him off as he looked directly at me. Felt good.

The ending made me smile.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

you put that idiot as a reference? That's your own fault lol.

I'd have done a bit more than just flip him off...

I'm leaving TIF. There's no real "why", just no "why not". Godspeed.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

No D: No no no no no. I forbid you. In blatant disregard of the latter half of your post: why?

I imagine the recent down time gave you reflection on your lack of need?

Whatever the case, I'll miss you Omar. I wish only the best for you.

Played what might be my last paintball game of the season. Terrible day for it in all honesty. It was cold, super windy, and the area we used (old quarry + nearby forest) was still a bit wet. It was me and some friends, plus some people I know from university, 14 of us total, so it was a nice game. I'm a bit sore now. The guns always end up shooting a lot harder when speed isn't enforced for some reason...and the winds made long shots a lot more difficult than normal, so I think most of the hits were made under 50 ft or less (on the plus side, you could actually run while several people were shooting at you and have a few seconds before they got the aim right, which is a ton of fun).

Bruises are already forming, but that's the price of some fun :thumbsup:

If the weather is nice next weekend, we might suck up the cost and have another go. Maybe a night round since those are always a lot of fun.

I have my TIF back <3

you guys missed me going to a concert, almost hooking up with my friend's ex, flipping on a professor, getting a raise AND now I'm only 7 cards short of my ideal yugioh deck :D

What concert?

Alesana headlined for A Skylit Drive, Sleeping With Sirens, Attila, Memphis May Fire and Serianna.

A Skylit Drive is impressive live, i don't care what music you listen to.

Ah, I wanted to go to that concert, but when that tour eventually comes here it's two days after I see Skrillex and two concerts in 3 nights is a bit much money and time for me.

I actually saw A Skylit Drive a few months back with Underoath. I didn't really listen to them at the time so I didn't really have an opinion.

Was Attila good?

really? hmph. see ya, harrinator.

you put that idiot as a reference? That's your own fault lol.

I actually didn't, I just put that I worked at Tim Hortons in x town on my resume and the owner of the gas station called him up. :P

How did he guess which one? or do you live in a really small town that only has 1 Tim hortons? 4 years ago I was studying in a small town of 5650 people and there were 3 Tim Hortons.

What the hell man. :cry:

He'll be back. They always come back.

They almost never leave in the first place.

What the hell man. :cry:

He'll be back. They always come back.

They almost never leave in the first place.

I'm proof of this lol. He'll come back every once in awhile.