Today...

Leoo

(1 - x^2)y'' - 2xy' + n*( n + 1)y = 0

Solve that differential equation. :3

Just felt the need to share some of what I've been doing.

Ummm what is the n here? Just an arbitrary constant? Or is it a different type of differential equation requiring some sort of solution in series form?

And in response to above: Calculus generally starts in grade 12 for those who choose to take it

I took AP Stat instead of Calc my senior year. I have no idea what's going on :twss:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ummm what is the n here? Just an arbitrary constant? Or is it a different type of differential equation requiring some sort of solution in series form?

Yah, it's basically an arbitrary constant. The solutions to that equation are Legendre's Polynomials, which are specific to certain values of n (usually it's an l, but I thought it might be confusing to use that since it doesn't look like an l on the computer). You assume a power series to solve it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Yah, it's basically an arbitrary constant. The solutions to that equation are Legendre's Polynomials, which are specific to certain values of n (usually it's an l, but I thought it might be confusing to use that since it doesn't look like an l on the computer). You assume a power series to solve it.

Gotcha.

A quick wiki tells me that it occurs when solving Laplace's equation in spherical coordinates, which isn't something we cover. We did a fair amount of partial differential equations, but only in boring regular coords.

Recently we've been doing complex contour integrals.

:thumbsup:

Sent an email to one of my past professors earlier about possibly doing research work for him in the summer, and he replied saying that he does plan on taking someone and he wants to meet with me to discuss it.

SO if all goes well I'll be doing fluid mechanics research instead of working at a fast food restaurant this summer.

No idea exactly what I'd be doing, but he does a lot of wind tunnel/aerodynamics research so probably something along those lines.

:thumbsup:

Sent an email to one of my past professors earlier about possibly doing research work for him in the summer, and he replied saying that he does plan on taking someone and he wants to meet with me to discuss it.

SO if all goes well I'll be doing fluid mechanics research instead of working at a fast food restaurant this summer.

No idea exactly what I'd be doing, but he does a lot of wind tunnel/aerodynamics research so probably something along those lines.

That sounds like a great gig! Hope you get it. :thumbup:

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

So glad my course doesn't require exams. I can't study for shit.

Today I did some work, some photoshopping and cleaned my bicycle. It's winter and it'll probably get muddy again but it's so shiny and pretty and I had a lot of free time.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Last day of term today. 3 weeks off. :thumbup:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Last day of term today. 3 weeks off. :thumbup:

Hells yah, dude!

Went and got my haircut. Now I'm gonna clean up my face (shave), take a shower, and play some video games. Not a worry in the world.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Woke up all night every 15-30mins from tossing and turning. IT. SUCKED.

Wanna get better for a party tomorrow, not so much the drinking part, but to see a mate that I haven't seen in a year.

Also, awkward question but how quick/cost is a sexual health check? I know im clean but I just wanted some re-assurance.

Popoto.~<3

So tired right now. Had to go drop a friend odd in Miami this afternoon. Was a 2 and a half hour drive there and a 3 and a half hour drive back. Got stuck on the i95 because of an accident. Moved like 5 miles in about 45 minutes (and i got a bit lost).

Also, Americans have got to be the worst drivers i have ever come across, and that's saying a lot seeing as i live in the middle east. What is a turn indicator? Why should i use it when changing lanes at ~80mph? Oh herp derp let me text someone on my qwerty keyboard phone while driving ~80mph with thousands of cars around me.

So smart.

So tired right now. Had to go drop a friend odd in Miami this afternoon. Was a 2 and a half hour drive there and a 3 and a half hour drive back. Got stuck on the i95 because of an accident. Moved like 5 miles in about 45 minutes (and i got a bit lost).

Also, Americans have got to be the worst drivers i have ever come across, and that's saying a lot seeing as i live in the middle east. What is a turn indicator? Why should i use it when changing lanes at ~80mph? Oh herp derp let me text someone on my qwerty keyboard phone while driving ~80mph with thousands of cars around me.

So smart.

Sounds exactly like QLD and alot of young drivers here. Almost got taken out by a red P plater typing away and just cut me off in a round about.

Popoto.~<3

So smart.

Sounds exactly like QLD and alot of young drivers here. Almost got taken out by a red P plater typing away and just cut me off in a round about.

[bleep]ing idiots. Those people should be put in jail or have their fingers cut off.

I might drive like an idiot sometimes, but i have never done so when other people's lives could be endangered.

People need to stop being so selfish.

The problem here on the Jurassic Coast is the opposite - too many pensioners disobeying the speed limit in the opposite way, too many indecisive mums.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

The problem here on the Jurassic Coast is the opposite - too many pensioners disobeying the speed limit in the opposite way, too many indecisive mums.

Sounds like Fort Pierce. But to be honest, after today i think i actually prefer that to the texting, speeding, morons.